Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[701] Complaints and Criticisms!

Discussion in 'Episode 701 - The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Ahh I know, the worrrsttt!
    I usually watch on Mondays because I buy the season via Xbox live account, but I must watch live tonight so I will have to suffer through commercials, which I'm not looking forward too

2. SStark

SStark Active Member

Not enough Hershel.

3. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Does AMC have to promote any new crappy shows that no one is ever going to watch?

4. Tauri

Tauri New Member

:( Months of waiting for this episode, and I just looked up season 7 premiere live stream and ran into a spoiler.

That's like....really really built up foreplay then the sex is over 6 months after you start, and 2 seconds before you reach climax!

*kicks a puppy*

It's one thing to go through that ridiculous cliff hanger but know that the wait will be worth it in the epic season premiere, but another to have it spoiled after almost all the waiting is over. This season I'm not watching the finale until the day of the next season premiere.

#44 Tauri, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  5. GregsGirl

GregsGirl Well-Known Member

Yep! Literally pacing around my house right now and then stopping to breathe fast and giggle nervously!

6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

This put a really funny visual in my head. lol <3

7. Gustavo LaPizza

I know people Will hate me for this but i think many actors underperformed today. Rick and negan did a great job but the other guys they didnt even look scared or shocked. They look almost........ bored.
    No one shivers no one pukes, noone looses it. My stomach would be so bad i would throw up my soul in such situation.
    Even in the end, they Just sit there and start with their usual therapy talking. Maggie and Rosita should have freaked out, Jump to hug the bodies of their loves as soon as the negans people left, or run away in denial or something. Michonne should have jumped hugging Rick or Carl for having survived that mpment. Someone should have gone like that guy from alien with his famous "its game over" thing. They Just stand up and talk.

I mean Rick and negan went away for half an hour to an hour and when they come back they find them Just like they left them. almost bored. They didnt feel like theyve Just been mentally raped and Lost two of their best friends to me

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

#47 Gustavo LaPizza, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  8. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I would like to complain about the numerical marker of this episode. 701. Let's just do something bat shit crazy for once and maybe next season, start with "Episode 896" Or even better 1161. Followed by 0032-1/2. Stop conforming to social norms of what other people say makes sense! Wake up sheep!

9. WalkerHill

WalkerHill Active Member

I thought some of the actions were weird, but I'm pretty sure that's writing and directing, and less of the actors not being capable of breaking down more.

10. WalkerHill

WalkerHill Active Member

The kills Rick imagined were bad. I laughed at Eugene's. It looked like he got tapped and blood shot out lol.

11. batongal

batongal Active Member

have to agree with you. i think there should have been more howling, moaning even whimpering while all this was going on. Everyone was pretty stoic considering what just happened. Carl seemed emotionless. Maggie should have been more hysterical. It's the one complaint I have in an episode I rank a 9 besides the fact that two characters shall be long missed.

12. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

This show is stupid and whomever got me to read the comics is stupider. [MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION] [MENTION=39001]HondaS2kXD[/MENTION]

13. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Sorry... :(

14. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

Having been at the F1 race and watching the replay just now, this was my series of reactions:

- tensely watching while sitting indian style in my oversized chair
    - having my hands on my face while breathing heavily when I thought maybe it wasn't my favorite pizza delivery boy
    - stomach dropping out of my body
    - heart racing
    - sobbing quietly on my couch so my bf doesn't think I'm weird
    - numbness... and this is where I am now.

FU Kirkman, and double FU Gimple.

And now I have to wait another hour before I can watch The Talking Dead replay, which I'm dreading.

15. Melo

Melo Active Member

That was crazy man... so ****ing crazy, most intense and emotional episode i've ever seen... My top1 favorite character Glenn and another favorite one Abe got Lucilled... well we kind of knew it but watching it it was so brutal and devastating. Great acting, great episode with such a psychological terror, mind games and so ****ing bloody. I cried in the last minutes with Maggie and when they show us all the characters eating together...

16. chabadoo

chabadoo New Member

No, I think the behavior is realistic. They all are in shock. They are not in control of their bodies, but I agree that after release everybody should have puked badly.

17. chabadoo

chabadoo New Member

I am still shocked. It was ok, to see Abraham getting lucilled, but the way Glenn had to take it with one eye popping out made me almost cry like a baby. I know an actor, who will be hated by many people - for years to come.

18. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I could have done without the time jumps. To me it took away the intensity of the story.

19. Tauri

Tauri New Member

Hate to say it, but I was really disappointed in this episode. I think they did themselves a huge disservice with the cliff hanger. That left people so charged wanting to see the premiere, they really had to make it "worth the wait" in the most gruesome way ever. Essentially it was in the design to make the viewers wait then let them down dramatically, in order to live up to the hype. Flawed strategy imo. Certainly doesn't leave you on the edge of your seat eager to watch the rest of the season....

I also didn't like what happened after they left. I thought I would start to get revved up for justice when Maggie started talking about how they needed to fight, but that fell into an awkward feel fest, that left Maggie standing in the woods alone?

And last but not least, Jeffery Dean fell flat as Negan for me. Mostly because he was saying the words, but didn't seem to have the impeccable timing, delivery, and emphasis that my imagined Negan has. I find his "character" too subdued in contrast to the absurdity of his words. I guess my "mind Negan" almost has the accentuation of a sportscaster comedian.

Anyway, I'm going to continue watching the show, but...Idk, I'll get to next week's when I get to it.

20. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I'm in complete agreement on every point. I got very tired of Negan walking in circles and saying the same sentiment with different phrasing over and over again. I felt like, "Let's just get ON with it! We know you're the bad guy and you can do bad things. Geez." And I never saw Negan make that connection with Rick. I saw Rick make the connection but not Negan.

I know others will love this episode. That's all well and good. But for me it was predictable and flat.