Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

BO3 Multiplayer Energy weapons coming to Black ops 3

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 3' started by jamiew23, Apr 11, 2015.

1. jamiew23

jamiew23 Member

Do you think Black ops 3 will have energy weapons too?

I'm not a huge fan of them on Advanced warfare, compared to the Bal and ASM1 they lack behind and seem to just be in the game to look pretty and add something new.

Would you want them to be in Black ops 3?

2. MsWatchYourSix

MsWatchYourSix New Member

They will probably make an appearance since it will be kinda futuristic. I don'the use them in Advanced Warfare now, so it really doesn't matter to me.

3. jamiew23

jamiew23 Member

I mostly play online and the energy weapons are super underpowered! They look cool and everything but I think that's the only reason for them being in the game. I think it's a start but they need working on to a bit more balanced.

4. AFKATafcar codf

They will more than likely make an appearance, though I don't care either way. If they bother you, then don't use them. otherwise, plenty of people are going to use them just because they seem "cool". To each their own.

5. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

in cod-aw classic mode rarely do i see energy weapons if not at all.:laser::laser::laser:

6. musky123

musky123 Member

oh sorry is this cod or halo ,these makers are destroying the cod franshise.

7. izjar11

izjar11 Active Member

personally I hope not.

not a fan of the laser wars theme.

8. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

Campaign, sure.

Multiplayer? No.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hoggsynator

Hoggsynator Well-Known Member

I hope not.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MERCURYSB3

it seems that the developers are gearing these new games to a younger generation of players.any chance that the PC police may be putting preasure on these developers to switch weapons to lazer because a lazer weapon is not as threating as a bullet weapon..?:laser::laser::laser:

11. Hoggsynator

You have probably hit the nail on the head there my friend.
    Sometimes i feel like the older generation of gamers are being pushed towards PC gaming more and more............Which some people may argue that its not a bad thing.

I PC game now and again, but with my family getting bigger by the year, i prefer to just jump on a console put the disk in and play without worrying about errors with no meaning or a graphic card i bought 3months ago which is now not powerful enough.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TitanDolphin1

TitanDolphin1 New Member

SInce Black Ops 3 is set in the future similar to Advanced Warfare I believe that energy weapons will be more plentiful in this game. But I think we'll still have a lot of guns like the ASM1 and the Bal since those are guns that mostly everyone loves. It would be pretty interesting seeing a Call of Duty with only energy weapons.

13. MERCURYSB3

i can see this happening, no bullet weapons in FPS games.with the bullet weapons gone and just "star wars" type weapons less chance of on line FPS games getting blamed every time some nut ball goes out and kills a bunch of people.been useing energy weapons in COD-AW kinda reminds me of video games in the 90's.:twitch::twitch::twitch:

14. Hoggsynator

Yes I can also see this happening, but its not all bad, in my opinion some the best weapons I've used in FPS are from the future.
    I could pick 4/5 weapons from Unreal tournament for example that I would love to see in COD. (Not the same, but variations)

And on another note, I do hope they think about TTK, if we are all having these exo type suits and special abilities, energy weapons etc, surely our armour will be stronger and more resistant, I think the TTK should at least be double that of AW, this will then bring the skill gap slightly wider than the recent instalments of the COD franchise. (Which MAY bring back some of the old school gamers)

I mean look how sexy this sniper rifle is:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. W0nderWhite

W0nderWhite New Member

That is a very sexy sniper rifle.
    Hopefully there aren't any energy weapons they seem a bit cliched. I'm all for energy equipment though. Energy shields that act like trophy systems and the like would be cool

16. MoneyFiend

MoneyFiend New Member

I'm hoping the Call Of Duty franchise goes back to the way it was before the overhyped rushed releases. Advanced Warfare was pushing it and I believe many have abandoned the series for this very reason. I wouldn't be suprised if energy weapons made an appearance in this release.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MrAmazingMan1

MrAmazingMan1 Member

I hope not, I think that is a little too futuristic for me to buy, we don't need another Halo

• Like Like x 1
  18. ghostlyfear

ghostlyfear Member

I like this new feature, I mean fresh implementations are needed in such game because CoD is becoming way and way too repetitve.

19. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

While those are some pretty big changes I have to agree with MrAmazingMan1 here. Sure, CoD needs some innovative features but this is something that doesn't fit the game IMO.