Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, Nate

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by southernlady, Aug 24, 2017.

1. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed!!

2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

She was asked what the timeline might be and she answered she thinks they will be able to take showers by tonight. That made me grin. All of the bleakness they are enduring, and they get to TAKE A SHOWER! lol Not just basic survival but real comfort.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. southernlady

YES!!! Get the hair washed as well! The little things in life :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Lindigo

[​IMG]NWS Bay Area

✔@NWSBayArea

ALL-TIME RECORD high temperature broken in San Francisco. 104 degrees as of 2:43 pm PDT. #CAwx #CAheat #heatwave

As of 2 p.m. Friday, the temperature in downtown San Francisco was 104 degrees, an all-time record high for the city, according to a National Weather Service Twitter post. The area was also suffering from “patchy smoke.”

And that is San Francisco! You can't get any closer to the massive, cold Pacific Ocean.

113 predicted for me tomorrow. Don't know what it was today but it was hot--at least 109--and it is presently 94 in my house.

I'm off to the store for more water and ice. A/C in the car!! Yay!

Hey, @Neuropyramidal, Tomorrow, if i leave my garage door open, is it still stupid to sit in my car with the A/C going?

5. Lindigo

Beware, people. My weather travels east.

6. frawniemae

frawniemae Well-Known Member

I know I haven't been here in quite awhile but some may recognize me. I live(d) in one of the more devastated parts of Texas: Beaumont/Orange/Pt Arthur with my hometown of Vidor being smack dab in the miidle of all those places. I and my guy were on our way back to that area from a Colorado vacay when Harvey became a real threat. I had him leave me and my fifth wheel (my home for the past almost 2 years) in west Texas, take my truck and go back to that area to take care of the home, our daughter and our two granddaughters (age 5 and 1). All that said to say this: Rockport is pretty much gone, Corpus Christie is hurting, Houston is in a really bad way but my hometown is still drowning. My family is scattered among the cities of Vidor, Lumberton and Beaumont: I daresay 95% of all homes and business in that area have been flooded out. Most have had severe flooding, some just a few inches, some totally unscathed by the floodwaters. Hundreds of friends are having to look at what might be left of their homes. Most will be unsalvagable. It is absolutely a nightmare that will not end for a long, long time. I, in my 58 years, had never ever imagined the devastation that has/is happening in South East Texas. Any and all prayers/good thoughts/aid is very much appreciated for that whole side of Texas.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

sorry to hear you are in the middle of it. Everyone ok though? Assuming they met back up with you at the 5th wheel. Was the home a total loss? My thoughts are with you

8. frawniemae

frawniemae Well-Known Member

I am actually about 400 miles away from all the devastation. None of my family came this far to get away. Really couldn't since the main interstate out of that area was/still is flooded in areas.This is how my family and friends have been affected: those with no water damage - sister and son's homes (Lumberton), nephew (Katy), very few friends in Vidor, home I grew up in (Vidor), home I raised my kids in (Vidor). The list of those who flooded and lost most, if not all, of their belongings is much longer. It includes my brother, his 3 daughters, at least half of my graudating class of over 300 that still lived in Vidor, my BFF of over 40 years, and just about everyone one I know (population of Vidor is @14000) The dam openings have caused the waters to rise and get in some homes that initially were spared. But at last account, the Neches crested yesterday so waters should start to slowly recede. The Sabine is still expected to crest sometime this weekend so there are many who are tstill hreatened. Air and boat rescues are still taking place all around se Texas. Houston is drying out but thousands upon thousands are now homeless. All of SE Texas will see the same in the coming weeks. I am so thankful not to be there but yet feel so guilty that I am not. High and dry in beautiful Junction Texas. Heartsick and feeling helpless at the same time.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Hey sweetie.....hoping that your daughter and two grands are safe. I have been heart sick about our shared hometown. My sister still lives there. My nephew and niece live in Bridge City and Orange and my dad lives in Lumberton. All but my dad evacuated to Lake Charles so I have no clue what damage their homes have sustained.

Please keep us updated on the safety and well being of your family.....think of you often :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

11. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

We really need to keep the politics in the debate section please.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sharpie61

I heard on our news that they are able to bring in pumps to help in Beaumont.
    I hope this is true.

13. Lindigo

The Army engineers brought in pumps and had every hope of having water back on by last night. Setting them up went well, but then there was a problem of some sort with the gauges and they haven't figured out yet why that is happening. So still no water last night.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sharpie61

That sucks.

Wait. I guess they don't.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Lindigo

Hey, they are getting some water!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lindigo

17. southernlady

@Sharpie61 I just looked at the models for Irma and my stomach sank

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#137 southernlady, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  18. Sharpie61

I know. We are starting to prepare. Getting extra gas. Can goods. More water. And will probably put up some of the boards. This way, we won't have to rush later.

19. southernlady

Good thinking! I've started my preps as well, just in case!!!

20. southernlady

GFS [​IMG]