Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

from excitement to ......bleh

Discussion in 'Episode 701 - The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by Red Walker, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Red Walker

Red Walker New Member

Maybe it s just us, out of the group who watched the first episode we walked away with the general consensus that the show was well...bad. Negan is overplayed, killing off the characters seemed more like the writers/ director saying "look how brutal we can make it see! see! aren't you entertained!" rather than a good piece of story. We love the show until now, all of us. This episode was just .... poor. Leaving us wishing we hadn't watched it. so to the writers Negan seems like a brutal clown character rather than a good bad guy, I mean he might appeal to a 17 year old male who only sees the blood and guts but well for some at least he is an eye-roll and a fervent hope he gets better _i.e. deeper more believable or just any aspect) as we are stuck with him for a while.

all in all pretty lame..

2. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Really...
    You don't get psychopath?
    They didn't do a good job portraying this, or is this something you have such a full understanding of that Negan's psychology simply feels bland to you?

3. Red Walker

Red Walker New Member

Yea I get psychopath,
    we saw more Hollywood theatrics than a good psychopath portrayal. Seems like they rely on the optics of the skull bashing more than personality of the bad guy.

Or maybe we just all came to the same conclusion the episode was lame spontaneously. ;->

4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say lame. At one point I heard myself thinking Contemptible. But mostly I am resigned.

5. I am Legend

I am Legend Member

All I know is that tonight, after watching the premiere, I had a bad dream of a situation similar to that with Negan, where I was in the same situation Rick was in the show. Can't even recall the last time a TV show or Movie or book made the same effect on me.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 Pro utilizzando (w la) Topatalk

6. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

People would have killed Negan by now. Nero, Caligula, some of the mightiest men of Europe often got killed by their own inner circle or ended up having great rebellions or plenty of enemies.

It is unnatural to have Negan do this, You really think ALL of his men are psychos? That Negan some how managed to converge all the maniacs of North America in one small biker bar and strip club in Washington DCs suburbian areas and unify them all? Crazy ****ed up leaders are not long term. Especially not in a place where there is so many guns and so much ammunition like in the US. How can he not be depleted in numbers by now? Since he seemingly threatened his way through the region. Sure, I get Warlords and such but they are also replaced. To be so unified, organized and well armed that Negan is? Is outright silly.

And then Rick and friends have already killed dozen upon dozens and taken away guns from them.

Mind you I found it pretty damn nerve wrecking at times but at the same time it annoyed me.

I think we will see a even bigger decline in character depth and so on form now on, the more people in the cast, the worse it gets. Add on the Kingdom to this and the All out War arc and we get a focus that drops from zombies and surviving to war between warlords and city states.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lilliam

Lilliam Active Member

Well it's fashionable, in online forums, to be disdainful of the thing that everyone is enjoying.
    So that's your role.
    OK.

I just bought season seven on iTunes. Just watched this episode three times and I found it as gut wrenching as the first time. Negan is the quintessence of psychopathology, brutally devoid of any of the things that we as a society accept as basic humanity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Exactly. I'm into TWD for the characters... as in the depth of their character and the changes it goes thru. I don't see that being the focus any time soon.

9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

This is really what I fear aswell. That we go from that tight knit group that we got to know so well, along with some villians that we also got some depth to like the Governor with Andrea there. But there will be so many communities now, Negans factory/foundary, Ricks Alexandria Safe Zone, The Hilltop of Jesus and the Kingdom of Ezekiel and between them probably atleast a thousand humans. Which just changes the whole foundation of the show :/

10. EvieE

EvieE Member

I think as we go further into the season we'll see what makes these people follow Negan, perhaps he kept them safe and they feel some type of loyalty toward him or they don't want to be the victims so by joining his band of psychos they feel powerful, it's the psychology of mob mentality. As we go further into the season, I'm sure there are people who aren't as loyal to Negan as they seem. Maybe they're biding their time until the time is right but we'll see.

11. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

I really love the people who are so sick and tired of this show, and so "over it", that they have to go to a walking dead forum board to tell everybody in their only 2 posts how bad the show is and how they are done watching it forever...

Ok, so why did you come tell us? We don't care. We don't know you. Just go start watching Mr. Robot and join their forum board.

12. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

You are absolutely right. They could have had a nice character moment at the end of the episode, after Rick's group is left to themselves, if we were showed that it was all AN ACT. Negan is "normal" and he uses this wild personality to instill fear and confusion to control those outside his group.

It'd be nice to show if Negan disturbed by everything he did. Nothing over the top like a crying breakdown, but to be lost in thought and somber in mood would be a nice quiet touch.

13. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I'm curious: Your profile box (or whatever it's called) says you read the comics, yet you didn't like Negan acting Negan-like. Were you expecting him to be toned down more for the show?

14. BlackLightning

Did you miss the moment where Negan looked at Sasha, Maggie and Eugene, paused and expressed his sympathies?

15. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

To see the mind of Negan, just for a moment would be nice indeed!

How he thinks, what makes him think so and to see him act psycho to scare the enemies of the Foundry or what they call his settlement in the TV show. I think I be more keen on liking the character if he much like Rick, The Governor or any other leader out there, knows of the dangers and do anythign to protect his own. In his case using fear and horrible situations as his weapon against other communities he think might be a danger.