Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe: here's the only clue

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Predictions' started by Jederdead, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

Interestingly enough, in the comic he states he won't kill someone for fear of being considered racist. Then kills the korean guy. I think you also have not heard him say anyone is off limits and even stated that he had killed a kid from the Hilltop (a teenager at least), so I don't think that necessarily means TV Negan has to follow all the rules.

2. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Very true.

I believe the Hilltop kid was mentioned as being 16. I almost have to wonder if he might have mouthed off at Negan and that affected him being selected as "the one" for that settlement.

Not that beating a 16-year-old teenager to death with a barbed wire baseball bat is an awesome response, but it makes me wonder if Negan chose him in order to be a complete and total dick or if there were other factors in play.

3. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

I don't think that Negan killed the kid at Hilltop. They said that the Saviors came and "they" "beat him to death." If Negan had bashed his head in with a bat they would have just said that. Same goes for the library. Trevor said that they killed one of them to make their point. It could have been Negan that did it but it just as easily could have been Trevor or another Savior. I don't know that we can really set any rules on tv Negan yet.

4. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Hmmm, you know, that's a good point. Not sure why, but I was assuming that Negan made a personal appearance to each new community discovered in order to lay down the law about the New World Order, but maybe that's not the case. I haven't rewatched the episode that introduced Hilltop, but I think I remember them just mentioning that the Saviors showed up and "they" did this and that. It could've simply been a scouting group acting on Negan's behalf while he was at his main base.

Would be kinda nice to know definitively one way or the other.

5. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

Well, I think the fact that they thought the outpost was all there was to Negan's group, shows they knew very little about Negan. They also may have thought one of those guys was Negan, since they often called themselves Negan anyway.

No, I think Rick's group was the lucky ones to finally lure Negan out to do his own dirty work. So, it may not have been him that had smashed in that kid. Could have been the guy who had the pictures up that was the head smasher most of the time...probably learned it early on from Negan, and they took on the brutality that he role modeled. Probably scared his own men to compliance as well.

6. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Negan was more or less "impressed" by what Rick and his group of people had accomplished, so much that he decided to greet them personally and show them he is not to be ****ed with. But I too don't think Negan is the one who killed that kid unless its later mentioned that he did in Season 7.

7. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Carl was killed.

8. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

No way was it carl!

OP i really enjoyed your post & you put a lot of thought into it.

9. Otter1

Otter1 New Member

I too believe it is Michonne. Not only would it be shocking, but it would start a great story line of Rick going batshit crazy.

10. Viki

Viki Member

But Rick's partners die all the time. It's becoming too cliche.

11. Deidre

Deidre Member

I have a feeling he killed either the strongest/someone who could be a threat, or the weakest/someone who will be a liability. Glenn, if we follow the comic, Maggie if it's the weakest person, and Daryl for the strongest. Rick and Michonne are also part of the strongest, but...if either are gone, the show's vibe will change drastically. Honestly, I'd stop watching if/when Rick dies. He is TWD. lol

Abraham, Sasha, Carl, and the rest are more 'moderate' characters, and I don't see the show writing off just yet, at least in that scene, moderate characters. I like Abraham, and Sasha, but ...they are more in the background than anything else, at least for me. Carl is a part of Rick, don't see him going anywhere...anytime soon. If at all.

#31 Deidre, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  12. Deidre

Deidre Member

I've since changed my mind on this ^^

Think that Sasha might be the victim of Negan, causing Abraham to fly into a rage, lunging at Negan, and Negan takes him out, too. So, possibly two victims.

13. deadforever1

deadforever1 New Member

dont think its Rick or Carl
    I guess we will have to wait until October.....

14. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

I, too, think that the '16-yer-old' at Hilltop as the sacrificial victim was a clue. Would instill the most amount of fear among the rest. This would mean Carl, but Carl was silent and stoic ...which Negan noticed, along with his eye. Didn't act like a 'kid'. He even call Carl a "future serial killer". So, who is the next youngest ...the one that Negan might think? Either Sasha or Rosita , I'd guess.

15. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

It's not Rick or Carl. They're too integral to the future storyline. Plus they've both been seen filming S7. I think it's a male and it may even been 2 of them. Still think Glenn is killed, but possibly also Abraham. I'm pretty sure Glenn is the POV from the back of the truck and using POV on the kill would be consistent, but then it could be a set up. Gimbel (not sure of spelling) says it will be a tragic loss, so it's got to be a major character, but he's also alluded to it being a surprise. They've shown in the past that they like to twist things up pretty good, so I'm eagerly awaiting Oct. 23. Interviews with cast members almost all said "have someone close to you while you watch the S7 premiere".

16. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Interesting differences in the comic version, but some similarities too . Example: Negan skips around and doesn't follow in order during the nursery rhyme. Here's the sequence: Eeny, meeny, miny, moe ( Carl ) Catch a tiger ( Rick ) By his toe ( Glenn ) If he hollers ( Michonne ) Let him go ( Heath) My mother told me ( Michonne ) To pick the ( Rick ) Very best one ( Maggie [ and Sophia ]) And you ( Heath ) Are .....It ( Glenn )

17. Bravo Duck

Bravo Duck New Member

The only clue that matters

18. TERMINUSBBQ

TERMINUSBBQ New Member

I think the big shock isn't in 'who' but in 'how many' die. My gut says that when Negan goes to bash in Glenn's skull Maggie loses her shit and makes a move towards the scene..Abraham then goes to hold/console Maggie to keep her from doing something stupid. Negan doesn't like this and kills both of them as well.

Yes Maggie is sick and weak but Glenn is all she has left, more or less, and seeing him brutally murdered she just loses it.

It won't be Rick Carl or Daryl. Pretty sure Michonne is safe for at least 1 more season. I highly doubt it would be Aaron, Rosita or Eugene. While those deaths would be sad they do not warrant the level of hype or anticipation they've thrust upon us all summer. Sasha is a wild card especially if Abraham is one the victims.

Plus everyone has said that reading the script made them sick and the vibe after is very heavy...doesn't get much more brutal than a husband/wife double murder when the wife is also pregnant and sick. I think given that Glenn dies in the comics and given how just utterly brutal this scene is described to be nobody else brings that level of 'wow' like a pregnant Maggie does. Plus....we have Judith...is there really room for yet another infant?

That's my take. Glenn and Maggie for sure w/ a likely 3rd person...probably Abraham. :Grin: