Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carl is not going to die this season

Discussion in 'Episode 808 - How It's Gotta Be' started by DarrenNJ, Dec 10, 2017.

1. tink

tink Well-Known Member

The only way to have made it look like more of a bite would be to have left teeth sticking out of it.

Carl was bit. He's dying.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

A wound shaped like teeth. Who'da thunk. Lol

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Right lol. Like he fell down and when he stood up he had a perfect set of teeth marks on his side, complete with upper and lower teeth. Plus, if it wasn't a bite, then it would be a fairly superficial wound, not something they'd close a midseason finale on. That would be like showing a close up of Dale's hangnail to end S1. "NOOOOOOOOO!! How will he tie fisherman's knots????"

But they are right, there IS a way that Carl can live on for several more seasons. They just have to condense each episode down to a 5 minute time frame in their universe, so the next three seasons take place over about 6 hours of time for them. I vote for slow motion!! "Caaaaaarrrrrrrrrlllllllllllllll, howwwwwwwww arrrrreeeeee yyyyoouuuuuu feeeeeelllinnnngggg"...."theeeeeee saaammmmmeeeee daaaaaadddd" Commercial break.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

I fall on the side of those who agree Carl is bit for real. And that he will die. I think it is a monstrous mistake on Gimple's part to do this. Rick's entire reason for existing is for Carl (okay 65%, the rest for Judith & Michonne). I don't see how Rick can come back from this sucker punch. Not if the show runners stay true to the character as he has been written all these years.

5. cycles

cycles Member

I fall on the wait and see side. It is probable that Carl will die but he will go out in a blaze of glory. There is a small, but non-zero, chance that he will survive though an improbable plot twist.

This show has always been about tragedy, loss and pain. If/when Carl dies, it will be about Rick losing his son. Part of me hopes that Carl survives, just to avoid having to watch that.

6. PepperAnn

It will be a horrible scene. I am NOT looking forward to it at all.

7. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

Me neither, but sadly, it will happen.
    I just watched the episode, because I was busy the last weeks and missed it. Carls unavoidable death is really sad, but I guess, it will help to change Ricks mind about killing Negan and dealing with the saviors in general.

I really liked Carl and his development in the last seasons and am very sad to see him go, but at least, he had some really great moments in this episode and probably some more in his last episode.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Reina

Reina Active Member

Lmaooooooo
    [​IMG]

9. ionizer

ionizer New Member

told you guys, he aint dead.... you'll see.

10. Reina

Reina Active Member

Tell me again. I missed it. So, Carl is going to crawl up out of the dirt? Sweet baby Jesus. I musta missed something. Stupid girl, I am.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. ionizer

ionizer New Member

I can't say how, when or why, but we haven't seen the end of Carl. It may not be until the very last episode ever, but he will be back in some "present and now" timeline (and not just as a flashback) - perhaps saying "not dead" is the wrong term, he may be dead, but he will be back in some "Carl as we knew him visual/not a zombie" type way.

But it's ok, there is no need to debate it, you can rub it in my face when the series ends one day, if I am wrong.

However, when I am right, I would expect a full apology.

12. Reina

Reina Active Member

You are right about one thing. You have been seeing Carl again with his letters, what he visioned for the future and Rick sparing Negan's life. However, Carl is dead. Maybe I shouldn't have dredged up old feelings whilst I was looking at old threads. But, there will be no more Carl as in breathing, living Carl. It's not rubbing it in your face either. I didn't want Carl to die. But I think there's a bigger story here involving his death. He will play a large part going forward from the grave, unfortunately.
    You will be waiting a very long time for that apology, I'm afraid. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. PepperAnn

They. Buried. Him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Yes they did. But MAYBE he had one of those foldable shovel like thingies in his pocket. You know, the ones they make for chronic gardeners? And he will dig himself out. I myself am looking very forward to seeing this. Just as much as I am looking forward to seeing @Reina formally apologize for being wrong. LMAO!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

Did. They. Though?

It's not like we saw Rick sling the body in the grave like John Wayne drowning that kid fishing without a permit...

17. PepperAnn

If that were the case and they didn't actually bury him but just implied it......that would be WAY worse than DumpsterGate. WAYYYYYYY WORSE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

Nah, he's dead. We'll find out for sure when Beth reappears and digs him up. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Reina

Reina Active Member

Lucky for me this ain't happening. :p

20. PepperAnn

LMAO