Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sneak peek S7 premiere

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Tony Davis, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Lars

Lars Member

I believe that he blood stain on Rick's face has been smeared. Looks to clean.

2. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Watched this several times last night and I'm really impressed that it really did bring you right back into the moment. Kinda had some doubts they could recapture that emotion, but they did. If this is what the season is going to be like, we're in for a great ride.
    No secret that I'm a JDM fan, but dang, as Negan he straight up scares the shit out of me.
    Less than 2 weeks to go and I'm super excited!

3. page

page Well-Known Member

I don't know if anyone mentioned it but I'm going to be a bitch about it. That scene would've been perfect if they left it at rick saying "I'm going to kill you"
    The not today, not tomorrow is so long winded and cheesy. And then you remember you're watching an actor acting. I don't blame it entirely on rick. It's the writing sometimes. Eye rolling cringe worthy. But overall, I'm impressed with this teaser.

Negan killed Daryl btw. Negan is homophobic so it makes sense.

4. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Pretty much what I thought, too. Less is more and the writers don't seem to realise that.

Other than that, JDM was great and it was pretty cool.

5. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

Wouldn't Negan have a little blood on him from all that beating? Just sayin... :)

6. Gustavo LaPizza

Actually the proper way to bang Someone s head with a Bat would be by putting a plastic bag over such head First

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I thought this too. He was quite clean and handsome after turning skull and brains into mashed potatoes. lol

8. banito81

banito81 Member

Just like in so many other previous scenes, the writers are just replicating the comics.
    Which is not bad for us (the comic readers). It makes you feel they are still respecting the original screenplay that we all fell in love with.
    I think they are doing a great combination of original lines with comic lines in the scripts.

9. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

I'm becoming more and more convinced that Negan runs off panel/screen for a fresh set of clothing between brutal acts of violence. Or sometimes even right after and before the follow-up dialogue. Because so often in the comics he'll have some blood splatters, then not long after in the same scene, he's magically in a clean white T-shirt again. :zombies_lol:

10. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

11. calliope

calliope Active Member

So who is Rick's "right hand man?" Clearly Negan feels he has taken that person away from Rick.

You could say it started out as Shane--although that was more a case of contested leadership that a lieutenant situation. It shifted to Daryl around the time of Randall and Dale's death. For my money it's been shifting away from Daryl for some time, starting with the conflict over Merle coming back to the prison, then there was the mess of the Grady situation.

I think it's been shifting to Michonne for awhile now. Aside from the hiccup over hiding the guns at Alexandria, she's the one he looks to now and runs everything by. I think Rick needed Daryl's skillset at one time, but in the world they find themselves in now, Michonne brings more to the table.

I don't think Rick and Abe really have a relationship at all.

12. ctx1769

ctx1769 Member

I had to pull my butt cheeks in when Negan was dragging Rick into the RV.

Negan has a Rick bitch now.

13. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Finally had the time to watch this and I was stunned. My first thought about Rick's convo with Negan was, "you brave, foolish man" and I almost had a heart attack when Rick got dragged off....but as to his right hand man, I think the point should be not who we think fits that description but who would Negan thinks fits the bill. Look, I've never read the comics so I don't have that much insight into Negan's personality but based on snippets I've read from the readers, would he consider a female as being a leader's right hand "man"? I don't think he knows much about the interpersonal relationships in Rick's group but Abe gives that vibe of cool confidence that could easily be interpreted as someone who could be Rick's second. So if Negan thinks he's Lucilled Rick's right hand, I'm veering back towards Abe.

What annoyed me was JDM sucking air through his teeth before he said, "Jesus". I hope that was a one time deal cause if Negan does that on a regular basis, the sooner anyone kills him the better.

14. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

I was about to make a similar comment, but yours did fine. I haven't read the comics, but I assumed Negan would have killed a guy because of the whole "right hand man" thing. It would be who HE considered a right hand man type. Abe certainly fits the look first, and by looking at him, Glenn doesn't exactly fit it. Although since the person took the beating like a champ, he'd probably consider that person to be a right hand man type.

Also, as far as Negan not being covered in blood, I also assumed that he put on some sort of Gallagher themed rain poncho at some point and it just wasn't shown on camera.

15. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

You know how to make my day! You're hilarious.

#95 TheSlayingTaco1, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  16. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I thought the same - Abraham might be newer to the group than Daryl and less close to Rick, but Negan doesn't know all the ins and outs of the group. I guessed it would be Abraham because of Abe's demeanor when staring Negan down, his size, and his intimidation factor. Negan doesn't want to take the leader down (Rick) but he wants to put him in his place...and taking down what he perceives to be the strongest of his men would be a way to do that.

17. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

So then if he kills a second victim, I wonder if its because he perceives them to be the weakest?

18. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

You wrote exactly what I was going to post (well, except for the whole Negan killed Daryl thing...the writers would be mad to do that given his character's popularity). "I'm going to kill you" is so much more ominous, more threatening, more real, than the line that the writers added. I agree 1000%; I couldn't even take Rick seriously after he gave a timeline. It should have been a simple "I'm going to kill you". Period. Long, penetrating glare. Nothing more is needed.

They did the same thing in the scene where Rick et al. are locked in the boxcar in Terminus...you know, when Rick says, "They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out". (Long pause.) Then when he's finally asked, "What?" Rick replies, "They're screwing with the wrong people". The entire first line with the failed attempt at a dramatic pause should never have been in the script; (imo) it took away from the entire scene.

Sometimes I wish some of us could be writers on that show. :Grin:

19. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

True, but Richonne is not a man. My money is on Abe, because he looks like he'd be a right hand man. Also on Glenn because comics. But I'd say based in the storytelling, Abe is most vulnerable at this point. He stood up to Negan and he was supposed to be dead already. He's living on borrowed time. I think the producers are also sensitive to maintaining representation from key ethnic groups for viewership. There's already lots of white guys, though not so many gingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. page

page Well-Known Member

Gingers smell like split pea soup.