Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What did you think of Travis's death?

Discussion in 'Episode 301 - Eye of the Beholder' started by and138, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

2. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I thought that Travis' death would have been better if it had happened to Madison

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That is my favorite face emoji...it's right up there with the poo-moji. I love that you found a way to use it.

4. Biffster

I also enjoy Mr. Crazy Face.

5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

He's my fave.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

I'm late to the party, as usual. But what did I think? Well, I'd been steadily losing faith in FTWD, but one character I did still enjoy - somewhat - was Travis. When they got him to go full warrior I thought "Hell yes...finally they're doing something right!".

And then they killed him.

Not only did they kill him, but they did so in an almost pointless, your-life-never-really-mattered-anyway inane move. WTH? Travis gets shot whilst making an escape in a helicopter, and 'sacrifices' himself by unbuckling his seatbelt and falling to his death? He was as good as dead once he took that pointless bullet, so he may as well have jumped.

What did I think? Honestly, what crossed my mind at that moment was, could the writers try any harder to kill this show? I think not.

I can't wait until "Preacher" comes back. Now THAT'S a show worth watching.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

And I think that's one of the reasons why I still can't connect with this series. They introduce characters who have great potential (Daniel was an interesting, emotionally torn person who could have gone so many routes) and then just decide to get rid of them, for no reason. Travis...when they showed him finally venting his rage - first at the boys who caused his son's death, and then his fight in the pit - he was proving to be someone you really wanted to watch. He was interesting. He had charisma. He pulled you into his plight, his pain, his confusion. Once the writers got past keeping Travis as a quiet, confused, not dealing with the apocalypse very well kinda guy, Travis - I felt - was the one to watch. But he too fell to the writers' "Hey guys, let's make this interesting by introducing a surprise death" axe. Meh. To me, that's terrible writing.

The ones that they do have left as main characters - Maddie, Nick, Alicia - are rather mediocre. Maddie is okay, I could get to like her, maybe, depending on how they take her in future episodes. But Nick and Alicia....I just don't care about them. And I can't put my finger on whether it's the actors or the writers, but there just isn't any charisma with any of them, Maddie included. I don't feel any connection with them...it really is like watching actors pretend to have feelings for one another, but you know it's acting. That's the way it comes across. And I'm not sure why.

I do like Strand, but again, unless the writers start doing something with him, he's tending to fall into 'meh' territory as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Balthazars

Balthazars Member

I have now watched the first two episodes of season 3 and they were terrific.
    I like the new opening credits, the harder hitting theme, and the introduction of true badassery, tension and surprise to the series....it is starting to be worthy of the TWD universe. The horrible orange hue to everything filmed on the boat or in mexico has gone too.Fight choreography has improved.......but killing Travis was a BIG mistake......although I have a sneaking suspicion he isn't actually dead and Talking Dead are in on it.......but if he is dead it is a huge mistake......as he was a more likeable relatable character than the others........that really leaves Alisha as the only actor with half decent acting skills......a big part of why people are finding it so difficult to connect with the main characters imo is the poor acting skills of those playing many of the characters. Madison in particular....Nick also should be the Beatle of this show but he still comes across as a not convincing not particularly folllowable lead......Strand too is no Laurence Olivier......its going to come down a lot than to the script....the new characters.....and perhaps even if Travis can be revived or someone else bought in to carry that 40 something strong male lead (ala Rick,Daryl and Negan in TWD, Matt Damon and Jason Patric in Wayward Pines, Justin Theroux in the Leftovers, Jack and Sawyer in Lost) because just as leatherface single expression Madison and her loose cannon brave junkie son with a heart of gold isn't going to cut it going forward....the emotional intensity Travis's character beat plus the badass beatdown of his sons killers is not something I can see Nick or Strand replicating

10. PepperAnn

I will never understand all the Nick hate.

[​IMG]

11. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I'm very late to the party, but I found Travis death a bit strange. And until now (episode 8), I'm still not sure, if he is really dead. Normally, they make a point in showing the dead main characters and he just flew out of a helicopter (still alive) and vanished.
    At least Strand is still around

12. Biffster

Given the impact he would have with the ground if he isn't first impaled on a tree, I assume at best he's zombie-Travis of the forest now. Yeah, it was a strange and uneventful way of writing off a main character so early in the third season. Travis and Daniel were interesting, but even Daniel just seems like temporary relief so we can focus on the Clarks, the least admirable characters in this show. I mean, who do you root for? Even Jeremiah's finished.

13. Eillark

Eillark New Member

Alright, Im late here, catching up on hulu, but just watched this episode and...the scene described didn't happen? Weird hulu cut? I'm double checking making sure i'm reading in the section for the right episode. I rewatched the last few minutes and I see Travis looking just fine staring out the side of a helicopter, which then flies off into the distance...cut to credits.. what i miss? Hulu bein dumb?

14. PepperAnn

I can't remember if it was the end of that episode or the beginning of the next, but I THINK it was the end?

15. Biffster

It's right at the beginning of the next episode.

• Like Like x 1