Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I've just stopped caring...

Discussion in 'Episode 404 - Indifference' started by APieceofMind, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

People keep telling me to watch that, but I'm not big on that type of fantasy..

2. Porfivor Nixon

A bit over-dramatic, don't you think?

3. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

It's sort of a TWD parallel. It's fantasy but it focuses on people and relationships. Fantasy is there though of course. It's brilliantly acted and directed.
    I loved season 3. Of course i'm a massive fantasy fan and book fan lol.

4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The apex of the show for me was Season 2 Episode 9, with the attack on King's Landing. I thought that was one of the very best single episodes of any show I've seen on TV.

I understand they are drawing the show from the books, but it just felt as if they bit off more than they can chew in season 3, which took on too many characters and became a bit meandering and unfocused.

Peter Dinklage though is brilliant and steals every scene he's in.

5. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

this is off topic so i'm gonna move the talk. i'll mention you.

6. APieceofMind

APieceofMind New Member

and by the way, no. I don't know how you came to that conclusion... I am, however implying that they shouldn't try to appeal to our emotions in such a cheap way by killing off characters because they lack some good plots... I feel that's what they are doing, as in the first season it seemed like everything is possible and I couldn't wait to get to see that world, now I just don't care :)

7. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

No.

8. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

You went out of way to post this and make an account on a fan forum. And then reply to this a week later. You care more than you think obviously.

9. APieceofMind

APieceofMind New Member

Can't you see I'm lamenting? I've loved it in the beginning, which can still make me a fan... You know if they made The Godfather 4 and it sucked I would still be a Godfather fan :)

10. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Guest stars are just that... guest stars...

11. mineking1

mineking1 New Member

Carol's evolution... explained, I hope

Highway234, You have some excellent points. But while Carol is harder to define than Shane, her motivations are laid out. She's come from being a beaten woman to being a healer and serious contributor to the group. But she's never had a clear sense of right and wrong (or how to act on those decisions). The problem for everyone was that Rick made all the decisions straight past his breakdown after Lori's death. When he came apart, so did logic, decision making, and compassion --i.e., kicking out Sasha's group, who would be a good addition as foragers, survivors, etc.

If we look at Carols evolution in the vacuum of Rick's insanity. She stepped up when he became unable to make the hard decisions. She didn't step up in the right way (knife lessons, killing K & D). These weren't good choices because she didn't have a foundation for making good choices, but they were decisions that someone had to make... and no one was making them.

12. Paul N

Paul N New Member

Many I talk to that still watch TWD say that they watch it still because most of what is on these days are crap. Most are no longer hooked on it like they were in season 1-3.

What they all agree on is, they don't like spoilers, they don't like the time put into recaps at the beginning of each episode and have very strong feeling about the amount of commercials.

Funny, I only know 1 person who watches The Talking Dead.

13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I LOVE the commercials.

14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have strong feelings about bay leaf

15. Paul N

Paul N New Member

of course you do