Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Maggie is a BOSS!

Discussion in 'Episode 901 - A New Beginning' started by WillyJakkz, Oct 8, 2018.

1. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Maggie has grown so much from losing some of her family at the farm, to losing her dad Herschel (R.I.P. Scott Wilson) at the prison, to getting her hopes up to reunite with her sister Beth only find her dead at the hospital, and ultimately losing her husband Glenn after so many close calls to death.

So think about that, her father, sister, and husband were all murdered and yet here she is still standing.

And the line she delivered to Rick was amazing (paraphrasing)..."I asked you to follow me in what to do with Negan, you didn't because I wasn't the following type... that changes now". She has an entire community under her watch that is thriving and not to mention was hand picked by Deanna to help her at ASZ. She respectfully stood up to Rick and denied him help without a return which was a great choice btw as her people and community would be without in order to help a community that should have to prove they can contribute to building up trust and materialistic contributions.

Her decision to hang Gregory to show the people that murder or attempted murder (without provocation) will not be tolerated... namely on her lol.

But seriously her demeanor, her attitude, her decision making...Maggie is a BOSS! I love it... AND she's a SINGLE MOM!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Creepy Crawlies

She hanged him to show she isn't Ricks puppet and she decides what is what as she is the boss of the Hilltop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Impressive leadership that she separated Ken's parents from the crowd and made them watch the hanging close up so they would get the message that no matter how grieved you are, you don't try to kill the leader. Earl was manipulated into drinking, so I give him a pass for being Gregory's patsy. Plus, as a blacksmith, he is too valuable to be relocated to another community. Lucky for him.

I hope Maggie makes a second overture of peace with them to finish defusing the rebellion, even though they were purely angry the first time she approached them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Sully

Sully Active Member

Did she mean that she's going to start being the following type, or that Rick is going to be following her lead from now on, or what?

5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

She said Rick had once said one day he would follow her. I think she expects at least to be acknowledged as his equal, and to stand alone in making decisions for Hilltop.

6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I agree, OP.

I felt sad for Ken's mom though when they were standing there watching the hanging. She goes to bed grieving and drunk only to wake up and find out that her husband tried murdering their leader and Gregory is being hung because of it.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah Tammy hasn't been that bad so far. Not like her comic counterpart. She just lost her son. If anything I think she's taking it pretty stably so far. To be fair, if I lost a son in that situation, and a good portion of the supplies we were gathering were going to a group who not that long ago has the goal of killing us, I can't say I'd feel much differently than her. Sure, they are all part of the same network of communities now, and the saviors aren't stationed in a place that grows things very well, but the reason they are stationed that way is because taking advantage of, and terrorizing, other communities is what enabled them to do so. If they hadn't been doing that, they would have had to relocate long ago and they'd be more self sufficient.

I agree they should all work together now, but if I was Rick/Maggie/Zeke i'd be talking to the saviors about relocation to a more self sufficient area because keeping this up longterm is a drain on the other communities. Maybe keep the Sanctuary as an outpost where they can continue with metalworking and motorcycle conversion, and have the majority of them living in a more self sustaining area where they can grow lots of crops.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I've read that part of the comics, but I do remember disliking comic Tammy more than show Tammy. I think most of what she said on the show came from a place of despair like you said. At least up until this point, I'm not sure what they'll do with her moving forward.

That's a good idea to relocate them, or even just some of them...

9. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I didn't even think about that!

• Like Like x 1
  10. PepperAnn

I still don't see Brett Butler in there anywhere. LOL

11. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure i would have recognized her either, but I read in some article somewhere that she'd be on the show!

12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Speaking of Maggie being a boss:

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I could tell right away just because here voice gave it away but then I fond myself staring harder each time she was on to see if she was really in there?

Sort of like Kathleen Turner in Body Heat and then now but not exactly like that either.

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. PepperAnn

I need to see her on TD to confirm this. LOL

15. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

God I wish Lauren Cohan weren't leaving. Her exit right now might bother me more than Rick, because she was by a mile the stand out with the most interesting storyline in the premiere.

I'd happily follow Maggie for the whole season if this is where things go.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

I completely agree because the way the Hilltop is thriving, evidently she's doing something VERY right.

• Like Like x 1
  17. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

So why exactly aren't they relocating now? The corn? I just don't get it... Why take stuff from another community when they're well enough to build something of their own and let the Hilltop thrive...

Anyway, back to the subject. Always disliked Maggie, and she just hung a man in front of children to prove she was her own boss. She's a moron who grew up on a farm. How exactly do we know her parents weren't sibblings?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Yikes...

#18 Jen7, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Amen to this!

• Like Like x 1
  20. NakedCity