Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Thomas Jefferson would find it all ridiculous. He felt that every generation should update the constitution.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Most generations HAVE updated the Constitution, you should read up on things called "Amendments".

3. Morgotha

It's shameful that Trump and the government overall isn't doing something about having foreign agents deliberately stirring up trouble here.

4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Russia’s gun laws. And yet, they are advocating for laxer gun laws here.
    Hmmm I wonder why
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Morgotha

Remember that over the years Russian leadership has killed off about 3 million of their own people in one way or another. They historically didn't *want* an armed populace that can resist the next purge.

6. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Sure, time can play tricks with memories, but misremembering is not the question here. People will either believe her or believe Trump, because one of them is lying. Not misremembering. Flat out lying.

In the news story, I totally agree. The timeline was left out. Bad writing or editing or intentional slanting, I dunno, but that omission left them wide open to the accusation.

7. Morgotha

As far as the flat-out lying goes, that's Trump. I don't need 20 year-old notes to figure that one out.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I never would have taken you as a Millennial. Learned something new. Lol

9. Sharpie61

10. tink

tink Well-Known Member

https://www.salon.com/2018/02/23/sh...been-so-unimpressed-with-a-person-in-my-life/

^^Trump's apparent lack of human empathy on display again.

"
    But perhaps the most stinging criticism came not from an attendee in the listening session, but by a survivor whom Trump visited in the hospital. Here's what she told the Times:

“He said he heard that I was a big fan of his, and then he said, ‘I’m a big fan of yours too.’ I’m pretty sure he made that up,” she said in an interview after being discharged from the hospital. “Talking to the president, I’ve never been so unimpressed by a person in my life. He didn’t make me feel better in the slightest.

Ms. Fuentes, who was left with a piece of shrapnel lodged behind her right eye, said Mr. Trump had called the gunman a “sick puppy” and said “‘oh boy, oh boy, oh boy,’ like, seven times.”"

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Morgotha

Yeah, I thought believing and saying something like this got you kicked out of the Democratic party.:eek:

"
    "It is not a secret that we have some gun issues that need to be addressed, but the real thing that needs to be addressed are issues of the heart," she said.

Daniels said she had a vision earlier in the week, "I believe it was God, and I heard a voice say, 'Do not politicize what has happened in Florida and do not make this a thing of division.' "

Daniels continued to speak about God: "He's not a Republican and he's not a Democrat. He's not black and he's not white. He is the light. And our schools need light in them like never before.""

12. PepperAnn

He's like a robot just going through the motions. It's really pathetic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Uh-oh:

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/23/5882...rts-business-partner-expected-to-plead-guilty

Manafort associate Gates will plead guilty, looking for a deal with Mueller.

"According to court documents, Gates lied to the special counsel and the FBI on February 1, 2018, about a meeting that took place in March 2013 attended by Manafort, a "senior lobbyist" who is unnamed, and a member of Congress who is unnamed.

Gates allegedly lied in saying he was told by Manafort that there were no discussions about Ukraine at the meeting."

Expect a FURY of tweets from Donald this weekend.

14. PepperAnn

The thing that my coworker and I are scratching our heads about, is the fact that AFTER he was expected to plead guilty, they slapped MORE charges on him.

Usually the stop at that point since they are cooperating.

I think this is bigger than we know at this point.

15. Sharpie61

There was a rumor that he wasn’t going to flip. The new charges may be Muellers way of saying he means business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. PepperAnn

That's one of the ideas we were kicking around. That he wasn't completely cooperating.

17. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I think initially he said he would cooperate, but then was kind of balking, so these extra charges were just to let him know how much they have and how badly it could go.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

So for the intention of the creation of the amendment from the creators, these were some seriously intelligent guys and they listed out "right to keep and bear arms" specifically because they believed an armed populace is a difficult one to oppress. Suggesting that these guys couldn't see past their own era's technology is an insult to them --

A "Militia" is a group of civilians banding together in arms military style.

The Founders of America also set up a specific system of checks and balances that makes it extremely difficult by international standards to pass overwhelming changes to the system.

They were extraordinarily "Libertarian" by their era's standards.

19. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Dumb asses. They have only two ways to go. Cooperate or hope for a pardon. Lindsey Graham is one Republican who has already said he will agree Trump has to go if he gives them pardons. Trump does what is best for Trump. He routinely screwed the people he made real estate deals with, and he will screw them.

Besides, at this point they are liable for state crimes that Trump can't pardon. Don't know if they would go to prison for those, though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Yes.

On the Right front -- you have a Right to access, per meeting regulatory conditions under the law -- but not a Right to a free weapon and not a Right to unregulated buying.

I often chime in the eternal Healthcare debate that people don't really understand what a "Right" means.

Same thing with 1st Amendment -- 1st Amendment protects you in so much as to not be jailed/oppressed by the State for what you say. It does not protect you from employment termination, super levels of social criticism thrown back at you or you being charged for yelling FIRE inside a night club and causing public nuisance.

People rarely understand the idea behind the Rights, even though they were written in detail.