Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Were Two Time Jumps Needed?

Discussion in 'Episode 905 - What Comes After' started by Weallgotit, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Creepy Crawlies

Yes they we're both needed.

The first was needed to show the conclusion of "all out war". We needed to see how it all panned out. With Maggie essentially getting her closure and Rick getting is apparent death I feel the story from the very beginning at least from Savior on-wards has finally concluded and wrapped up. [I say apparent death because everyone in the show believe he is dead.]

The second time jump is needed to get as far away as possible from the old and start a true new beginning. A lot can and should change after 6 years.

2. DocCovington

DocCovington Member

Nothing was left "unresolved". If you have the intellect, you can easily fill the "holes" by putting 2 and 2 together with what was presented to you as the status quo.

It was about time we finally moved on. Enough with the boring war/conflict story already, which was just going in circles for years - that's not good writing. The time jump made for a fresh, exciting new start, and the next one will be even more exciting it seems!

Embrace the new, let go of the (boring) past.:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yet another thread with a title that on a glance I mistake for the Time for Trump to Go thread. :p

4. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

Hmm. I didn't feel the stories got wrapped up. Still feel it was a lot to cover with oceanside and the saviours. How did them telling Maggie she was the reason they killed them effect her? Who were the saviours that wanted Negan back? How did the saviours survive now that the bridge was gone? Could just have 2 different definitions of "wrapped up" and that's completely fine

As for the 2nd one I think them looking for Rick is still having the show be centered around Rick. Every reaction or interaction would be about Rick. Plus it would be such deep mourning for Rick I just feel it would be impossible to move past it even in half a season without a time jump.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I'm down for as many time jumps as possible. Quantum Leap AND zombies?!?!?! Tell me that's not awesome!

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I read this as a rhetorical question so my answer is YES I completely agree with this! Negan needed to be broken by his confinement. Not for one minute do I think Negan was simply manipulating Maggie to attempt an escape or to overtake her. I believe, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Negan wanted Maggie to kill him. Wanted to die but not able to do it himself. And that level of brokeness, despair does not happen in short time span

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1