Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Morgan mental illness

Discussion in 'Episode 814 - Still Gotta Mean Something' started by Ionut, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

I had tagged Morgan back during the "all life is precious" episodes as still unstable and mentally ill, just bouncing off of different extremes -- predicting that he would be triggered by something to revert back to violent killer Morgan...

Glad they rolled with that, because "all life is precious" was lame. At least this gives that era of stuff some reasoning and they've improved the writing back to watchable TV.

Unstable and unpredictable maniac Morgan is so much better than Aikido-Man Morgan.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

I also tagged Morgan as an internal threat that the group should have dealt with post-Wolves insanity, where he caused all of that mess.

He still obviously is.

Morgan is dangerous. This is fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that Morgan leaving will be the solution for all of them to take care of his eradicate behavior. He knows he can't be around people and he will take the judgement of of their hands and leave. Otherwise, maybe they would be forced to banish him. At this point Rick has to realize that living with Morgan isn't going to be an option.

4. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

I am done with Morgan's bs. I will throw a party when he is FTWD's problem.
    I will try and enjoy his (mostly) unpredictable exploits but...I'm done.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Nah, I love Morgan. I don't think he is a threat to the others. They know he will bounce back again. They have too much history together to toss him to the wind. When he goes, it will be his decision.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. blundig

blundig Member

The only unpredictability we need is Rick killing the enemy when he said he wouldn't. I'm sick of the team catering to that weirdo Morgan.

7. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Morgan's momentary loss of recognition of Rick really concerns me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I think Morgan's issue still stems from his inability to put his Wife down. I think that's sort of what the force ghost of Gavin was telling him.

His inaction is what causes harm. He couldn't put his Wife down, causing the death of Duane. He froze when it came time to put down the walker of the man he straight up murdered in the woods, causing Eastman to die. He couldn't put the wolves down, they attacked Alexandria. He froze when it came time to kill Gavin, giving Henry the chance to do it, causing a child to become a murderer.

These things Morgan froze or was just unable to do caused harm to people he cared about. I think that's going to be the thing that makes him leave. Get away from people he cares for, just like Carol tried to do.

This will only make sense if he arrives in Texas and never forms relationships with these people. Never cares for them. If he plays it in such a way where he will help them, even work with them, but he won't care about them. Then it might make sense. But if he leaves because he can't watch people die, then immediately joins a group where the same shit happens. His journey will make no sense.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Reina

Reina Active Member

Morgan is dealing with the mental aspect of loss. Each person deals with tragedy differently. You are talking about a man that couldn't put his wife down and she later killed his son. It's hard enough to lose someone you love deeply and it's another to deal with that during a time where dead people aren't dead. He's not evil or dangerous. He's dealing and processing the loss of those close to him with every other emotion that comes with a world shaken and absurd. Things aren't as they were, so people won't be as they once were.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Yes.

He's unstable and dangerous because of it. He self admitted he isn't right in the head. He hasn't been since Duane was killed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Reina

Reina Active Member

Who is he a danger to? Himself maybe, but I don't think Morgan would fall back into his clear days and start killing off his friends. Then he only had Rick & Duane. He's been around more people now that I believe would keep him from jumping that far off.

#11 Reina, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  12. Love Made Visible

Love Made Visible New Member

I really feel for Morgan. He knows he's escalating and losing his grip on what's real and that inner turmoil is painful to watch. He's a good man and this world has taken its toll on him and I don't think he can cope with its demands any longer. I'll miss him when he crosses over to FTWD.

• Like Like x 1
  13. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Liked your post but I wished there was a "smart" icon. This is very well put.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if he will go to FTWD and become "All life is precious" Morgan again. I guess we can partly blame his killing philosophy flip to his mental state. Can say that for the rest of the characters that do this often.