Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Close your eyes and Rate It By Peeing a Number Into the Snow

Discussion in 'Episode 410 - Close Your Eyes' started by Neuropyramidal, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

This wasn't the most interesting episode but okay as far as bottles go, which I'm not the most gigantic fan of. I give it a 7. Some development for Charlie and Alicia even though their dialogue tipped the scale into cheese at times.

And the water would not likely have gone over their heads. The top 1.5 to 2 feet of the basement are above ground lol. It would have like flowed out the cracks in the storm door, and if the inflow outmatched the outflow, all they would have had to do was broken a small pane of one of the windows, too small for a walker to go through.

But either way, wouldn't a reasonable person be like "well, now let's wait to see if it goes above our chins first. I mean it might stop, right? We can wait a few shakes of a lambs tail before we make any rash decisions. Sooo, we need a topic. I got it! The peanut! Neither a pea NOR a nut! Discuss!"

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

SERIOUSLY? I HAVE TO PEE MY RATING IN THE SNOW? IN AUGUST? I AM A GIRL SO BASICALLY I AM LIMITED TO THE NUMBER ONE SINCE IT IS A STRAIGHT LINE. i MEAN FORGET ABOUT ATTEMPTING AN 8

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I like Alycia so that helped the episode

So I will give it a meh plus 1.5

• Like Like x 1
  4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

You marshmallows aren't used to working for your ratings! ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I'll give it a 4.5.
    I agree with everything Neuro said. So full of cheese, and that kill-me-were-done basement scene was sssoooooo dumb, but damn Alicia is so pretty, I didn't care too much about any of that and just didn't listen to everything. I think she showed some range as an actress in the first few scenes too. Charlie on the other hand, was at times pretty bad, but she's a kid and her part was pretty bad.

6. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

It was better than last week at least. Alycia Debnam Carey is a solid actress, the last solo episode she had was great, but she kind of carried this one herself.

Also Alicia was right, Charlie is garbage. I loved that scene and I was on the edge of my seat waiting for Alicia to channel her mother and knock her on the head with her machine gun barrel.

I'm not just hating on Charlie for the hell of it, that whole storyline doesn't sit well with me. I dunno about you guys, but trying to force a friendship between Alicia and the girl who caused the death of her entire family makes me feel weird.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Yeah Alicia was great in that scene.

As for the friendship, better suit up, if this makes you feel weird, you'll be craping dansing mustaches when the whole group makes friend with Negan in the main series!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

If there could have been an epic moment in the episode, when A was gazing at C in the flooded basement, hoping she would talk and they were trapped.

Charlie should have said 'I have to pee'.

Survival post apocalyptic and public pool dilemma all wrapped up in one.

The answer and reaction would have been more interesting than this shit show.

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

And I rate the episode a 1.5 a number 2 would have made it a 3.5

10. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

cripes I should have read closer, I thought I was working from a 1.

11. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

Preacher was a much better hour of my time.

12. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I've hated what the comics did with Negan, too. It's just so forced lol.

13. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I know she is just a kid and all but I just dont like Charlie because of her past actions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah they're losing me with this whole storyline. If they wanted to keep Charlie they should've had Mel kill Nick and then have Alicia's anger toward her be due to her betrayal. Then this would make sense. But with her actually pulling the trigger in cold blood none of this works.

It also feels as if Fear used up all of their ideas, and crammed all of the drama, into the first half and now they're running on empty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

My whole interest was lost, all because of a crappy way of showing a hurricane.
    I give it a 2, but only because the walker saved them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Was not my favorite this season...I didn't have a lot of the complaints about the hurricane that others are having because I'm a simpleton who doesn't notice those things quite so much, but I'm not a fan of bottle episodes - especially in a show that I'm just warming up to this season because of the new characters.

I did like the tension between Alicia & Charlie. I'm glad that ultimately Alicia didn't kill her because as much as Charlie has done, she's really just a child.

I think one thing that Alicia & Charlie's potential relationship has going for it is that Charlie knows Alicia is real with her. After being "adopted" by Mel and his group and tricked into doing terrible things, i'm sure she has trust issues. Despite Alicia's harsh words, she was completely genuine. Charlie doesn't have to wonder if it's another group just trying to use her. That was my observation anyway.

*Pees a 6 into the snow*

#16 Jen7, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  17. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Give it a 7. It was a very predictable episode and you knew exactly where it was leading to. But I have become a big fan of Alicia and Debnam-Carey is a very solid actress. Charlie isn't anything to write home about but she is still a lot better than pretty much all the child characters they have on TWD.

18. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Right now I give it a 5, if their relationship is explored further I might bump it to an 8.

19. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Agree about Alicia's acting. When she was standing outside of the door yelling at Charlie "you shouldn't be here!" she went through all these facial expressions. I was like damn girl.

20. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Another alright episode, but Alycia did a phenomenal job. Like 3x13 in the pantry. That’s my favorite FTWD ep of all time I think