Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Eugene's Theory

Discussion in 'Episode 908 - Evolution' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

You don't think that evolved walkers would be doing more than meandering the woods? LOL. Frankly, I think they'd be freaking out that they had their mind partially back but their skin was decomposed. Sorry. It makes zero sense that they would regain some intelligence and still just walk around day after day.

2. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

Sorry I mistyped. I meant to say what do you think evolving walkers would be doing.

I think since walkers eat ppl they would begin working together to eat ppl which is what it felt like to eugene. Of course as they evolve more and more they would become more sophisticated. But first time anyone seeing anything like this I'm sure they didnt think they had gone through centuries of evolution overnight

3. Neuropyramidal

Well sure they'd work together to eat people, but i don't think that 'working together' would involve randomly walking around in a field for hours.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

So I think you're under the impression that walkers would begin to think they are human again? I think that's where we disagree. I think walkers would just evolve to be better walkers. Not begin to think oh I used to be a human and had non decomposed skin and a full head of hair and a full mouth of teeth. Oh yea and also breath didnt used to smell this bad lol

I think they would think how can I eat more ppl. Oh let me communicate with the other walkers who want to eat more people and now ppl wont just be able to run away from us and trick us into following objects we cant eat

5. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Also think about this:

Rosita and Eugene covered themselves in mud to become I'm guessing undetectable to the walkers by hiding the heat and maybe smell from there bodies (which was never done before on any episode) which was a new tactic so is it far fetched for him to feel that the walkers have now evolved their tactics and adapted as well since they now suddenly couldn't seem to shake the walkers that were after them?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Neuropyramidal

No nothing to do with whether they think they are "human". But if they talked, that means they gained a level of intelligence back, which means they wouldn't behave like mindless walkers.

7. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

Again why do you think they are randomly walking around in the woods for hours or that eugene knows they are randomly walking around in the woods for hours? The only time he has seen them they were hunting him.

8. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

But you said you feel they would be freaking out wondering why they are gaining intelligence but have decomposed skin. Does this not mean that they know at some point they didnt have decomposed skin?

9. Neuropyramidal

Well yeah, lol. If they gained language back, they must have gained memories back. You think they gained the ability to speak in Syntax but somehow no memory of earlier life? lol

10. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

So you are saying that they evolved walkers would know they used to be humans? I'm confused as to if you are saying they know they are humans or not lol

And no I dont believe knowing how to talk gives them their memories back or any knowledge of how to do things they used to know how to do. I think you're putting too much stock into the ability to communicate as meaning they are supposed to be able to do a lot more.

11. Neuropyramidal

lol. Yeah they gained the ability to speak in syntax but somehow without memory of any life before that.So somehow they gained that specific knowledge yet nothing else.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

Ok you're not really making sense. Are you saying the evolving walkers would know they are human or not? In one post you said yes then I commented about it then you said no then I commented about it then you said yes lol I'm confused

13. Neuropyramidal

I'm sorry I can't help you. You want to believe walkers talking in Syntax would not understand they shouldn't just meander. Good luck.

14. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

Lol ok I guess you're just as confused about what you're saying as I am. Agree to disagree about Eugene making sense. I think it makes perfect sense from what he knows and has seen. You dont. Cool.

15. Neuropyramidal

Cool.

16. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Wow, deep discussion. Love it.

My take is that Eugene was injured, exhausted and absolutely freaked out so his logic wasn't functioning normally.

Had the Whisperer incident happened to someone else, someone who then returned to Alexandria and informed Eugene, he would have probably sussed it out.

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line. When you hear hooves, you think horses, not zebras. Eugene would have known the simplest answer is the correct one: the dead don't evolve, ergo something else is at play.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I agree that Eugene was not at top of his game. His analytical skill was turned off.

BTW, there is something strange too. I think, for a large herd in previous encounters, walkers did get distracted by sounds and stray off course. For example, when Rick led the large herd away and then the truck horn blew in ASZ, many walkers began to walk off course rather than following the leading walkers.
    So, even if the Whisperers are leading a herd by walking in the front, some (and perhaps many) should stray off and walk toward Daryl's firecrackers. But none did that.
    Maybe this is a plot hole?

18. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

^^^Perhaps, but the Rick herd you're referring to was enormous by comparison, and much more likely to have unexpected variables like break-offs.

19. Sully

Sully Active Member

Agree. I could definitely see Eugene quoting Occam's Razor, in that the simplest explanation is often the most likely. Every scientist knows this.

But in Eugene's defense he was pretty traumatized and scared, and adrenaline/endorphins probably had him thinking not so clearly. Plus I mean he made sense in that their brains are alive.

All in all I think it was just a cheap ploy to get the fans who are completely oblivious to the comic storyline to completely buy into the whole "evolving zombies" theory, only to swerve them 5 minutes later with the big reveal.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

Yea I actually felt they should've had Eugene and Rosita discuss this last episode and then Rosita goes to the communities and talks to everyone about this theory. Maybe then you could have the other throw out other theories or try to dispute this one but Rosita keeps telling them the walkers talked and they really can't land on any theory that makes sense to them. I feel then it would've gave fans more time to think about the theory.

• Like Like x 1