Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Hello all! Hoping to enjoy my stay...

Discussion in 'Survivor Intros' started by Brother AJ, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Brother AJ

Brother AJ New Member

Hello all! Hope you are well. I'm very much looking forward to joining the discussion on here! I have a lot of opinions... I've had difficultly finding fellow fans in real life personally, and my wife unfortunately just can't handle the violence although I can't really blame her lol... I've been a big fan of the show ever since I found the first 3 seasons on Netflix, and my love for it has virtually no end in sight! The only shows that come close to me in terms of quality ATM are Breaking Bad, LOST, Angel, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer (with the last two beating the TWD until perhaps the series finale :Grin:)

To give you just a little information about myself I am a student and currently work at a doggie day care facility, generally fall on the left side of the political spectrum although I'm capable of being convinced otherwise, lover of nature and animals, atheist, gamer, Team Morgan (I'm just assuming this is a thing haha), and an ethical vegan that was very pleased to see a vegetarian in the last episode and in the ZA no less!

Finally, I wanted to say explain why as an atheist and a realist, as well as a fan of television in general, I am so immensely attracted to the TWD. Not only did they actually have a zombie outbreak that was completely plausible since everyone was infected and would turn upon death (don't try and tell me a disease that is only spread through biting would make the world and military fall), but it's also a world that simply doesn't care about your prayers, religious beliefs, or how much you hope something will happen. Pray for guidance and a miracle? Your son gets shot in the chest. Know against all odds that you'll find a missing girl alive and well? She turns up as a zombie. Main characters can die without warning, and hardly anyone has plot armor (except maybe Rick :zombies_lol:). There is no larger rhyme nor reason why anything happens, all of it just happens which is similar to the real world IMHO. None of this is to say, of course, that this is a world without hope, peace, and love. These things have existed in the show and will continue to exist for episodes onwards, but they never HAD to come from a belief in a higher power or "destiny."

At its core TWD is about survival, but it is also about living. Living, in my eyes, is about finding connection, banding together, leaning on one another, and making your own family (which needn't include people of blood relation) so that you can perhaps tip the universal scales in your favor as well as make life worth living. All of this is almost perfectly exemplified by TWD, and this is why this show means so much to me.

Hah... Well that was kind of a long introduction! Oh well, I did have some thoughts I needed to get out, and hopefully I didn't bore you. Hope to be chatting with you all soon! Peace.

2. Dreet

Dreet Well-Known Member

I don't care what religion you are but if you like the show LOST and is on Team Morgan, you're cool in my book already.

Welcome!

3. Brother AJ

Brother AJ New Member

Hah.. Well thank you very much. I have to say though that atheism isn't a religion. It's more like saying you LACK a religion or more specifically a belief in God(s). I simply thought some might appreciate how my position affected my enjoyment of the show.

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

To some, bald is still a hair color.

Now, when are you starting the comics? ;)

5. Brother AJ

Brother AJ New Member

Hah, indeed! Eh... I'll admit that I am curious about the comics, but I worry about starting them at least until after the TV series ends. I do understand that the plot-lines between the two mediums have diverged quite a bit, but I was under the impression that the TV series was still visiting locations and meeting characters that were first revealed in the comics which I would consider slightly spoilerish...

6. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

It's okay. You can read them. The comics are similar enough to the show that it's fun and interesting to speculate on what's going to happen down the road, but nothing is truly spoiled. Examples of things that totally werent spoiled by the comics at all:

Merle and Daryl didn't exist.
    the CDC didn't happen.
    Shane's death
    hershel's farm invasion
    Lori's death
    Andrea's death
    the sickness arc
    Carol's rise to badassery
    Terminus, at all. Let alone ending up in a boxcar.
    beth didn't exist, let alone the hospital storyline
    ty's death
    Noah's death
    the wolves.
    glenn's death.

7. lis5112

lis5112 Well-Known Member

Hello! Just dropping in to welcome you to the forum! :)