Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Latest on Lauren

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Dnae, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Though neither of these articles offer up anything concrete, they do afford a wee room to exhale a collective sigh before we take another breath and hold.

In an interview with some show called Busy Tonight Lauren had this to say in regard to TWD:

And on the subject of whether she misses it she dropped a big bombshell.
    She announced: “I do, but I'm not done.
    ”I’m not done. We're hoping we go back. Just trying to live in the unknowing."

A bit vague but it seems that the door remains open.

The other bit of news is from TV by the Numbers. They have this rating scale and they call it the "cancel bear" the more bear emojis a show has the more likely it is to be renewed (scale of 1-5 bears. I do not know why it is bears. I don't make the rules I just report the news ;)).

Anyway, as it stands TV by the Numbers has Whiskey Tango Alpha Male Foxtrot standing at 3 bears which according to their bear guide puts the shows renewal at a toss up right now. I think this is only after 2 episodes. They are giving it a couple more episodes before they give it a firm bear count.
    https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/renewcancel/cancel-bear-vs-abc-week-23-2018-19/

So since some viewers may have watched its post-Oscars premiere, and then decided to skip its re-airing the following Wednesday, it is possible “Whiskey Cavalier’s” numbers will go up in the coming weeks. With all that being said though, a 0.7 live + same day rating among adults 18-49 just isn’t enough to make “Whiskey Cavalier” a likely renewal right out of the gate.

The Bear is calling it a tossup for now, and is leaving room for some possible improvements in its next few episodes. But the Bear will be keeping a close eye on it from here on out – especially with it already being dangerously close to likely cancellation territory.

1. Am I a horrible person for hoping the show is cancelled?

2. This bear scale has me concerned. Why bears? What is wrong with stars? Or thumbs up? Since when does the number of bears illustrate a level of success?

• Winner Winner x 3
  2. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Yes, you are a horrible person for wanting Maggie back. Let her be.
    (never liked her)

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Did I say I wanted her back?
    [​IMG]

actually

While her absence is not a bone of contention for me I would be happy to welcome her back into the fold.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. NakedCity

That post was perfect like that!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I cannot tell a lie!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I still don't *think* she'll come back, but damn I hope she does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Carl and Maggie weren't my favorite chars, but having them gone ****ing succckkks. I just hope Lauren comes back for the sake of not using scenes where they just mention her and we know why she's not there. I would laugh so hard though if they recasted her

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

If they did that the show would really tank.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

It feels like the powers behind TWD universe are aware their actors are in high demand and are trying to work around it by branching off into other ways of telling the story. The show is very high demand, taking something like 6 months to film a season. While the actors don't need to be on set for 6 months straight, they obviously spend a lot of time in Georgia.

Andrew wanted off because of the schedule, so they created his exit and planned three movies for him. So they can continue his story without forcing him to be away from his family for 6 months out of the year.

Danai has a full schedule, so it seems that's why she wants "off" the show and it sounds like she will show up in the Rick movies.

We have had these contract issues with Lauren, which is understandable and she has other work.

Given that the announced (leaked?) contract for Norman and Melissa stipulates their contract allows them to appear in other forms of the universe as well. I think that's where they are taking the story.

Instead of just having 16 episodes to tell the story, they will branch off into smaller series or movies to continue the overall story. All the while keeping the 16 episode series going. It could make for better story telling. Allowing the show to focus on the communities and slightly lesser number of characters, while the movies and other off shoots focus on the rest of the characters. All connected, it would be a large story told over different formats.

It would make sense to do it that way. I mean if we look at each episode as it's own story, many of them focusing on just a few characters. Yet the next episode might tell a different story, the whole time each episode is like a piece of a larger puzzle, all connected to tell a larger story. This would be the same thing, just we would have 16 episodes, plus some movies, and maybe even mini-series.

10. NakedCity

They better revamp their writing staff, they have a hell of a hard time as it is!

11. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Whiskey Cavalier will end up getting renewed most likely. It's ratings actually increased from its first episode to its second. That hardly ever happens yet it did with this show.

If the ratings stay steady or increase again for its third episode count on Lauren most likely never coming back to TWD for anything other than a potential cameo. If WC gets canceled after a second or third season she will most likely get another gig on network television (or one of the streaming service sites where they are investing a lot of money towards).

#11 lastcat3, Mar 9, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  12. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Whiskey Cavalier gets renewed. It doesn't look like the kind of show that I'd watch, but I've seen a lot of comparisons to Castle and Bones. It could fill the void those shows left behind.

13. Josef.Kerr

Josef.Kerr New Member

I suppose it could be a stock market reference, as in a bear market is bad for investors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Aka a black hole

• Like Like x 1
  15. Noelle

Noelle New Member

If this show gets cancelled it’s because of Scott Gimple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. PepperAnn

Ugh I am so sick of hearing this. Lol

Although I am annoyed with what he has done with the show too.........Jesus....give it a rest. Lookin at you @Rapscallion :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

If Whiskey Delta Alpha Omega King Charles Cavalier gets cancelled it is somehow Scott Gimple's fault....
    [​IMG]

I'm pretty upset about The Punisher being cancelled. At least now I know who to lay the blame at the feet of....
    • Jon Bernthal was once an actor on The Walking Dead. Jon Bernthal's series is cancelled. Blame Gimple
    • Lauren Cohan was once an actor on The Walking Dead. Lauren Cohan's new series runs an ever so slight risk of cancellation. Blame Gimple.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Active Member

Gimple is slowly becoming showbiz' new whipping boy!!

As for the Whiskey Collapser show, the previews give off some weird, rom-com vibe. Maggie was a decent character. And for a show not too centered on eye-candy, she was definitely up there along with, Rosita. But, after the time-skip and the simple explanations offered up for her character's absence, I feel largely apathetic about her no longer being around all the time.
    And hey, there's always a grown, Herschel Rhee to look forward to with another time-skip save. Carry the torch and say Maggie finally bit the big one due to all the loss she suffered.

19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

This is pretty much where I am. I call it the "shmeh" area ;)

YET the latest prediction from the so called cancel bear entity is that it is not looking good for Lauren's attempt at headlining her own show.

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/renewcancel/cancel-bear-vs-abc-week-27-2018-19/

Interesting note about the (O) that is shown in the table:
    (O) – Owned: All other things equal, shows owned by studios affiliated with their networks have a better shot at renewal than those from outside producers.

And that above notation is not listed for Whiskey Cavalier.

I assume that the writers have been putting the figurative pen to paper for The Walking Dead season 10 since at least January. Maybe not actual scripts at that time but at the very least outlines.

The hammer will not fall on network shows until probably some time in May. Should WC end up being cancelled that of course leaves the door open for Lauren's return to TWD to be a bit easier both in regard to time and logistics. BUT will the story that has been outlined since January (assumption of course) and several scripts of season 10 written (again assumption) have been done so to accommodate her return? Or could it be that AK has held off any episodes that Maggie may appear in until the question of renewal is answered, thereby allowing her wiggle room as to just how much Maggie will play a role in season 10?

All of this ultimately hinges on the fate of WC and at this point it is really a toss up as to which direction the network will choose to go.

These questions and more to be answered on the next episode of "How the TV Show Renewal Watch Turns"

#19 Dnae, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. PepperAnn

Weird thing for me is the fact that I really thought Maggie and Rick's absence would be a glaring scar on the subsequent episodes, but they really haven't. At all. :oops:

• Agree Agree x 3