Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Fair-weather Fans

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by PepperAnn, Jan 25, 2017.

1. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Cable got cut after season 3 mid finale. Kept up with the show through episode reviews online. Quit the show after 3x16. Came back in February 2016 after I found about 610 - I had to see how that developed.

If Glenn did not get his comic death I don't think I could've stayed. But, since that's over with I'm all in.

#21 RicksdaMan, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  2. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Alright. Confession time. I might as well come clean.

I stopped watching this show after the Season 1 finale.... DS-37.... or whatever the title was. I forget. I've been living a lie. Who the hell is Maggie? Hershel??? The former pro football player? Tyreese? The guy from the Transformers movies? Why did he use his RL name on the show?

Michonne? I have no idea who that is.

I thought it was the noise Micheal Jackson made while he's dancing and singing in his music videos? "I'm gonna make you feel good.... Michonne.... oooooooooh. Michonne! Michonne-ah-ah! Michoooooone! Come on! Oooooooh"

Also, I never understood what "If Daryl dies, we riot" meant. Was this a thing that some troll started? I ask because he was nothing but trouble. I wouldn't be surprised if he was killed off the following season. He is NOT someone that fans would be rooting for.

More also, Brenda sounded like a horrible person. Or maybe she was amazing. Who knows? I just noticed that people were divided on her. Some thought she was a bad actress/singer and others liked her.... A LOT. I just picked a side- The anti Brenda side. I didn't even know that she was Maggie's niece until a few weeks ago.

Last also, I liked that Glenn kid. That dude is a survivor! Nothing will stop him. I bet he'll be the last man standing.

I know, I know.... You're all shocked. I'm a traitor. All trust is gone. I get it. I just really wanted to fit in here so I did what I had to do. I just couldn't keep this a secret anymore. I hope I can be forgiven.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

TWD is still my favorite show on TV right now. Is it perfect? No. But what show was ever flawless from pilot to finale when it goes from 5 to 10 seasons? Count me in for the long haul. I'm hoping for 3 more seasons.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Right. How quick we can forget (thank goodness). Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I never watched a single second of the show until after season 6 ended. All the guys at work raved about it from day one, but I just don't like "zombie flicks" so I never watched. I knew Daryl was popular, Glenn hid under a dumpster, and that was about it. When they started talking about how Negan was this super bad guy and he was played by JDM, I decided to give it a try. I like JDM and the idea of a bad guy in a zombie show sounded interesting. Again, I never liked zombie stuff, so I never even gave the show a sniff.

Some time after season 6 ended and everybody was talking about a cliff hanger. I decided to watch that scene, I had no idea what was going on and who these people were. Just knew that JDM kills someone. Then I started at the beginning on netflix, and binge watched 1-6. Sometime around s1e4 my Wife joined in and we knocked out a few episodes a night. We became so hooked on the storylines and the characters, I quickly realized this isn't a zombie show. It's a show about a post apocalyptic world and how people live in it.

We are so hooked we are going to stop by Senoia on our way to North Georgia for our annual cabin week. We go to North Georgia every year and rent a cabin for a week. This time we are adding a day to the drive up from Florida to stop at Senoia and visit some filming locations. Stop at the store and visit the museum and eat an Nic and Normans.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I'm a big fan of TWD and until now, I was never dissapointed by it. Of course there are things, I would have liked to handled better or some characters, I would have loved to stay longer in the show (or see gone sooner), but it is one of my favorite still running shows, together with Doctor Who and Supernatural. So yeah - keep it coming, can't wait for the new episodes.

7. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

I came in very late to the show. But, I'm glad I came at all. And I'm here to stay to the end. I love these characters--all of them--to completely give up on them. I want to see how their story turns out. They've been through so much and continue carrying on. So I'm with them for the long haul.

8. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Alright I am back now too.
    I really didn't go anywhere but I am back anyway?

WTF is with this new forum anyway,Change Bad!

I go through times where I just don't want to keep watching anymore but then I sort of get over it and return with a vengeance!
    This hiatus has been boring mostly and I just can't stand the idiotic break in the seasons now that we just have to accept,it throws me off my rhythm or something?

So in the off time I binge watched GOT and really got into it too so my real complaint now about TWD is this:
    Why does Maggie never come out of any burning buildings unhurt but with her clothes burned off?
    Please explain the because.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Because nudity is more horrifying than violence.

10. MHoskins2179

MHoskins2179 New Member

been watching from Ep 1, with 99% of them the night of... except when traveling and FORCED to wait to later watch the DVR'd episode. Certainly understand those who don't care for the show and don't think it's worth watching. But it just seems odd to have those who flip back and forth over the violence... seriously?!?! This type of thing has been going on since the start, basically. Think back to Ep 1 when he shot the bicycle half-woman in the face, or the scene in the farmhouse where they showed the suicide couple. It's been there all along, even if it's been taken to a slightly more "violence-commencing" note with neck-biting Rick, Terminus church slayings, and everything-Neegan. To only now start cringing over it seems strange to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

100% agreed.

12. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I think we each have our own threshold for the gore probably and mine was reached when Glenn and Abe got Lucilled,not really that complicated.

I am glad that everyone who is confused about this can reason it out and be unsure having yet to be disturbed by the Gore or Violence or whatever it might be but it does little to minimize the effect when it happens to you.

I still can't understand for the life of me why it matters so much to those who have not had it happen?

13. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I have been watching TV for over 30 years as an adult and I consider TWD to be quite possibly my favourite show of all time.

Some parts I haven't like how they've done e.g...
    - Finale explosion etc. of season 1
    - Carl's bizarre shooting and "miraculous" recovery in 2
    - Andrea falling for the Governor in 3
    - The too easy, too quick (and no casualties) escape from Terminus in 5
    - Glenn's dumpster escape and the cliff hanger in 6 (Just think how brilliant it could have been if they had just shown Abe being lucilled - Glenn dying in the 7 Premier would have been an awesome shock!)
    - In 7 I think they should have made Negan more "loved" by his own people - can't believe one of his own hasn't finished him off before they even met Rick - the way they've portrayed him. Also think Rosita's shot "missing" was unbelievable. However...

I could easily list 100 parts I have liked (no loved!) about this show!!!

14. Heriot of Fire

Don't get the moaning about people quitting the show. Also likening it to loyal fandom seems a bit odd, but each to their own.
    As far as I'm concerned, I'm gradually getting less interested each season. Didn't even notice it's starting again until last week. There's still a bit of excitement, but it's certainly worn off since Season 5.

And there is at least one flawless show out there, although granted it's only been one season yet.

15. Steppin' Razor

I don't get it honestly, I've never just quit on a show that I've liked for a long time like that. How could you not want to continue, especially at this point?