Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Is Eugene a traitor?

Discussion in 'Episode 711 - Hostiles and Calamities' started by jackson04, Feb 27, 2017.

1. jujulita

jujulita Member

Eugene is just smarting Negan out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Grimoire

Grimoire Member

I've had an interview with Josh yesterday and we talked about that part of Eugene being a traitor. To be more accurate I've asked Austin Amelio about Negan's meaning in Dwight's life. Austin said that Dwight would love to kill Negan (no surprise) and then suddenly Josh said: "Eugene loves Negan!" We laughed, Josh didn't laugh and said that he meant it seriously.

Eugene always wanted just one thing: safety. Rick failed, so Negan is Eugene's best friend now. I haven't transcribed the whole interview yet but just thought I'm going to share that point. So according to Josh, there's no secret plan. Eugene just stays with that person that can keep him safe. Right now that person is Negan.

Yeah, could be a red herring but he explained it pretty good and in detail.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. NoMora

NoMora Active Member

If this were true it would be totally out of character for Eugene.
    He had developed a fighting spirit in season 6 already, took on a walker and didn't want Abe's help, stood up for himself, volunteered to drive the truck when the Saviors had blocked all roads and admitted to Negan (in order to save others) that he made the bullett, despite expecting to be killed on the spot for that.
    He also was close to Abraham and surely wouldn't dishonour him by collaborating with his killer, especially not after the emotional good-bye hug and Abe's speech.

Plus, nobody is safe with Negan, absolutely nobody. On the contrary, Eugene knows very well that Negan is the number one-danger in this world, far worse than the walkers.
    He has no reason whatsoever to ever feel safe with Negan - the one who brutally smashed the heads of his friends and let the only physician of the Saviors burn alive.

So if it's true and the show now turns Eugene into a traitor, against all logic, it would be a really bad move.
    Honestly, I don't believe it. It wouldn't be just a surprise and an interesting turn but just pure bull**t.