Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

**** Scott Gimple and **** AMC

Discussion in 'Episode 616 - Last Day on Earth' started by Carl Grimes, Apr 3, 2016.

1. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Yes! I was going to post the same thing . I even said it to my sister and her husband who I watch with at their house. Then I got so mad at the illogical explanation that I couldn't watch anymore of TTD and left their house to drive home.

2. Carl Grimes

Carl Grimes Member

Hardwick on Talking Dead "You will find out who died this summe- I meant this fall"
    Very true

3. limitedtime

limitedtime New Member

What I find sad is that although the know Chris is a employee to these guys. They sure did put him in place because of a small mis pronunciation. Nice. Chris. Perhaps you need to move on. We all know the TTD is marketing but today, that was a joke. Chris. You have integrity. This makes you comprise it in my view. Gimple. The world can't pronounce stuff. Get over it. You looked so silly today. Correcting people that prop your show that has jumped the shark. Nice.

4. lvprguy

lvprguy Member

I had a feeling their would be a big tease. I though for sure they were going to cut it before Negan swung down just to further piss people off. I guess during the season 7 premiere we'll see that scene from another angle and get to relive it all over again.

5. Well Walker

Well Walker Member

This episode was like having the best sex ever. When you're moments from being finished the girl roles over and says, "Goodnight".

6. Aquatic Nuggets

Man, I don't know if I'd go as far as the title, but I definitely understand the place it's coming from.

Just wow. What a bad episode. What a bad choice.

(How's that for a first post lol)

7. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! I agree with what you said :(

8. Hope the Savior

Gimple's primary justification for the cliffhanger is ridiculous. I get it, Gimple. You want us to feel what the characters are feeling, to empathize with them during their ordeal. But guess what? The characters aren't waiting around for six months wondering whom Negan killed. They know! And they’re reacting! They’re crying, they’re screaming, they’re pleading with him to stop, they’re begging for mercy.

By not revealing the death and the other characters' reactions, you've deprived us, Gimple, of the opportunity to empathize with them as purely as we possibly could. When season seven commences, our experience will be tainted because our anger and disappointment with you and AMC will cause us to feel additional emotions than Rick and company and may likewise lessen our emotional responses.

9. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I just have to say that I love your avi. That scene in the comics is so random and cracks me up every time I look at it. :zombies_lol:

10. Chansey

Chansey Member

The majority of the fanbase seems to have become too entitled over this past season.

This cliffhanger doesn't take us out of the moment any more than having six months to cool off after seeing who died would have.

So I say well done, Gimple!

• Like Like x 1
  11. J K

J K Member

Talk about blue balls.

Yeah pretty idiotic, build up all that anticipation all season for abso ****ing lutely nothing. What a complete waste of an iconic moment. That last scene was very intense and it would have been shocking to see whoever was killed and it would have given the fans all summer to really mourn and digest it carrying into next season.

But hey we got to see Trevor Phillips at least.

12. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

bunch of cunce

13. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say we're "entitled" at all. We were simply looking forward to this scene, to seeing it come right out of the pages of the comic only to have it ripped out and basically shat on. I get that changes need to be made for the show, but myself and many others thought or assumed Gimple was a big enough fan to want to do this scene justice.

I'll say what I've said many times before. This is the Glenn dumpster thing all over again. It's not clever and it's not shocking in the least.

The lot of us had high hopes for this scene, Negan's big intro which turned out to be not so much.

But I will say that JDM's performance was on point.

14. lurkers&roamers

It's not an entitlement thing. The issue is the cliffhanger takes all of the emotion out of the scene. It took away from what would have been a beautifully devastating scene. Now, I don't give a crap who it was. I really don't. And it seems like a good portion of the fan base agrees.

15. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

Cranston accurately describing tonight's episode (and Gimple's "work" in general):

[​IMG]

16. Rick's Nose

Rick's Nose Member

And... for those of us that didn't read the comics but have invested in these characters and heard about Negan non-stop we needed to hate Negan. I'm somewhere between liking him and being aroused at the mo.

There was no reason not to show who died and leave us thinking WTF!!!!! I need more NOW. Strangely I don't feel that at the mo because it feels like a cop out

17. Rick's Nose

Rick's Nose Member

I agree. I've trawled the internet for weeks wanting to know. Now I'm "meh"

18. Komodia

Komodia Member

You explained the feeling perfectly. That's how I felt, the story was going good until that very last moment and how it was done has left me not even caring (only caring that was it such a huge let down and this use to be my favorite show). My stomach was in nuts all the way up to that point and then making it into some cheap cliffhanger has left me like 'eh' 'who cares?' since it felt so fake. I'm not even sure if that can be called a cliffhanger since I don't feel like I'm hanging on to see what happens. Just kind of went to the top of the cliff and now climbing back down safely.

19. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

Same. Interest level about the death (and the show) went from a 10 to a 1-2.

If today were my actual "last day on Earth", it'd be the suckiest ending, right behind the end of the actual episode.

Thanks for wasting my time, you moronic, unqualified, self-praising, charlatan of a "showrunner". Please get struck by lightning.

[​IMG]

20. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

JDM is perfection.