Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Wow was this episode drawn out

Discussion in 'Episode 911 - Bounty' started by lastcat3, Feb 25, 2019.

1. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

This episode was a clear example of why they need to cut down the episode count for each season down to about 10.

Basically what happened in the comic that translated to this episode was Alpha shows up asking for her daughter. THey immediately trade (there was no weird running off together filler) the Whisperers give their two prisoners back and they part ways with Alpha simply advising them to stay out of their borders. They turned basically about ten minutes of story into an hour long episode.

They could have easily just had Henry and Daryl go and scope out the Whisperers during this episode as well but since they need 16 episodes they have to save all that for later.

2. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Even though I agree 100% about the drawn out episode, I feel like I've read at least 1658 posts from you where you demand for fewer episodes per season!!

[​IMG]

I think we got it. ;-)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

So no matter what the producers do, it's never right.
    Especially since it didn't match those precious comics.
    Content which should have been enclosed in spoiler tags.

4. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I don't want it to follow the comics a 100 percent but it also traditionally is at its worst when it tries to make stuff up conpletely on its own.

Basically so far this season even though there have been a lot of new character deaths they basically have just been swapping different characters in to play out comic scenes.

5. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I agree it was drawn out but I don't think the show would be anywhere near as good with only 10 episodes. They could've just mixed in some Alexandria storyline or something to take up time this episode. They have plenty of story to tell for 16 episodes

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

What you seem to be missing is not everybody reads the comics, there are those of us out there who can appreciate the element of surprise. I particularly dislike the fact that certain viewers keep pulling the comics into this even if the show follows, all too often it is folks like you who spoil it for the rest of us.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Not a comic reader, I had no idea this was drawn out but I thought watching Hilltop's first face to face interactions with Alpha to be riveting. I enjoyed how the various characters reacted to the situation. I also loved the scenes of Carol, Zeke and co. Retrieving the motion picture projection bulb for the fair.
    The hour went by fast for me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Me too. Again another great episode.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

I've been reading the comics since day one. This last episode was over before I realized it. I even recall thinking to myself "Damn that's it?" and it left me wanting more.

I don't really like to post contrary to people's opinions as everyone's entitled to their say but just wanted to disagree with that it's clear they need to do less episodes. I for one want more episodes.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

There's no forum if you don't go against some people's opinions, don't worry about it. And even though I moan and I'm a lot more harsh on TWD than some, I agree with you on this. The mid-season and Summer breaks are way too long for me, I'd take more episodes too, even if it's to complain a little more!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

It's called a story...

Maybe you should dvr it, put it on mute, play "Yackity Stacks" from Benny Hill and fast forward the show until it gets to the part you wanna see.

I thought the episode was great!

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

This episode was maybe a bit slow, but I enjoyed it.
    The Alpha stuff with the baby and Lydia...that woman terrifies me. What an actress!
    I would love longer seasons with smaller breaks between the two halves. It would give them time to go into a bit more character study without us feeling like they need to move things along more quickly to fit it all in.
    I loved the scenes with the folks from the Kingdom.
    It did, however, give me the feeling that really bad stuff is headed straight for them.
    They got a big win for group morale which made me feel like big losses are on the horizon. I'm worried for Ezekiel. And they better not kill off Jerry!
    Overall, I liked the episode.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Lolly9266

Lolly9266 New Member

While I have so say that I prefer Carol with short hair, it implies that she doesn't feel safe enough to grow it out. I, too, got the bad feeling that The Kingdom isn't long for this world and that we might see Carol with short hair again by the end of the season. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I liked the medium length hair in the mini flashback.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Me too! Let’s hope it goes to that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I can't get used to Carol with that hair. I get why she did it, but....
    Ezekiel was so happy and positive about the fair and their future with the other communities.
    Makes me worry that he's about to take a hard fall.
    Carol could certainly take over if the worst happens, but it sounds like the Kingdom is struggling.
    Ezekiel would probably never give it up, but Carol is more practical.
    Could/would the other communities absorb them? Tara and Daryl would most likely help, but it doesn't look like Michonne would.
    Where the hell is Oceanside in this?

• Like Like x 1