Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Whisperers have finally landed..

Discussion in 'Episode 908 - Evolution' started by Ubiq, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Ubiq

Ubiq Active Member

Thoughts on their onscreen introduction?

2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Even though most of us knew what was coming, but they did an amazing job. The way the whisperer ducked away at the last second and sneak stabbing Jesus, that was awesome.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

So far they have pulled it off without too much cheese. I've always hoped that they scale down this arc for the show, both in duration and size of the group. While a group of several hundred people choosing this lifestyle was fine for a comic book, I think its a bit far fetched for the show. A few dozen, maybe. You get crazy cults, so that would be fine. But many hundreds? In a world where survivors are so scarce? Basically that would mean half the people in the region looked at each other and said "sure. I'll wear a corpse's face on my face day after day and walk around in the sun in the woods. Sounds legit". No way.

I'm personally hoping for a fairly short arc [half a season?] and a group maybe no bigger than 60 to 100. Of course if the group is that small, they will have to work in some angle for why they are still such a threat. We'll see how it goes....

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

The whisperers themselves are fine, and kind of creepy. The cemetry sequence was pretty bad though (except for the final blow to Jesus, which was indeed cool)

5. msmith73

msmith73 Member

The threat will be their ability to basically control a herd and use them as weapons. As well as their ruthlessness.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Don't count on it Neuro. With them waiting until the second half of the season to even introduce any of the Whisperer characters it really seems like they are going to have this Whisperer arc last until the end of season 10.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Neuropyramidal

I don't know. They kind of had to wait until now. They were doing 2 times jumps so they could deal with Rick's exit properly, so they couldn't really mix the whisperers in with Rick's exit. I'm holding out hope that they end the arc by 916 or early S10.

• Like Like x 2
  8. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I thought it was a great scene. Even though I knew it was coming in some manner, I was at the edge of my seat. They scared the hell out of me.
    I didn't see the Jesus part coming. :(
    Well done, but I'm sad to see him go.
    Looking back at his scenes in the past few episodes I feel like I maybe should have seen it coming.

• Like Like x 1
  9. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I hope they shorten it as well because I think the Whisperers turned out to be pretty weak villains in the comic. However at this point if they only have them last for another 8 to 10 episodes than the three main characters that arose from the Whisperer group in the comic will wind up playing pretty insignificant roles in the show.

Also though I think the show should separate itself from the comic at this point I don't think it is going to. And if they started the next main story arc up at the beginning part of season 10 that means the show would practically be caught up with the comic by the end of season 10.

10. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

The introduction was IN-CRE-DI-BLE!

Was so creepy and tense. Absolutely loved this episode.

As for the arc I can see it going until mid-season 10 then them follow it up with a prequel as to what happened during the 5-6 yr time jump to tie up some loose ends.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Neuropyramidal

Well Lydia could live on longer. And Alpha could die fairly early and it would fit. Angela Kang seems pretty thoughtful so far, and in her interviews she seems to really be on the ball with things, so I'm optimistic that she handles this okay. We shall see. They could always end the main Whisperer arc by 916 or early S10 and have Beta live on a bit longer. If they do stretch the arc out more than that, maybe it won't be the sole focus, but rather coexist simultaneously with one or two other arcs going on at same time. Instead of being all encompassing like All Out War was. Based on the first 8 episodes of this season, which I think have been really solid, I'm optimistic.

12. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I'm not sure how I feel about the intro but I am curious to see how this story goes.

I also think this arc goes well into season 10. Maybe ending at the season 10 finale. I think the huge question would be how easy is it for the group to kill them all. If it's only 100 of them the group can easily wipe them out and the story would focus on the concept of going back to killing I guess

13. Goggles Pizano

Because I’m a lurker on this board, I knew about the Whisperers . The moving herd’s etc. made sense, knowing the “reveal.”

My wife however didn’t know, and was totally taken by surprise. She was “holy shit.” It was great to see her reaction. Hopefully a lot of people were surprised and enjoyed the show and the new enemy.

I’m ambivalent about Negan. I’m going to see where his arc goes before I pass judgement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

I think (hope) Kang understands that dragging a story out until everyone is sick of it is not the way to go.

I can see it going to a massive end-season cliffhanger and maybe a two or three episode resolution and then we move forward.

15. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Bruh Beta looks bad ****ing ass. Jeepers creepers vibes.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I agree. Sadly, I don't think we're gonna wrap up the whisperer arc until then Season 10 midseason finale at the earliest. We probably won't get to the community fair until the season 9 finale.

17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am guessing Rosita told Michonne about the talking walkers and no doubt Michonne was more than likely skeptical (I would be). But then in the cemetary, after the you know.....death, Michonne is seen plunging her katana into a "walker" and when she removes her katana she holds it up and looks at the blood left behind, obviously not the bloody walker gunk she is accustomed to. I thought that was a nice touch to throw in right before Daryl removes the mask.

And then we get the preview and I have to say I watched and rewatched that snippet of a bald Alpha pushing her way to the front of her crew

• Like Like x 3
  18. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

^^Yeah, I rewound that a few times before I realized what was happening there. And Daryl calming walking toward them, what the hell?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, he is frightening AF!

And then we have Alpha - while I am not looking forward to the havoc they wreak I am looking forward to what Samantha Morton will bring to the role! She certainly has purpose in her step!!
    [​IMG]

#19 Dnae, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  20. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Loved that scene in the trailer, then when shes at the gate with Derle walking down with all the whisperers standing there, creepy awesomeness insues.

• Agree Agree x 1