Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl this season

Discussion in 'Episode 701 - The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by bluesfan, Oct 24, 2016.

1. bluesfan

bluesfan Active Member

I still don't like the suckerpunch, it made no sense. Now Daryl will have to live with his action that caused Glenn's death. It should make for a good storyline for Daryl and his character development. I'm sure he will meet up with Carol and that conversation will be great.

2. EvieE

EvieE Member

I know a lot of people are mad about what he did, but I'm not 100 percent sure Negan wouldn't have killed Glenn anyway to prove a point. Negan wanted Rick to be absolutely broken and had Daryl not done that, I'm quite sure Rick would have popped off at the mouth. He already did after Negan killed Glenn, so after one kill he definitely would have said something. I think Daryl will definitely feel guilt for his actions but I feel he may take that frustration out on Dwight.

3. Eat_Cow

Eat_Cow Member

I don't like the punch either but I somewhat understand. It's hard to have a son of a bitch like Negan going ON and ON and ON about the person he just killed, taunting and making a mockery of the life just lost. That's seriously not okay with Daryl, I'm sure the trauma and anger was just building and building inside of him.

4. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Had it not been Abraham that was killed first he would have done that. It brings story for Daryl. This is going to be hard for Daryl to live with.

5. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

How will Maggie treat Darryl when (if) they meet again?

6. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Yes, I can understand how Daryl lost control and just went at Negan. But I would have liked to see him do a little more than just some punch. It would have made a little more since if Daryl could have picked up something, a rock, sharp stick, grabbed some guy's knife or something and then charged.
    I'm guessing the whole reason for this is to get Daryl blaming himself for Glenn's death. He blamed himself for Beth's. So this guilt trip will be epic.

All this makes me try to guess at the future. If Daryl makes it, would Carol rescue him not just from Negan, but from his own guilt? If Maggie does not make it, would Daryl step up to take care of the baby. And would Carol help him?

7. WebbieD

WebbieD Member

Well even Glen jumped out of line when N went after Maggie. Both Daryl and Glenn are emotional characters but in a different way. I actually would of been surprised if he wouldn't of punched him, since N was taunting Rosita so bad. Personally I would of like to of seen him shove that bat down N throat.

8. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I can't see Daryl raising a baby with Carol, it just doesn't fit. Would he protect them? Absolutely.

9. Znuts

Znuts Member

I think Negan was going to kill Glenn either way, due to Glenn jumping out of line when Negan threatened Maggie. I think Negan was going to go on for a while talking about Abraham's death and how they're working for him now until the group thinks they are in the clear and then kill Glenn to send a savage message. Daryl punching Negan just gave Negan more fuel to kill Glenn and punish Daryl with guilt.

10. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

If I have to watch another season of Daryl mope around I'm going to lose it. Let him get mad, get even, get anything but tearful and mopey.

11. TWD_fanatic

TWD_fanatic Member

Negan repeatedly taunted Rosita to look at Abe's dead body and Daryl just exploded which I totally understand...that being said, when the saviors took Daryl, Maggie started crying out again so I'm assuming she's not mad at him.