Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Tsdf 7-1 q & a

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Spoilers' started by Tony Davis, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Indisposed

Indisposed Member

Yeah, I also wish I didn't read this but it showed on my Facebook feed. Just wish they didn't have the most important questions first bc I would've skipped it

2. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

Potential S7E1 Script Leaked; video breakdown

I'm posting this video since it was posted yesterday or today by a YT I follow to listen to his Walking Dead reviews. He said that this isn't 100% confirmed legit (of course, not until the episode airs), but states it seems that it is from reliable sources (someone from TSD or someone like that). He goes through the basic layout and some dialogue from the esisode. I have to say, I will be a bit disappointed if this is true and it is leaked, since I do like the element of surprise, but at the same time I am really thinking if the episode goes down this way I need the few days for some mental preparation (I'm sure it won't help). IF this episode is this way, it is going to be way worse than I was even expecting, and I knew it was going to be bad. It will also cause a lot of harsh feelings and backlash, perhaps out of just emotional reactions more than rationale, at least IMO. So If you want to watch and listen here's the video link.

Let me know what you guys think, I'd love to hear your opinions. (I already know how some people may react if it goes like this, I'm anticipating those threads over the coming weeks lol.)

https://youtu.be/8uE5RLPDtkM

3. TWDCanDance

TWDCanDance Member

After seeing AMC's three minute trailer I'm afraid

People have been speculating that Glenn and possibly Abe get Lucille'd.
    But after seeing Rick's reaction and interaction with Negan during the trailer for the premiere I'm terrified it is Daryl.

Aside from Carl, Judith & Michonne - Rick is closest to Daryl. They are "brothers" as Rick said prior to Terminus when they found each other again. It definitely looked like it had to have been someone sitting to Rick's right because the blood spatter was on his right cheek. Though Rick loves Glenn too, they aren't as tight as he and Daryl. And I'd consider Daryl to be Rick's right hand man. Anyone else thinking this after seeing the Negan/Rick trailer?

4. TWDCanDance

TWDCanDance Member

Iit's certainly plausible - no matter what happens and who dies it will be horrific. Thanks for posting this!

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It is 100% not Daryl. You're safe. :)

6. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

7. TWDCanDance

TWDCanDance Member

I think it's Glenn & Abe...the trailer just got me worried with the "right hand man" part! Not that I want to lose Glenn or Abe, but Daryl has always been my favorite character on the show.

8. TWDCanDance

TWDCanDance Member

Lolol!! Booooo!

9. Glenn's Deuce

Glenn's Deuce Member

I could sign off on this.

Nah, Rick would react that way seeing Glenn get bashed in. Remember, aside from Carl, Rick has known Glenn longer than anyone, & it was also Glenn who saved Rick's "dumb ass" in Atlanta. Rick feels strong allegiance to Glenn.

#29 Glenn's Deuce, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  10. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

I think you answered your own question.

11. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Derle aint dying cause Derle has that AMC armor. I could see them killing off Rick before him.

12. TWDCanDance

TWDCanDance Member

13. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

Abraham should already be dead per the Comic and Glenn also gets it per the Comic. When faced with decisions on the TV Show, Gimple usually tries to stay close to the Comic.

14. Kilroy was here

More than "usually". My biggest issue with Gimple running the show is that he feels he is obligated to get the big comic book moments into the show. That wouldn't be bad, and actually should be good except that he also feels they have to be a midseason or end of season finale, that they have to be changed because a small minority of the audience has read the comic books, and have to be a cliff hanger. As a result he pretty much ruins their momentum and impact, and then has zero effing idea what to do with the episodes leading up to the finales, so they're filled with pointless bottle episodes and filler. Or dumpster dives. It doesn't help at all that he and the writers seem to be incapable of writing for the size of the cast they have now. But hey, they're going to have a PET TIGER this season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they won't replace him they should at least chain him to a desk in the writer's room for Game of Thrones and see how they handle iconic moments from written source material.

#34 Kilroy was here, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  15. DeadBoston

DeadBoston Member

Absolutely agree on the MSF/P's and writing for a cast this big.

J/c who would want to run? I like Gimple but definitely think there's an upgrade there. I've heard the usual names j/w if u had anyone particular in mind?

16. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Does anyone watch Ronny Haze's you tube blogs? He claims he got emailed a clip from the episode. He doesnt give any spoilers but gets extremely emotional from watching it. Is he legit , trolling, click baiting, or getting a little incentive from AMC to hype episode? I ilke to watch his channel occasionally so I hope he isnt pulling a fast one. Just wondering if anyone else has seen it and if so what they think. Note to moderators: he doesnt show clip nor tell any details .

#36 JEA13, Oct 22, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  17. BatmansHooker

For me, it's not so much that he uses so many comic moments, it's that he doesn't know how to actually do any of it effectively. There's so many huge moments that he's just ruined with horrible execution or by being too much of a try-hard. It's especially frustrating when it's a moment that's very straightforward in the comics, but Gimple feels the need to **** around with timelines that are all over the place, abstract dialogue that's meant to sound deep but is really just more of the same nonsensical "way things are now" drivel that doesn't have any resemblance to an actual conversation that would be had by actual human beings, or high school English student level symbolism.

And the filler. All the filler. So much filler.

18. BatmansHooker

I watched that video getting serious payola vibes, honestly. So fishy. I find it difficult to take Ronny all that seriously tbh.

19. Kilroy was here

In a perfect world, David Milch. The themes of TWD (order vs chaos) are the ones he likes to explore, and he's proven multiple times he can handle an ensemble cast and the strictures of regular network and can expand his repertoire for less restrictive pay cable. I wouldn't expect him to touch it with a ten meter cattle prod though, because of AMC's legendary cheapness and interference in the running of shows.
    The sad thing is, Gimple did a good job pulling them out of the mess Mazzarra made, but once he was past that his limitations as a show runner came to the fore. I think the show would be better off if he were less of a fan of the comic books.

#39 Kilroy was here, Oct 22, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  20. DeadBoston

DeadBoston Member

Nice choice!

I'm not the biggest Gimple fan but I think I gave/give him too much slack. For the last couple reason's you gave especially. He really did do a great job from saving the show that was a huge clusterfuk and only gunna get worse.

And he is "too close" to the show imo also. I love the sense that he actually cares and is a fan but it comes off the wrong way on screen sometimes. Just listening to him speak sometimes feels "puppetry".

Overall I think it's a great show but would have been a lot better on HBO, which has a much better track record and resources. One can only imagine how good it would be with half the budget of GoTs.