Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

the character Negan shouldnt follow the comic

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Predictions' started by EvilDeadJ, Apr 11, 2016.

1. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

People claim Negan and the Governor are different, but they are very much alike. We've seen this type of character before, his brutality and indifference to other people's deaths, but a penchant for women and insight/empathy into survival. Its getting boring. In the comic the Governor tortures people, and even turns survivors into walkers for his own amusement, but at the end of the day much of Negan's antics can be summed up to amount to the same type of emotional distress for others and pleasure for himself.

My main concern is that I hope the television show doesnt follow the comic's storyline allowing Negan to survive and actually having Rick eventually going to Negan for help.

On the television show they should kill Negan off, not to mention Henry Dean Morgan just doesnt seem to "fit" into this series. I love Morgan as an actor, love him in Horror films, but dont think he or his character fit into the walking dead as a television series.

During the comic run, the persistent presence of Negan in the comic is eventually what led to my failing interest in the comic. After a while the story arcs with Negan bored me and I lost motivation to buy and read them. I thought the character was uninspired and annoying, pretty much a cliche staple character present in any post apocalyptic universe.

I'm afraid if in the tv show they keep Negan alive and have Rick's group cooperating with him and even sparing his life, it may start turning fans off to the show as well. I know it might cause me to lose interest.

#1 EvilDeadJ, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  2. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Well since you've read the comic you should know the reason why Negan's life is spared. It's because Rick believes that killing Negan makes him no better than him, and instead would rather have Negan sit in jail while Rick and people rebuild civilization around him, forcing Negan to see what life can become without him standing in their way.

And I think it's going to play out the same way in the TV series too. Remember that jail cell Morgan was building? There's your answer. And I have a strong feeling that Morgan will die during AOW and part of honoring his loss would be Rick sparing Negan's life and jailing him instead.

Also I think it's too early to be judging JDM's Negan. Because the man barely got that much screentime in the finale. At least give him half a season before deciding he sucks. What sucks is the damn censorship of AMC. Not allowing Negan to be Negan. The profanity is a part of what makes him unique and AMC has a stick up their ass they refuse to pull out.

3. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

After thinking about it I can't disagree with anything you've said specifically, and you have changed my mind a bit.

To be honest I'm sure a part of "my problem" does stem from wanting to see Rick + Company get revenge for the lucille beating. The death on tv to lucille is harder to stomach than it was in the comic for sure.

Although, what you say in the end about Negan's character being hard to portay on TV is something else I realize was also in the back of my head. Negan in the comics could never
    be the Negan on the TV show which does suck. Negan's simple minded sense of humor was refreshing at times, as well as the profanity he spewed.. all of which would be hard to transpose onto the TV show.

I just honestly dont know if I could stomach Negan living and becoming part of Rick's crew and rebuilt alexandria

as far as JDM playing Negan, I agree I should wait a bit before passing judgement, although from the comic I pictured a shorter but broader and stronger dude. Tougher, someone like say a young Henry Rollins (impossible I know) Jason statham, Gerard Butler, something like an american version of Tom Hardy if there is such an actor out there..

JDM in possession, the resident, and those films didnt seem to add up to a survivor type in TWD.

#3 EvilDeadJ, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Look at what little we saw of Negan in the finale. Even the smallest hints of his messed-up sense of humor were awesome. Tv Negan will be very similar to his comic counterpart. The only differences will be less profanity, (obviously) fewer dick jokes/references, (probably) and maybe change-up some other minor stuff. Other than that, I expect (and hope) he is as true to the comic as possible. And JDM sounds like he feels the same about it. In an interview I've listened to him in he says he hopes to make Negan jump straight off of the pages.

this part I agree with you on. That would be lame.

I actually thought that too... But...

Watch The Watchmen. He plays a bad(good?) guy in that one and is very awesome. I have no doubts he will be epic as Negan.

5. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Negan: Give me your shit, or I will kill you

Governor: I'll kill you then take your shit