Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rosita's Plan

Discussion in 'Episode 814 - Still Gotta Mean Something' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

How do you suppose it goes down? Does she try to kill Eugene and fail? Does she try to kill Eugene and succeed??? :p [very unlikely, although it would be a compelling full circle story. Rosita starts her ZA purpose by protecting the man, only to kill him in the end], does Eugene convince her to take another action?

Also, the location of the Machine Shop in relation to the other communities is interesting. It is much closer to ASZ than to the Sanctuary. MUCH closer. Eugene and Rosita were able to walk, round trip, from ASZ to the Machine Shop easily in one day, even at a very leisurely pace and with enough spare time for Eugene to make a bullet in between. Abe and Eugene also walked there not expecting to spend the night. So its likely within a few miles of ASZ.

The sanctuary on the other hand is a two hour drive from ASZ. Pretty far away, even in their world where they drive on smaller cleared back roads and maybe only average 40-50 mph in vehicles. Maybe 80 to 100 miles away. Hilltop is 23 miles from ASZ, so the Machine Shop is also considerably closer to the Hilltop than the Sanctuary. No big revelation really, and the writers may not even have this mapped out in their heads, but the proximity of the shop to the militia could be an advantage if they tried to take it over. Maybe too late with only 2 episodes to go. Or perhaps it will mean that the shop will consider to stay a game player location for season 9 [and beyond?]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if Rosita decides to kill Eugene and it's Daryl who convinces her that there is another solution. Saving Eugene. Daryl tends to look at things from the other perspective, no matter what the stance. Almost like he's constantly playing devil's advocate as a way of weighting options. So I wouldn't be shocked if it's Daryl who tries to save Eugene.

• Like Like x 1
  3. blundig

blundig Member

He should be killed, but likely won't be, for that reason.

4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Eugene will want to come home and stop drinking himself to sleep. If he doesn't know Negan is back, he will be stressed out about the production demands and that will be another reason to come home. Rosita will say NO you can't come home, but we will let you live so you can make bullets for us, along with these other Saviors. Then Rosita takes up guard duty and kills any Saviors that come by unless they want to join the assembly line.

• Like Like x 1
  5. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I thought Rosita's suggestion was to take out Eugene. I didn't hear any big protests coming out of Daryl's mouth. I'd hate to see him go. Maybe they can just wound him so he won't be able to run the operation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Maybe Daryl+Rosita threaten to kill Eugene but Eugene says he can make 'fake' bullets for Negan and then he is let go.
    If this is so, this will save a lot of lives because Rick's team is going to walk into Negan's trap (ie the fake attack plan which Negan uses to test Dwight's loyalty).

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

I'd take out Eugene without a second thought. He objectively has been more harm than good from his first appearance, where his lies got people killed running around in circles all the way up to now where his walker guts idea got people killed at Hill Top.

It does not matter if he feels bad about it or not and is having trouble living with it -- his cowardly opportunism and disloyalty makes him an internal threat even if they take him back, or he does something to stifle the Saviors like fake bullets.

Say there is a scenario where another powerful group rolls up on a post-war united Kingdom-ASZ-Hilltop -- Eugene there becomes the first person to defect and returns to being a menace if that is the opportunity presented.

Setting him loose as well presents a potential problem because if he survives then he can find another bad group, who would note him as being well taken care of and having not been out in the elements and he is then risk to being coerced into revealing your location and assisting them.

Eugene is horrible. He feels bad, but this doesn't erase the problem that he is and what he is doing.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

I'd literally just snipe him -- problem solved. Rosita is a crack shot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sully

Sully Active Member

Has anyone made a map yet of where all the locations are specifically and how far away they are?

10. HeadHunter

HeadHunter Member

Im pretty sure that Eugene has been making fake bullets for Negan.

So i think 1 of 2 things will happen:

Either he shares this information with Ricks group and saves himself...

...or...

Ricks group kill him without knowing about the fake bullets and when they next have a big gun fight with Negan its revealed Eugene was making fake bullets and Ricks group win the fight because of that. Leaving them to dwell on killing Eugene when he was actually trying to help and allowing Eugene to be redeemed in death.

11. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I've been wondering this too. I know there are maps of the real filming sites, but i'd like to see a fictional map of where everything is supposed to be.

I did find this TV Guide article that tells us how many miles everything is from one another based on what characters have said.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-walking-dead-locations-alexandria-hilltop-kingdom-sanctuary/

#11 Jen7, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  12. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I don't know if Eugene has the 'nads to make fake bullets. He would have to know that it would quickly become apparent in battle that the bullets were fake, and everyone would know why. Euge is a big pansy. I don't see him taking such courageous, risky action.

Or, maybe I'm reading him wrong - he IS making fake bullets - and he either is killed by our group, or is found out, and killed by the saviors. Then, our group get to reflect on how he really was trying to help the family.

But, like Ionut said above, he's already caused a lot of death for our folks. I'd as soon see Rosita snipe him and be done.

13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

All I know is Rosita better not harm Eugene.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

He should go hang out with Jesus.....no one seems too concerned where he is at any given moment so Eugene would be safe with him

• Funny Funny x 7
  15. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Call me optimistic, but going by the signs i've been seeing from Eugene I think he is already making fake bullets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

OPTIMISTIC

There, done.....called.

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

On a more serious note though.....what do you think would have been the catalyst for Eugene to suddenly turn into a covert commando and make the fake bullets? That would be a brave move on his part, not knowing if that plan would work or not. I just wonder what might have been the tipping point for him to realize where his loyalties actually needed to be

18. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

No. Kirkman mentioned in an interview maybe a year or so ago that some fans have requested a TWD universe map, and he thinks its a great idea and "hopefully we will do that someday".

ASZ is 23 miles from Hilltop, according to Eugene. The Sanctuary is farther away. When they made the trip from the Sanctuary to ASZ with Sasha in the coffin, it was stated that the trip would take 2 hours. This is on previously cleared back roads. So if you figure that their average speed is maybe 40 to 50 mph on back roads, that makes the Sanctuary perhaps 80 to 100 miles away. As for the Kingdom, Maggie's group managed to walk from the Kingdom to ASZ all in one day, toting a tiger, to arrive at the battle in 716.

So I think that ASZ/Hilltop/Kingdom are all within 23 miles of each other [Kingdom probably closer to ASZ than Hilltop] and then the Sanctuary lies 80+ miles away from this trio.

Oceanside is probably a bit farther out too. Tara and Heath were near Oceanside while they were out on a 'two-week' run. If Oceanside was within close proximity to ASZ, they would probably have gone home each night to sleep instead of staying out on a two week run. And It took Tara at least 2 days to walk back to ASZ after Heath disappeared. So maybe something like 30-40 miles? Probably within that range for the Junk Yard too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I've been here since 2015, and I clicked once on a map that showed locations, including one for Maggie's Farm. I was so distressed to have accidentally learned that Maggie would have a community and apparently Glenn wouldn't be with her. It was a cool map though, showing someone's best guess as to where everything was in relation to everything else.

Somewhere in this walkingdeadforums, that link to that map is still here, but it would be herculanean to find it.

Maybe it was just for the comics.

20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Well I think it's been a struggle, which is what we saw when he kept drinking himself to sleep each night. I think what he's been doing up to this point has been mainly out of fear/survival as opposed to real loyalty to Negan. He helped Gabe & Dr. Carson get out of the Sanctuary...so that was a hint of wanting to help the other side, but still being too afraid to fully commit to it and go with them. Now that he has his own outpost with everyone else distracted by the war, he has the opportunity to do something.

As for a turning point...i don't really think there is one specific moment, i think it's been an internal struggle for him for quite some time and this is a more clear opportunity to do something. Before, Negan directly threatened him if he didn't come up with a way to get out of the Sanctuary, and he was trapped there with him.

When Negan came to him asking when the bullets would be complete, and Eugene said he would need more time...Negan got upset so in the moment, just to satisfy Negan, Eugene came up with the idea of throwing walker guts over the walls. I think that was his way of appeasing Negan and stalling until the bullets were done, without actually harming anyone at Hillside. Of course that backfired when Negan snowballed from that idea and said he was going to use tainted weapons. But i think Eugene's idea was pretty vanilla on purpose.

I could be wrong though.

• Winner Winner x 1