Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What's With The Names?

Discussion in 'Episode 810 - The Lost and the Plunderers' started by Weallgotit, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what the deal was with the names coming up on the screen during tonight's episode? I thought it was the names of all those who Carl wrote letters to. But Simon's name was brought up and I doubt that Carl wrote him or Jadis a letter.

2. Reina

Reina Active Member

New catchy something they thought would be cool. After Michonne's name I didn't see anymore. JUST A LITTLE NOTE TO THOSE WHO THINK OF THIS MESS. No, really. I don't know. It reminded me of the Brady Bunch.

3. Sully

Sully Active Member

I liked it. I liked the entire style of this episode. I mean I hope they don't do it again, but I thought it was a cool little artistic style.

Reminded me a little bit of The Walking Dead game season 1 bonus episode "400 Days".

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Similar to the THEN title used in No Santuary.

I liked the pacing and connections. Reminded me of Pulp Fiction or early Guy Ritchie film.

• Like Like x 2
  5. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

It was breaking the episode down into events (little stories) revolving around the named individual.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I didn't have a problem with it. Let you know the focus of the upcoming 'section' of the show. Waaaaay less annoying than time hops/flashbacks/forwards. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. PFyongchang

PFyongchang New Member

Filler maybe. Who knows. And least this episode was ok, not great. First two have been ok compared to the season finale which was utter crap

8. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

I said this to my husband while we were watching... I didn’t particularly mind it but I thought the episode would have been perfectly normal without the names... I think I get what they were trying to do with the names but I really don’t think it was necessary... plenty of episodes have skipped from one character’s journey to another’s in one episode

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

I liked it. As I wrote in the rating thread, I was getting sick of re-watching an ep to figure out all the time jumps etc. This was easier to follow because we were told who's point of view etc. It's what I needed seeing as my brain is walker-mush right now

10. cycles

cycles Member

I didn't mind it. It added a uniqueness to the episode that added to the story.

It was the close up shots of faces earlier in the season that I found really cheesy. Those were distracting and annoying. (IMHO)

11. PFyongchang

PFyongchang New Member

I don't know who that Asian chick is, but she has my vote for whatever.

• Funny Funny x 1