Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What should I do????

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by justafanaticfan, Oct 6, 2015.

1. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

The strawberries should've gotten more screen time than Beth.

2. lee7189

lee7189 Member

LOL. I like your husband.

3. lee7189

lee7189 Member

I think you should definitely watch all the episodes before moving on. Easy for me to say since I'm caught up and ready to go. Anyway, season 4 episode 14 'The Grove' and season 5 episode 9 'What Happened and What's Going On' are my favorite episodes and you should not miss them.

4. lee7189

lee7189 Member

The episode in Shirewilt is s5ep9 'What Happened and What's Going On'. The Grove and this one are my two favorite episodes.

5. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Nah.... I have been stalking them from the beginning and have watched the entire time, even when I had to binge watch to catch up. What else are you supposed to do if you want to watch the show?

6. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

I'm pretty sure my TWD binge lasted about two weeks and I had the AFL grand final (Australia's Super Bowl) three photoshoots and a kiss concert. So you definitely could have done it.

7. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

Holy shit. You still have a long way to go. You have 43 episodes to watch to get caught up.

8. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

Just checking in again. Thread starter, how many episodes do you have left to get caught up?

9. justafanaticfan

Well, I totally fail at binge watching, I'll tell you that. My husband has been home from work for a month because he had surgery and the Tv is kind of his thing, so I always feel guilty when I take it over. I can tell he's not too into TWD because he'll sit through one or two episodes and then ask if I want to go get something to eat or whatever. And my four year old has decided he HATES TWD, he says it gives him nightmares.
    So to make a long story short, I just finished Internment. And to be honest, for some reason, this part of the story is a dragging a little. Of course I'll keep watching it, but hopefully the story picks up again soon.
    I'll do a mini-marathon Friday because my husband will be back to work by then.

On a side note, he just got a 55" TV for xmas and the walkers are pretty bad ass on a TV that size.

10. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

Are you still on 4x05?

11. justafanaticfan

Yep I'm a suck-ass TV watcher. I did start on the comics though so that's awesome.

12. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

Hope you don't let the comics distract you from the show. S6 is getting close to the end, and even though you'll have a while to catch up, the comics might make you forget where you are show-wise.

13. justafanaticfan

I'm good. I take notes. Because I'm a dork.

14. Jay Bonansinga

Wow Justafanaticfan, You're in quite a pickle! You definitely should binge watch all the episodes and just tape the season and watch it when you have a chance but you are making one crucial error. If you want the true Walking Dead experience you need to read the 6 Walking Dead Novels! They are New York Times Best Sellers and have amazing characters like Lilly Caul and The Preacher! They make Rick Grimes and The Governor look like Morales and his disobedient son Morales Jr! So why don't you head down to your local book store and pick those up!

Thank You~Jay

15. justafanaticfan

Jay- you should send me some signed copies. :Grin:

16. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

jaff, hope you don't mind me making a suggestion. What if you make a goal of trying to read a certain amount of comics and watch a certain amount of episodes per week? Obviously, I don't know how busy
    your schedule is, but I assume you'd be able to manage an episode or two, or an episode and an issue
    of the comic per night.

So what if you watch one or two eps M, W, F. Then read a few issues T, T, S, and then spend the free time you have on Sunday (if any) playing catch up on the show. You could probably get several episodes in, depending on what you've got going on.

Or you could make it a point to make Sunday as your TWD day. Set any plans you have for Saturday's or early Sunday and when you get home, spend a few hours in the afternoon with the comics or the show.

#96 shoot-to-kill, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  17. justafanaticfan

Of course I don't mind the suggestion, and I appreciate it. The thing is, (well several things), first, I have a four year old who is TERRIFIED of the show. He has nightmares whenever he sees it, so my time to watch is severely limited, i.e. when he's asleep or when he's not home. Second, I can't stay up any later than him during the week because of a long commute and early shift at work. So that leaves my days off when he's not home, which is every other Friday. I have been watching a few episodes on those days but usually my priorities have to be cleaning the house or food shopping or spending time with my hubby.
    Last winter we would usually watch four or five episodes whenever I had Fridays off.
    This winter I just haven't been doing so, maybe because I've been reading some really good book series.
    So, long story short, no time, but I gotta try harder and make it a bigger priority.

As for the comic, as soon as I'm done with these last five books in the series I'm reading, I'll get the first compendium done and buy the other two. I can get those all read pretty quickly.

18. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

Oh okay, that makes sense. I don't remember if I asked this already, does your husband watch the show, too?

(Gonna send you a PM soon.)

19. justafanaticfan

yes he does although he's not a fanatic fan like I am (hahaha get it?) Got your pm, thank you.

today we watched two more episodes. I wasn't too big on the Governor bottle episodes but I was super excited to "meet" Tara. Worth it for that!