Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Eugene's Theory

Discussion in 'Episode 908 - Evolution' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I said this before somewhere else, but I feel it was a bit out of character for Eugene to jump to the evolution theory. It doesn't really fit that they would be sophisticated enough to talk but still just milling around mindlessly. Eugene's pretty logical and I feel like his first theory would be they were people dressed as walkers, which seems to be by far the most likely possibility. Even though it also is eyebrow raising to me that people would choose this lifestyle. But then again people think President Bush masterminded 9/11 so I'm not surprised by craziness anymore lol.

#1 Neuropyramidal, Nov 25, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Eugene's dumb, and he must be very heavy. But maybe he's just shaken.

3. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I didn't agree with Eugene's character saying that either. It didn't fit.
    I rationalized it by thinking that he was just so shaken and probably dehydrated that he wasn't thinking clearly.
    He made so much progress. I didn't like seeing him acting like a blubbering mess again. I guess it's just such an uber creepy thing happening that I should cut him some slack.:eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Neuropyramidal

Yeah basically I accept it as him just not being on top of his game. He was injured. They had been running for hours apparently. And he got creeped out. I think a rational Eugene, who was sitting in the safety of one of the communities, would have spotted this for what it was.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

I had to laugh at that, as I recall his very first words to Abe. Anyone else recall those, too?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

Idk I felt it was pretty rational when he explained it as being the brain would naturally evolve and since you have to kill the brain of walkers the brain was still working in some sort of way. Idk make sense to me even tho I knew it wasn't true

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Neuropyramidal

In a way yes, but it doesn't fit that they would gain that level of sophistication, and still spend their days walking around in the woods aimlessly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

But I think that's why he said "evolving" as opposed to "evolved". Meaning that they were beginning to evolve but not fully there yet. So even if they whisper to each other they aren't to the level of building anything yet but they can communicate to hunt. Also him only having this one experience with this herd I'm sure he knew he didnt know all the details so this seemed like the most logical thing.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Neuropyramidal

But that really makes no sense. Whispering means language. Language is a highly evolved skill. If you have language then you are sophisticated.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

You're kidding, right?

All those yrs (maybe a decade) of killing zombies and to suddenly hear them speak you actually think it's ridiculous for him to NOT think they haven't evolved?

The herd was acting abnormal and was only briefly misdirected by noise and you're saying YOUR first thought is to think someone is sick enough to dress up as a zombie and roam about in a HERD...

You're using the power of knowlegde from the comics.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

Agreed but I dont think having a language means they wouldn't be wandering around in the woods. And he also only heard them say a few words so he doesn't know the depth of their language capabilities

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Neuropyramidal

But the language was meaningful. It might not have been Harvard worthy, but they were speaking in syntax. This implies intelligence. If you are speaking in syntax, it doesn't really make sense you'd still be wandering around aimlessly lol. That implies a level of intelligence that doesn't jive with that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I disagree with that. Just because they speak doesn't mean they have the knowledge or capability to build and maintain a community that resembles Alexandria or hilltop or even the prison.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Neuropyramidal

Straw man. No one said they were building communities. But a person who can speak in Syntax would be above the level of aimless wandering.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

But he didnt see them as aimless wandering. He saw them as hunting him and Rosita. Actually no one has seen them aimlessly wandering. They are hunting them. Ignoring daryl and his dog barking. Searching the area for Eugene and circling back to look for him again. That's not just wandering around like regular walkers do.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

As walkers who have evolved to become intelligent what would you think they would be doing if not building communities?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Neuropyramidal

But they would not behave this way if they gained Syntax language lol. If their goal was to continue to eat people, they would evolve better ways. But that's not their goal. They aren't out to eat people, because they are not walkers. They are people, trying to survive. The idea that a walker, whose main goal was just to eat people, would still just spend their days meandering with hordes, if they were intelligent, makes no sense.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

But the zombies were "on the hunt" from the appearance that Eugene and Rosita had as they just happened across them like they normally do.

They saw the number of zombies and ran but this time the walkers actually followed them much stranger than usual. So as they hid, Eugene and Rosita heard them whisper "Wherrre arrre they? They must be nearrr, donnnn't let them get awaaay."

No complicated syllables just straight forward communication.

Seems very logical to me for someone running for their life to feel as if the walkers are actually communicating about trapping their prey.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

Lol I completely disagree. I dont think being able to say "where are they, dont let them get away" means they are capable of doing more than what eugene saw. And again he has 1 encounter with them so obviously we know more than he does about them.

But I would like to hear what you think walkers who have evolved would be doing.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Neuropyramidal

Well that's not the point of the post you quoted, but yeah, Eugene was injured and scared, so its possible he was not on top of his game.

• Agree Agree x 1