Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Will Black Ops III Be Good?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 3' started by Kazam420, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Kazam420

Kazam420 Active Member

This guy brings up many good points with evidence that shows the problems one of our beloved franchises have been plagued with since the release of Black Ops II. The first 30 minutes are definitely worth it. Activision has ****ed over this game and has deliberately portrayed previous installments as being on a brand new engine. Please do this community a favor and do NOT pre-order Black Ops III.

Wait until it comes out, I guarantee you it will at least get a 7.5 from every single major game reviewing website. This series needs a major change if it's going to stay alive because it has been dropping in sales since Ghosts. I had Ghosts for a week, Advanced Warfare for two days before I returned them. Do not buy in to BOIII's hype.

The videos we've seen only showcase most likely scripted combat and events, there's not in depth gameplay that we've seen and the game will probably go the way of AW or Ghosts, the community will get pissed, we'll get noobs on this forum bitching and moaning as per usual and it'll be the same shit since the creation of this wonderful community back in MW3. From what I've seen of BOII, it does look like a fun game, but we haven't played it yet. We don't know if there's weapons like the UMP45 in MW2, or the dual wield auto-pistols in MW3.

Don't fall for the shiny new mechanics, the wall running, new killstreaks, this will show Activi$ion the community is sick of their shit and they'll have to actually revamp the series. Which is what CoD needs. It's running on a almost two decades old engine.

I fell for Destiny's hype hard. Paid $100 for the vanilla game and DLC I didn't even play. Do not pre-order. Please. You'll do the gaming industry a huge favor and it will help games as a whole. That being said, BOIII could be good. All I ask is do not fall for the hype. Thanks for reading.

• Like Like x 2
  2. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

this stuff has to be for new gamers. us oldies ain't the market they are caring about. what ever these games are offering i guess we ain't seeing it..still MW3 and MW2 primitive but fun as hell.:love::love::love:

3. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

i agree with this guy 100% but,you could not get any 12 to 18 year noob to even sit down and listen yet understand what really is going on in this game and thats the market that will buy millions.Driftor is a lap dog for COD he does have a ton of info but still really a voice for COD players not to bring back their games and give COD a bad name.nothing will change and we wil never see any new game that is "old school" :bored::bored::bored:

4. Hoggsynator

Hoggsynator Well-Known Member

Yeah I listen to all this guys stuff on youtube, he talks a lot of sense.

A lot of the mainstream youtubers (ALi A, Nate, and so forth) said that Ghosts was a good game when playing it early.....

5. Kazam420

Kazam420 Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. WhoisJohnGalt

WhoisJohnGalt New Member

To be fair for those who claimed that Ghosts was good when it initially came out, there is always a honeymoon period for any game, especially COD as most people are usually thinking about the problems of the prior game when the new one comes out rather than the issues that have yet to be fully discovered of the new game (such as Ghosts).

Also nowadays there is almost no incentive to pre-order when one can just wait for reviews and digitally download on day 1, even if it took getting burned by watch dogs for me to learn that.

7. mooray

mooray New Member

I bet it will be good especially the zombie story-line. Plus, there are new multi-player features added. Although, I hope the 4 multi-player won't make the game easy. I love a challenging game.

8. MrAmazingMan1

MrAmazingMan1 Member

Maybe if they sold maybe 90% of the game instead of 40% at the release for $60 I would love it so much more! I guess they are only using this extra year to only improve their DLC, which is a shame, hopefully Treyarch can turn things around

9. MoneyFiend

MoneyFiend New Member

The franchise has gone from quality games to overly hyped up, rushed releases in my opinion. I am unsure to even consider buying the next release. As the series grows further in the wrong direction I would imagine conversions to the battlefield series will rise.

10. ZomBie Kowz

ZomBie Kowz New Member

I think cod has lost its way. When it first came out it lead the way in new ideas and ways things could happen but now they are just redressing tried junk. AW is just halo with different colors and BO3 looks like titanfall with out robots. We have always expected more from cod then other games but recent titles have forgotten what built cod and our communty. I have my preorder in and will play the beta but if it is a rip off of titan fall or drops from the level of game play BO2 had I wont make an AW mistake again. I will transfer my preorder to Fallout 4 and play better old cod titles with the backwards ability xbox is releaseing and watch cod join the dinosaurs in history because niether could adapt

• Like Like x 1
  11. MrAmazingMan1

MrAmazingMan1 Member

Spot on, I couldn't have said it better myself.

12. MrAmazingMan1

MrAmazingMan1 Member

I like the extra added year but I fell as though they aren't utilizing it to really change the game! I most likely won't buy the next one. It's a shame to see such a famous franchise has gone down the drain.

13. SMG

SMG Member

I keep hearing people say BO3 wont be as bad as AW because of the exo suit (boost jumping).......well I don't want to burst your bubble of excitement but BO3 has wall running, nothing older COD games had !
    this means you can still get to locations on the map by wall running that in older COD games you could not or you'd have to take the long route to get there.
    though with wall running it might just take you 1/2 - 1 second longer to get there vs having a exo suit. so is there really that much difference then ? ;)

OMG you got shot in the back in AW, I have news for you....you still got shot in the back in all the older COD's from people camping in buildings/alley ways/etc...when you re-spawned or ran out in the open or they just followed you.
    are you really that FN shocked this happens ? nothing is new, get over it !
    don't blame the new game that might offer a new different style of play to COD, while the same old style of playing COD will always happen & re-spawns will NEVER be ideal to you !
    re-spawns....you want random = you still piss an moan because its random and too random all over the map /getting shot in the back/ not more on your team side of map//etc....
    you get less random re-spawns = you piss an moan about being spawned at same locations and getting picked off by campers.

sometimes theres serenity in all the chaos ;)

the little bit I learn everyday about BO3, the more I lean towards refusing to buy it ! and wait for MW3 on XB1 backwards compatibility :cool: & be content with MW3 & AW until COD reverts back to non-futuristic games, though I'll buy AW2 if it comes out ( I don't have nor play halo, titanfall or any other futuristic games so AW was a different game that I learned to like..)

14. mooray

mooray New Member

I don't know why but most franchise keep getting worse and worse rather than better. Even in movies.

15. ghostlyfear

ghostlyfear Member

I've played it and I liked it honestly. Better for sure than the others to BO and it looks promising. I hope that the future improvements will be as good as the game is.

16. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Agreed. But I will still buy it and play it all day long. Some times I wish I could go back and experience the franchise as a complete newbie.

17. drspaniel

drspaniel New Member

I watched the video you provided and I must agree with everything he says. I'm actually a fan of the Call of Duty series, but I admit that it does seem that every new addition fails to address the issues that former games faced. The problems are only magnified when you play Call of Duty on PC. I have never played a full game of Call of Duty on PC without significant lag and other issues that have made it almost unplayable. On the consoles, I've always felt that Call of Duty is a highly enjoyable game, with occasional issues that can sometimes ruin your kill-streak. Personally, I am leaning towards the Battlefield series despite its many flaws and issues. At least with the Battlefield games the issues are resolved after a few months of being noticed by players and the lag is infrequent or unnoticeable. Additionally, the graphics of the Battlefield games has far outweighed Call of Duty for a long time, but as you know graphics is by no means as important as the game functionality. It just so happens that Battlefield trumps Call of Duty there too.

I occasionally go back to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare just to relive the memory of a decent Call of Duty game. Black Ops 2 is another favourite of mine and generally the performance is flawless.

18. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

If they continue on the same line BO3 will be at least decent, at least from what I've seen on Twitch and various Youtube channel. The game looks okay, they just have to not mess up and continue improving.

19. izjar11

izjar11 Active Member

You tell gamers not to fall for Activision and their money making strategies and sales tactics but cite some youtuber as an example of truth?

No offense but thats hypocritical.

"he videos we've seen only showcase most likely scripted combat and events, there's not in depth gameplay that we've seen and the game will probably go the way of AW or Ghosts, the community will get pissed"

This I agree with, people believe the marketing as if it will resemble what actual gamers do in the game and during the matches. Which is never the same.

Now, as a VET of the series, every year every game, there are complaints, about this and that. The oldest can be "camping"

Ghost had that very quick TTK which slower players enjoyed, and people complained.

AW had the movement based game, which people complained.

Cough....Bo3 will have complaints about anything and everything.

When we buy games we do so at our own risks, period.