Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[605] Complaints and Criticisms. NOW!!

Discussion in 'Episode 605 - Now' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Moor-Angol

Moor-Angol Member

I know what you did there, Aaron... :D

2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

This is where the show has been slipping over the past couple of seasons. They seem to forget what they just did before and then give no explanation why something wasn't done, or used, later on. Aaron's sewer exit from Alexandria would've been a good option as well to draw the walkers away from the wall. It's worth a try to use flares or other general distractions there to get them away from the wall to where you could at least attempt to pull the same trick at the quarry. If you get a vehicle or two out maybe you can draw a good portion away.

I was also very frustrated with Rick's remark about the wall. It was something to the effect of, "It's fine. We reinforced it and it'll hold."

Really? How do you know that? You're an engineer? A damn truck also weakened one portion of the wall, and from your experience at the prison you know walkers at the wall just draw more. So 20 walkers deep around your perimeter is no big deal. Yeah, I wouldn't be worried at all. What could possibly go wrong?

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Another thing is how they went for the cheap generic horror movie scare of having a walker jump out of nowhere to attack Deanna. Rick then explained to her that Carol shot someone during the attack but didn't know where the body was.

Okay, that's plausible. There were lots of people and it was mayhem. But if you knew there was a soon to be walker bomb in your community would you let everyone wander around alone and see if anymore of these hapless people there get killed?

I laughed when Rick provided Deanna with that reveal after the fact. It was like, "Yep you almost died."

4. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

So Rick leaves the RV and leads the heard straight to ASZ, stupid. They had taken the time to line one of the roads with cars, why not go that way and jump into one of the working cars.:hatchet:

5. Youcher1

Youcher1 New Member

It seems they are using "The Talking Dead" to get a lot of expository info out, i.e: How did Betsy become a Zombie?.....They are trying to make the "Talking Dead" (which costs nothing to make) indispensable viewing.

6. Youcher1

Youcher1 New Member

Does anybody else always skip the first few pages of these forums? It is always full of lame-ass insider memes and comments from the regulars trying to be hip/funny/voguish. All the best comments (mostly unreplied to) are made by newbies.

7. Youcher1

Youcher1 New Member

The sewer made no sense. It was massive with high ceilings and it let out, untreated, into an open field. We know Nicotero wanted to intro some jello zombies but the writing/production design is crazy lazy.

8. zombie_breath

zombie_breath New Member

I agree with your point that character development should of been tied in with our core beloved group. I really did not like this episode and the inspirational speeches were awful, so awful that I missed Maggie's pregnancy announcement because I was talking and griping through out most of the stupid episode. If the integrity of the characters matched the action it is a good show but when they lose their core group and lose their balance of matching characters with their actions it gets bad--I think the Alexandrians could of been more interesting but they failed to develop them in an interesting way in whole. I know every episode can't be great so oh well. I still LOVE the show...IF GLENN IS ALIVE AND WELL.

9. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I wonder if you have any bias, given your 16 posts?

10. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

LOL! Yeah, that would be pretty bad. Aaron must have meant "storm drain", not sewer. That would also explain why it was so clean inside.

11. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

I always post in the first few pages before the show airs, because they are funny, hip and voguish(is that a word?) but then I am childish and I like fun. I don't read the complaints and criticisms as they are pretty un-original after 6 seasons. I think you'll find the best comments get lots of thanks and likes regardless of whether you're a newbie or not. Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy the show.

12. ΖΟΜΠΙ

ΖΟΜΠΙ New Member

Oh how i wish the essence of this show was actually about surviving a zombie apocalypse. And how i wish they put a little more effort to convey the horror of it all.

Instead, zombies in TWD are just an excuse for perpetuating a poorly written soap-opera with so many logical inconsistencies and boring sub-plots that even an infant would have found it weak.

13. Brother AJ

Brother AJ New Member

Wow... It totally makes sense why you're here then! Clearly your vague criticisms really liven up the discussion on here! :Grin: Care to be more specific?

14. drifter77

drifter77 Member

Ummm....so why do you keep watching?

15. ivegotredonme

ivegotredonme New Member

Some people commented that there may be Wolves still hiding out in the empty houses, if this does turn out to be part of the plot it would be ridiculous (ridiculous on the writers part, not the people commenting it might happen). I already don't understand how they managed to not find the guy/zombie that jumped Deana, I would of thought a methodical search would of been done as soon as the area was secured, but apparently everybodies first priority was to head over to the food storage/canteen area and blag all the food.

With regards to the squidgy zombies in the storm drain, i've given up on anybody actually smelling a zombie and using it as forewarning, it never seems to happen, i'd of thought some of the scenarios they've been in on this programme, they'd of had about two hours head start based on the pong some of the walkers would be kicking out.

Was anybody else really irritated by Rick standing next to the fence and doing his speech on keeping everything on the down low and being quiet, not attracting attention - he was shouting away, why do they never have these meetings in one of the houses/buildings?

I know this post has been a moanfest, but seriously, this was such a non-episode, I kept waiting for something to happen the whole way through, I actually thought Maggie might see dead/alive Glenn at the gate at the end of the storm drain at one stage.

16. ΖΟΜΠΙ

ΖΟΜΠΙ New Member

Because I'm drawn to almost everything that has to do with zombies and occasionally comes a decent episode that makes me hope. I'm close to quitting though...

17. swscully

swscully Member

That hadn't occurred to me! Carol is my fav character too, behind Glen.. Last weeks episode threw me off a bit.

Yeah, Carol went straight up sociopath last week, and was sadly missing form most of this episode. . . Morgans character sucks, and bores me. But I guess to set up the stuff with Neemond, someone had to make a grievous error.

18. swscully

swscully Member

I used to wonder about the smell too, but if they were in a sewer, than a smell alarm wouldnt work well.

The walkers that have been up walking for some time are starting to appear to be starting to mummify. A very old walker might not give off much smell, unless its killed something fresh.

Some of these monsters are up and walking without muscles on their torsos... I dont think we should dig too deeply into the details.

19. ΖΟΜΠΙ

ΖΟΜΠΙ New Member

Alas, we can't be all dedicated fans such as yourself mate. Some people just like zombies and want the show to be more revolved around them and the actual horror. Please, let us be, don't cast us away before we decide to do so ourselves.

More specific? Every episode is full of logical flaws and convenient writing. I mean, really, full of it. If you literally need me to give you some examples, then i don't know what show you've been watching. Go check the previous pages and your curiosity will be satisfied...

#79 ΖΟΜΠΙ, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  20. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

This. Of course not everyone noticed but the entire point was for people to take note of the smaller notes and mentions. In episode 03 they empathized her husband's relationship with so-called Betsy and basically that they were everything for each other. I connected the dots when I saw she cut her wrist but if someone had taken note of his wife earlier on they could've seen it as well.. It's not easy but not impossible like people are saying. I actually like it that way, the show really tries to make you to take note of small details!

So quit then lol. No one's stopping you. I don't think anyone actually cares.