Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Edgar Allen Poe's Raven

Discussion in 'Episode 305 - Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame' started by Dnae, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

That scene with the raven, the scalping and the strange story the man in the chair was repeating over and over. Well I have to say that is about the creepiest thing I have seen yet in the TWD universe. Yeah, the cannibals of Terminus were pretty messed up. And the gov and the fish tanks was just this side of psycho.

BUT a scalping, and just enough of a scalping that he was still alive - C.R.E.E.P.Y.

And then Troy in his crazed mind wanted to argue with the man who at the very least said "scalp him"????

What do you guys think? Creepiest thing thus far? How many of lovely locks people have the Otto's killed and for what purpose? Was the killing in self defense or was the killing an offensive move? What else have the Otto clan and their followers done to L.L's people to deserve something as horrific as a scalping?

Seems that their is a great deal of history between LL and the Otto clan. Did the Otto family at one point in time take LL's land from his long ago ancestors? Has this been a Hatfield and MccCoys feud for years and years with the ZA lending both sides the freedom from law to just go bat shit crazy on one another? I hope this story plays out to its full potential this season. Please do not let it tie itself up in a pretty bow in just a few episodes. I like the idea of this type of conflict with (as of now) no real clue as to who the so called bad guy might be. Is it Otto? Is it Lovely Locks? Or is it some combination of the two? OHHHHHHHH and what IF Ofelia is with Lovely Locks and gang? That means that Madison will then hold her to some degree responsible for the death of Travis.

#1 Dnae, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I think Ofelia will be revealed soon, either with a turn coat from Ottos gang who might join the bastard Indians or with a random old white man.

I have no sympathy for the Indians, they started the war.

I like how they are mega stereotypical Indians who are mega good at being stealthy. The way they snuck up on survivalist nutjobs was bit to much. I hope they get their ass whooped.

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Walker "Lovely Locks" mentioned that the Otto ranchers killed some of his people hence the retaliation. I am not ready to label either group as the instigator in this feud just yet. I think there is far too much story that we are unaware of in order to make that type of judgement.

If push came to shove and I were forced to choose which side I think is the worst of the two - I would go with the Otto clan and company at this point. There is just something sinister with them it seems.

Who knows though, maybe when the blanks of the the two sides stories are filled in I will be singing a different tune. For now, I am going to with the Otto's being a bit more unhinged than the Lovely Locks crew.

4. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

No one is innocent. Especially not in these two groups. Seems they had a decent relationship before since they know each others. But these sick ****s torture people and scalp them? They are as bad as Troy. Otto seems to be decent and there is plenty of children. The Indians have 0 remorse for that, no respect. Even Rick saved Woodburys population in. The Indians just want to butcher them all or send them out. Who knows why they got killed? The Indian might say that the old man fought when they attacked and killed two. They did shot down a helicopter so...might been a fight over that. Right now, the Indians are the foe of the main cast too. They killed Travis. That alone, renders them unredeemable! ;)

I hope there is no mumbo jumbo indian stuff where he is still alive after bullets and that drop.

5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Ehhh still not ready to commit to one side being more evil than the other. We have yet to find out what (if anything) the Otto clan and cronies have subjected the other group to. I am sticking to my theory that the Otto's are not as magnanimous as we are being led to believe. Troy may be the obvious unhinged person of that group at this point but at least he is a known evil. It is the unknown evil that may well be lurking within the others in that camp that has me on guard.

The other group? Not sure about them either. As I stated, we have yet to learn their story, their connection with the Otto's, why there is discord between the groups, were their actions defensive or offensive? In my opinion, too many questions remain unanswered to make an unequivocal stand for one side or the other

6. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Well, scalping people, ambush parties, forcing them to walk without a vehicle...and shooting down helicopters, killing the innocent? They have it coming. What Madison said to mister indian man is a death sentence much like Ricks line to Negan, being a prophecy of his end and the line about how Terminus will regret "F'ing with the wrong people" was aswell. By killing Travis, they sealed the deal. They will die and suffer. That is what I think and hope. It is time to not wimp out for AMC and make the Indians the oh so innocent good guys who magically been keeping Travis alive. Everyone is evil in some way in this world. I do hope they do not happen to be some 90's Pochahontas good guy tier Indians.

I still have this odd feeling that Troys brother is more evil than Troy, a manipulative man who soon show his true dark side.

I think it was enough proof when Troy said the INdians name , Walker I think, that they had decent interaction before that not been of slaughtering and butchering.

7. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

I believe you are correct on all points considered. Dem injuns got more than the trail of tears comin'!

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Never stated that either group was the good guy. Never stated that Travis is being kept magically alive by anyone. What I did state is that while Walker and his group have done horrible things, we have yet to find out all there is to know of Jeremiahs group and what they may have a hand in, what they may (or may not) have been party to in regard to violence and torture of other people and/or groups.

Troy is part of the Otto group and Troy and his weekend warrior buds did massacre a great many (if not all but Nick and Luciana) of the colonia group. And it was Troy and his cronies who were taking a great deal of pleasure in lining up people at the military base, killing them in cold blood while others watched on and awaited their same fates all in the name of "science". And also throwing Travis into a pit of walkers to see if he could fight his way out. Not exactly a group of nice fair minded play by the rules kind of people either it would seem. Did Jeremiah know? If he did not know what Troy was doing he certainly seems okay to just brush it off and chalk it up to Troy's troubled childhood.

9. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I want to know how they got the weapons to take down a helicopter flying 6,000 feet in the air

10. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Well shit. I just looked up something on google and got a spoiler as to the whereabouts of Ofelia. DAMN YOU GOOGLE!!!

Anyway, I watched this episode last night, and I was anticipating some creepy scene, from what I read you hint at in the shoutbox the other day. AND LET ME TELL YOU.....you were SO RIGHT.

It was REALLY creepy the way he kept messing up the lines of the famous "As I walked up the stairs, I saw a man who wasn't there" poem.

It's like the more the raven pecked at his brain the more brain function was short circuiting.

And thank you for clearing up my big question. I was confused as to what actually happened to him. Did his skull get partially blown off in a shoot out? I didn't know! It never hit me that he was partially scalped. DERP.

Yeah that scene gave me chills. Good job Fear!

Also, on Talking Dead the actor who plays Jake says we will get more back story regarding Walker and his feud with the Ottos.

11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

CURSE YOU GOOGLE.........CURSE YOU!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Non the less it will be interesting to see where this ends!

• Agree Agree x 1