Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Santa Clarita Diet

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Dnae, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Netflix has another series on the horizon. This one stars an undead Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant as her loving husband.

2. WickedJenn

WickedJenn Active Member

Glad you posted about this @Dnae...I saw a commercial for it the other day and at first was like "WTF is this".

It looks to be maybe like a comedy/horror??

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yes, it is a comedy horror series coming to Netflix on Feb 3 I believe.

I love Timothy Olyphant so I will be watching if for no other reason than to watch him

4. WickedJenn

WickedJenn Active Member

I was thinking the same thing, LOVE Timothy Olyphant! Might have to check this out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

so I came here to see what the new miracle diet was...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

lol that's what I thought the thread was at first.

I want to check this show out!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Another high protein diet it seems!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I love Timothy Olyphant!

9. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

This has been recommended for me on Netflix! I love Timothy Olyphant....but ugh. Drew Barrymore. One of the actresses I can't stand to watch for even a minute. I'll check it out, but I doubt I get far lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I'm not sure where I stand with this one. I am a big fan of Nexflix shows. House of Cards, 3%, etc. But Drew Barrymore? And sorry ladies, but I only like Timothy Olyphant. I can't make thd leap to love just yet. And by yet, I mean never. Lol. He is a good actor though. They've both done horror and comedy before, so maybe comedy/horror will work.

I just can't stand the fact that DB always sounds like she just ate an entire basket of overly salted french fries from McDonald's every time she speaks!

11. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I just watched the first ep. It was actually really good. There's a bit of cheese factor to it which I think is intentionally done to offset the darker more gruesome content. The supporting cast/ characters are pure gold.

One next door neighbor is a Sheriff's Deputy and a total ass hat. The other next door neighbor is a city cop, and the two hate each other. It's great.

All of these newer Netflix shows are crushing it.

12. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

So I just binged the crap out of these 10 episodes. I really like this show. Drew Barrymore is truly annoying most of the time but that's just her. Her weird sounding voice and goofy vibe actually compliment the theme of the show however. So it works. Olyphant is great! But the teenagers and the minor cast members take it to another level of funny.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

Ok i'll check it out. I truly don't like Drew Barrymore though - it's just her voice. Her accent is just so terribly contrived.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Heriot of Fire

Watched two episodes of this and despite all the love for this Olyphant fella, I find him seriously annoying and unfunny in this. There might be a few other factors why I cant get into this show though.

Also, there's absolutely nowt wrong with Drew Barrymore, but I don't really know her original voice.

If you're looking for horror/comedy, I highly recommend Crazyhead. Premise is very much a British Buffy, but much funnier. Watching for the second time now.

15. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I watched the first episode, and even though it kept my attention i didn't feel compelled to keep watching :oops: To give episode 2 a chance, or not to give episode 2 a chance....

16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Crazyhead is hilarious!

17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I watched the first 2 episodes and yet to return for a third and beyond.

This may sound ridiculous but I found it to be gruesome. I quite literally had to turn my head when she was having her "finger food" with Nathan Fillion. I know, I know...it is not nearly has graphic as TWD but I have since come to understand why I find this series more stomach churning than TWD. The walkers in TWD are not conscious of what they are doing whereas in this series zombie type character is fully aware of what she is doing and is making the conscious decision to "feast".

Not to mention that overall I just did not find it to be all that engrossing

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That's so weird you said that because it made me turn away too lol. I was equally as confused about it. I'm like "i watch zombies tear people apart almost on a weekly basis and yet i found THIS disgusting?" You might be right - it's different when it's just a normal looking human eating someone's fingers off lol.

I wouldn't even say that's why I haven't been back to watch it - I guess I just haven't thought about it or wondered what's going to happen next :-/

19. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I watched the first episode, some of it in fast forward.

Worst TV show ever made.

20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Netflixx was bound to hit a snag in their original programming. I would say this show AND the one off Sense8 special qualify as snags.

I had even forgotten about this series until I saw your notification about agreeing with me me @H5N1

• Like Like x 1