Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

For the sake of saving the scene...

Discussion in 'Episode 616 - Last Day on Earth' started by YR38, Apr 4, 2016.

1. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

lol. I did it myself.

Agreed. Here's hoping the writers remember he f*cking exists rather than having him be a background character like they tend to.l

2. Cat'sMeow

Cat'sMeow Member

For me that's at least 45% why they did the cliffhanger, because they know issue #100 is well known and talked about and that everyone and their grandma had googled that Glenn would meet Lucille.
    I just don't know if it will be him, but after watching I'm curious as to how they will redeem the cliffhanger... Bc that was a poo decision(in my opinion.)

3. Rick's Nose

Rick's Nose Member

I just don't get it. What better way to end a season than Negan saying tata. Whilst we not only try and take it by the clothes who's been Lucille'd but also try and take in all the other characters reaction.

My other concern is there were lot of extras as well as all of the cast to get them all back, and back in the moment to continue filming..... We're probably gonna end up post funeral

4. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Of course.

Here's a couple of big things we know from his character in S6

- Carl's feeling self-conscious or at the least not okay about how he looks. Carl making a joke out of the matter I thought was just a crudely put up facade. People often joke about matters they don't like discussing in a serious light, sometimes we don't even realise it. Carl is clearly feeling self-conscious about his appearance, that weak smile and stutter as he closed the discussion told it all. Rick's smile turning into a more bewildered hurt look sold it perfectly - it's definitely going to be brought up again. Carl's definitely not okay, making light of it is probably just how he deals with it. Sadly, we haven't got anything else since then because he's barely got any screen-time.

- Carl's darker side, that side that just wants to remove threats because "it has to be done" is still very much there. I think getting shot was the catalyst for it to reappear. He gave someone a second chance and it was thrown in his face, he tried to give Alexandria a chance even after the prison went bad and now he's either outside the walls or chooses to stay behind to protect the place. I don't think there's any-more video games/movies like he did in S5. He gave that life one more chance and he's done with it.

The issue is that we haven't actually seen him in a darker/more serious scene since getting shot, until this finale. I think he has a noticeable rougher edge with the way he was pretty cold to Enid in the woods, trying to avoid conversation, not really enjoying babysitting Judith like he used to.

However, the finale gave us an insight albeit brief of where he's at right now. Enid says: "You wanna run into them, right? You hope they show up" - and Carl doesn't answer but gives a rather cold look and that's all that Enid had to know. Furthermore he was completely unshaken by the Saviors attempt to antagonise him.

I think Carl's going to be a lot darker going into S7 and no amount of farming, guidance, walled in communities is going to mellow him out this time.

[​IMG]

5. ostendadler

ostendadler Member

Season 7 will start 3 month later with 45 minutes of fence/wall maintenance and baby diaper changing by father gabriel ...

6. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

For the sake of saving the scene it has to be Glenn or Daryl.

7. ostendadler

ostendadler Member

I wish Glenn died under that dumpster. As winy as fan boys go this would have thrown us off big time. Now I'm pretty sure he'll be back to delivering papa johnes by fall.

8. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

It's kind of hard to "save" a scene that was built up through an entire episode (or half a season, really), then given 7 months of breathing time.

The moment came and went. There's no way to recapture the intensity the scene had up until the cliffhanger. It was right there, and ratings was chosen over integrity.

9. ostendadler

ostendadler Member

I wish they went down the path of guardians of the galaxy and then smash someone's head. Talking of mixed signals !

I'd pay to see Negan go [​IMG]

10. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

It blows my mind they effed it up so bad. I feel numb but not in the desired sense they intended. Honestly not felt this "meh" since Andrea was killed. Gimple has a bad habit of building stuff up for ages, then he reaches where the climax should be and then pushes it further back. You can never just enjoy an episode. Cause you know he will push the money shot off til later.

No Way Out has a top IMDB rating. To me it was rather weak cause all of 6A should have been No Way Out really, but it took side roads, totally different directions, reversed, went up one way roads, came back, etc. Beside the Dying Fire remains one of the best episodes to me and the best finale.

#30 Benrai2k, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  11. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Agreed. And when he finally does decide to stop stalling and give the payoff, I've come to expect it being about 5 times weaker than it should be in execution.

Granted, Gimple is preferable to Mazzara, but his shortcomings are becoming increasingly evident, especially in this past season. He keeps repeating the same mistakes.

12. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

Yeah, like the Wolves were built up, left to simmer. JSS happened, which was a good episode. But no one major died. However the Alpha Wolf was still around, so maybe there is more to it. Then however, he just gets killed by Carol anyway. Don't see the point, tbh.

13. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

Yup.
    I couldn't give two shits about Ezekiel and Shiva right now TBH

14. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Gimple can take Ezekiel and Shiva up his ass.

15. Gustavo LaPizza

that would be the worse possible choice ever.
    Therefore there's an high chance you're right on that.

16. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

sideways

17. Glenn's Deuce

Glenn's Deuce Member

100% agree.

18. St_Skill

St_Skill Member

I swear if we meet Ezekiel before we find out who dies -.- I spent about 20 minutes into TTD still holding up my middle fingers at my TV from the credits of TWD. Ugh...