Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The whole hug thing.

Discussion in 'Episode 708 - Hearts Still Beating' started by AdamPH1974, Dec 19, 2016.

1. AdamPH1974

AdamPH1974 Member

I'm just coming back, but wtf?
    Jesus just get's blanked by the folks he's been trying his best to help the whole time, then, no love.
    He's looking there like the fifth Beatle or something. It was frickin awkward and even the character (not the actor) knew it.

2. hiddeninside

hiddeninside Member

Hm... I didn't see it like that. Of course, they would be happy to see each other again after such a long time. I really liked those hugs. And Jesus... he observed the scene - as I did. As we all did. He didn't look unhappy to me. I think, he liked what he saw. He's not a part of their group (yet). But maybe, he wants to get there. :)

3. AdamPH1974

AdamPH1974 Member

You know now that you say it like that, maybe he was supposed to be us, looking in after all that crap.

4. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

What are you talking about exactly?

The last time Jesus tried to help our group several of them were murdered and the rest became slaves.
    As far as we know only Maggie,Sasha & Enid have any reason to know Jesus is on their side now?

I was surprised Rick didn't knock him out,tie him up and make him eat Applesauce when he woke up!

And now he wants to introduce them to someone else new too!

No hugs for Jesus seems about right to me.

5. AdamPH1974

AdamPH1974 Member

Ouch! But how long you think before they would have run into the Saviors by themselves?

6. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

The scene was done well and appropriate I think. The group was very happy to be reunited. But while I'm sure they appreciate the things that Jesus has done to help so far, they have not fully accepted him as a part of "family" yet. And he's not considering himself a part of them yet.

7. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

OP makes make no sense. Fifth Beatle? Jesus trying to help? Awkward? You know Rick and them still don't trust him. Remember those firecrackers in 6X10? He still has to earn/gain trust from our group. Since they got bad advise on the saviors and look at what happened. Our group assumed Jesus and idiot Gregory knew what they were talking about. There was nothing wrong with the scene either. It was beautifully done IMO.

8. Sully

Sully Active Member

I do not think the scene has anything to do with their trust for Jesus.

Jesus is simply an acquaintance to the family at this point. A family friend...if you bring your family friend to the airport while you reunite with your loved one coming home, obviously the friend won't be involved in the hugs. And they wouldn't feel awkward either. I'm sure it was a touching moment for Jesus, and he probably appreciated the moment for it's beauty. He probably appreciates how strong of a bond these people have with each otherJesus is simply an acquaintance to the family at this point. A family friend...if you bring your family friend to the airport while you reunite with your loved one coming home, obviously the friend won't be involved in the hugs. And they wouldn't feel awkward either. I'm sure it was a touching moment for Jesus, and he probably appreciated the moment for it's beauty. He probably admires how strong of a bond these people have with each other, and would love to some day be apart of that bond.

9. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I see Jesus as a very astute observer. He knows the Hilltop needs new leadership (and has already tabbed Maggie as the person to lead), and needs members who are able to fight. He knows that things are about to shift, hugely.
    [MENTION=113492]AdamPH1974[/MENTION], I think your second comment was on-target: in many ways, he was us, watching this all unfold and taking in the power of this reunion. Insofar as embraces are concerned, I think that at this point, Maggie, Sasha, and Enid would certainly welcome him in b/c he's taken care of them the last few days. Rick knows him primarily as the person who tricked them out of their truck and then managed to hitch a ride on top of the van and finally walked in on him and Michonne post-coitus. So, you know...awkward. But I understand your original question.

10. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

Maybe just a quick ATM would have been best?

*looking at GCB*