Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

American Horror Story

Discussion in 'Horror TV Shows' started by EternalWreckage, Nov 30, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

Still loving this season! The last episode had me so confused tho, I was like you cant do this to me! Putting them all together and confusing me about whos who! Did anyone see this? https://www.teenvogue.com/story/ame...dy-gaga-original-supreme?mbid=social_facebook Lady Gaga's character is the original supreme and they will be revisiting COVEN in a future season. I wonder if Lady Gaga will play the original supreme? Because you've got to think is she playing the actor of the character in this season? Don't even know if I'm wording this right haha

2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I liked the twist that they jumped to the present and had everyone returned to the house. I have some skepticism about the real people participating again, but they explained that off well enough when it was mentioned that they thought they'd be safe with the cameras and production people there etc.

My one problem though is how they announced that everyone in the house would die except one person. That took all of the suspense away for the remainder of the season. It's similar to the documentary first half where we knew everyone lived. Now it's the complete opposite and it works even less for the end of the season.

3. GlennsCrazyEye

Loved season one and two. Since then I kind of just want to punch Ryan Murphy in the face.

4. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

What? No outrage over tonight's episode? I for one would like to express my disgust at having to watch a person get their head caved in with a crowbar and having to view the mess, and having to see women being tormented and abused in one of the most horrific ways a depraved mind can conjure. That was far too violent for my delicate sensibilities. We should petition to have FX removed from the lineup...

Damn fine episode though. Loving this season so far. Did not see the twist that caused the above crowbar scene... Excellent!

5. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

People are still yapping on that it isn't scary enough! I didn't find any season scary till this one. Murderhouse is my least favouraite season, I got bored. Asylum was amazing, but I didn't find it scary. Coven was amazing but more funny. Hotel wasn't really scary either but I love Lady Gaga. This is the only one I think it scary. The real Butcher is really creepy!

6. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

AMERICAN HORROR STORY: DONALD TRUMP is coming....

7. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

So that was a pretty good season, tied off real nice and tidy. It was particularly interesting that the season actually covered about 6-7 different types of television programs.

8. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

I thought this season was okay...
    I'm not a big fan of the finale but I think I need to rewatch it, not everything connected for me.

9. Stealth

Yeah, I don't know if I'll be coming back to watch it next season. Right now I'd lean toward no.

10. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

I'll check out next season but it will have to be better than this one for me to continue after that.

I'm also not a huge fan of what they have done with Gaga's characters. It kind of feels like she just grabbed some of her costumes from her concerts and wore them to the set. It would have been cool to see her play a different type of character.

11. Stealth

The show really misses Jessica Lange too. She was the glue that held together some of their seasons even when they took odd detours. Her characters were always compelling.

12. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

I liked her in asylum, it would probably be my favorite season so far if it didn't have the alien twist.

13. Stealth

I enjoyed Asylum but they threw too many elements into the story that season.

14. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

I agree. But I really enjoyed the time period and the darkness of the early psychiatric treatments. Lana winters was is a interesting character.

15. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

I actually really liked this season. Was the only one I've found scary. Thought it was way better than Murder House by far. I got bored through Murder House. Only carried on watching the show as I saw people saying how good Asylum was. I did miss Jessica, but I've kind of forgot about her now. Shes a great actress, but she kind of just played the same character on repeat. As for Gaga, I was disappointed that she wasn't in the Season more a this was a much different character to the Countess, so it would have given her a chance to prove if she was a good actress or not.

16. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

It looks like the upcoming season is going to be really good! Murder House and Coven combined :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I tried watching the season with the asylum - could not get past the first episode

Again I tried watching the season with the creepy teaser of people hovering while facing walls - could not get past the first episode

Not because it was frightening. For me, it was just mundane.

So this morning I had time to kill before the drive into work. Third time is the charm, right? UMMM no. I watched the first episode of what I assume is the newest season (AHS Apocalypse). Wow, it was so bad. So SO bad. Bordering on ridiculous. Am I not getting the joke? Is this show attempting to be campy? If so, they are still failing. Or is it actually attempting to be scary?

18. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I quit the show 2 years ago in the middle of Roanoke. I really enjoyed the past seasons though.

19. Stealth

I hated Roanoke too and almost quit after that season. AHS was just a show that I would DVR and then watch later. I gave last season a chance though and it was good, otherwise that would have been the end for me too.

But if you liked the earlier ones you should check out this season. They're starting to tie all of the season's together in an interesting way. I still haven't seen the end of this season yet, but it's on par with those earlier years of the show for sure.

20. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah I have been thinking about bingeing last season and catching up.