Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Lori Grimes

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by KPandoraStar, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Stuff&Thangs

Stuff&Thangs Well-Known Member

But Dale was most certainly cooler than Shane...

[​IMG]

2. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

Well duh, Shane's just too hot to handle. ;)

[​IMG]

3. Stuff&Thangs

[​IMG]

4. DietWater

[​IMG]

5. Walkindeadchick

Walkindeadchick Well-Known Member

6. Walkindeadchick

7. Walkindeadchick

8. Walkindeadchick

9. Walkindeadchick

10. Walkindeadchick

11. Stuff&Thangs

12. pafjlh

pafjlh New Member

I was no fan of Laurie either although I never could understand all the hate toward the character. Yes there were times when she grated on my nerves, but some carrying on about the infidelity is something that I can't stand behind. Now I know that technically she did commit infidelity then tried to cover it up. It was the cover up that bothered me the most not the act. After all, Laurie trully thought Rick was dead, this is the way it was written and i have no reason not to believe that she thought this. The world went crazy there was Shane and she turned to him. For me this is something that could hapen, but why she chose to keep it from Rick floored me, instead of just telling him that there had been someone else but it was over. If she didn't want to name the person it coudl of been explained later that she didn't tell him it was Shane because she didn't want to distroy their friendship. But no she tried to cover it up which I didn't like.

As for the way she treated Shane as some claim coldly. I don't blame her, this is the man who lied to her and told her that her criticially wounded husband had died all so that he could have her for himself. Funny how Laurie gets so much blame from fans but Shane seems to get a free pass from some. To me Shane was just as guilty if not more guilty for lying and saying Rick was dead. But he gets a free pass, even for trying to kill Rick later he gets a free pass. I could never figure this out it takes two to tangle so to speak but Laurie seems to get more of the blame then Shane does. At least that's how I have perceived it.

13. Z_lawyer

Z_lawyer New Member

In the last episode Lori was mentioned few times by Rick and Carl. Carl even talked about "killing his mother" for the first time since long. However, we shouldn't forget that her dead body was never shown and I'm pretty sure at some moment she'll turn out to be alive. Maybe in Alexandria we'll get more clues to her fate.

14. DietWater

Lorisus will return!

15. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

She's alive and she returns! and she'll kill Jessie, this happens on the season finale a reliable source told me

lol

16. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Is anyone watching "Colony," the new show starring SWC and the guy who played Sawyer on "Lost"? I find Sarah to be very attractive, so I was all in for the eye candy. Turns out I actually like the show itself. She's fierce and fearless. And Sarah definitely has the "post-apocalyptic woman doing anything to save the people she loves" down to a T.

17. deadforever1

deadforever1 New Member

I felt bad for Shane when she gave him the cold shoulder and then told Shane he was doing the same when they were looking for Sophia.
    Tossed aside and then ran to Rick, so not to suspect anything was going on.

18. deadforever1

deadforever1 New Member

I dont think he was more guilty than she, however, either he just summed up that Rick could be dead( he blocked the door in the hospital) or out of convenience, He wanted what Rick had.Family, wife,etc.

An opportunist and saw a way in.it could be either way.

19. rhizin

rhizin Member

I watched the series just recently, and no, I didn't like Lori from the start either. But she was set up this way. I think she is just an unsatisfied country housewife, blaming everyone else and especially Rick for the life she has even before the apokalypse. They seem to have reached that point in their marriage where at least she is asking herself if there isn't something more out there besides kids and house, where most of the communication is lost and they live basically serperate lifes. Maybe Shane looked quite interesting to her even before Rick got shot. I think this is a big plus for the series, because it is real. It doesn't show some perfect couple being thrown into madness, but normal people with normal, common problems. It was also interesting that is was Shane Rick remembered being in the hospital, not Lori. Another clue that there was something off with their relationship for a long time. The zombies safed their marriage for a bit by forcing them back together for a while, but it wouldn't have lasted even if she hadn't died. She would have remembered all the things she didn't like about their relationship sooner or later, and it would have went downhill again, Shane or no Shane. The way she treated Shane on the other hand was simply mean. I think he really believed Rick was lost, he decided that for himself after not seeing a chance to get him out of the hospital. And it WAS highly unlikely - we don't know to this day how he survived without care or how much time really elapsed (60 days is really unlikely, more like two weeks or so - but the whole timeline is a bit off at that point). If she had an eye on Shane from the start, that would explain how fast she switched to him, being basically not exactly heartbroken that Rick was out of the way. She seems to be the kind of woman who wants something from a man, but doesn't say what she wants and the blaming the man she doesn't get it. When Rick shows up, she is blaming Shane. Earlier she blames Rick for what she thinks wrong with her life instead of doing something and working on the relationship. It is all about her. When she said Carl might be better off dead, what she really meant was that she would be better off without the responsibility of having to raise a child under the circumstances. Would be so much easier without him. Maybe it is not what she conciously thought, but it is what lies behind the statement.
    So I don't like her as a person, but I like the choice the writers made to include imperfect characters like that. They are not supposed to be likeable, they are supposed to be real people handling an impossible situation and making decisions based on that realistic characterization. So sometimes the decisions they make will be stupid, or selfish, or cruel.

#319 rhizin, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. rhizin

rhizin Member

addendum: One has just to compare the sex scene with Shane in the wood and the later one with Rick in the tent. Lori can't wait to play ambush games with Shane and going at it. Definetly not the grieving wife just wanting to be comforted. Compare how she reacts to much gentler Rick, who came back after being believed dead. First asking if he wants his marriage ring back (how would that even be a question in an intact relationship) and then barely reacting at all. Like she is merely enduring him being back. Not exactly the wife happy about her husbands return from the dead. She seems to enjoy Shanes aggressive style much more - and that doesn't come over night. So I think she definetly at least hoped for an affair with him before the ZA, even if it didn't happen yet. As soon as boring old husband was out of the picture, on she goes. Maybe rationalizing it to herself as "being alone".