Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

American Gods

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Dnae, Aug 13, 2018.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I'll be recording it for viewing whenever I can as I'm not able to access my dish shows in the evenings anymore but I'm thrilled that we won't have to wait too long for season 2. Starz will probably be airing it after season 4 of Outlander concludes. It's been a great season so far and I'm anticipating season two of Gods will be great too.

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. purriwinkle

Hubs picked me up the DVD of season one so I'm gonna rewatch to make sure I'm up to speed but the episodes were so vivid (for me) that they're rather stamped indelibly in my mind. Still gonna rewatch, I'm just going to invite Hubs to watch along with me.

4. purriwinkle

Finished my re-watch of season one. Again I was struck by the witty dialogue, the acting, the visual effects and even the sound track! This show is on a different plane altogether. I've never read the source material but wow! Not to mention there's nothing funnier than the Dead Wife and Mad Sweeney road trip.

I was especially struck by the making of the show (there were extras at the end of the last DVD) and what went on from cinematography to casting with interviews of cast members about their characters, and behind the scenes looks i.e.did you ever wonder how they filmed the scene in the beginning where Belquist sucks that man up her Vee-jay? The bed was built with a trap door that he slid down through and camera angles. That might have been obvious to some but I thought it was fascinating. Now I'm torn As to which recorded show I'll watch first......TWD or American Gods. Decisions, decisions...

5. tink

tink Well-Known Member

You can watch both, can't you? American Gods is on an hour before TWD.

6. purriwinkle

Actually, I discovered that season 2 episode 1 is airing at 11:00 cause they're running a marathon of season one. At least that's what my set showed. At any rate both shows are being recorded so I'll watch TWD at 9.....am watching TWD right now. Thanks

#26 purriwinkle, Mar 10, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  7. purriwinkle

Yeah, from now on it seems the air time is 8:00. It's all good.

8. purriwinkle

Saw the season two opener. Visually stunning as always. It would seem that war's on but seriously, do the old Gods have any sort of a chance? I found the House on the Rock fascinating. Had never heard of it before but now it's on my bucket list of places I have to visit. Poor Laura...getting a bit ripe there.

9. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I've heard of the House on the Rock, but never thought much about it until the show last night. I might have to drive over and check it out now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. purriwinkle

This show is so deep and thought provoking, IMO. There is so much dialogue, I swear it’s as close to reading a book as you’ll get on TV. My question from this week’s epi is, and I don’t think this is a spoiler since they’re hinting all around it is ,is Shadow a Demi God? Who’s his dad? Don’t make me wait for the answer, lol. Put it in spoiler tags if you know the answer.

11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I WISH I knew the answer because after watching episode 2 yesterday that is what I am beginning to think

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Newtbro

Newtbro Member

Haven't really seen the show. How good is it, generally speaking?

13. purriwinkle

It
    It’s excellent but you need to start with season one. The good news is is that we’re just beginning season two.

14. purriwinkle

I was rewatching S02E02 and was wondering if the guy torturing Shadow is the actor that plays Mayhem in the Allstate commercials? Looks like him.

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yeah one in the same. Name is Dean Winters

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Newtbro

Newtbro Member

Just read a synopsis of the show. It has gods and magic within it, sounds like it could be a real treat.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. purriwinkle

Epi 3 continues dark. Liked Sam Black Crow. Thought the chemistry between her and Shadow was nice. I don’t know about Laura. I think Wednesday has hit the nail on the head when he said her search for Shadow was really about her, not her husband. She’s gotta bit of a new charge there. What will she do with it?
    What’s gonna happen in Cairo? Of course, Mad Sweeney as the luckless leprechaun still cracks me up. Great comic relief.

18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

19. purriwinkle

Interesting. I’ve noticed a definite change in the tone of the program from season one.

I wish I understood more about the “new Gods.” For instance, I have no idea who Argus was and why Wednesday wanted him out of the picture. Take this last episode. I liked how they started with the vignette about how the modern boy was obsessed and grew up to worship technology. Got that. It actually made me uncomfortable as I seem to be on my various links to the internet, or watching television/the big screen more and more. I think I’m actually starting to worship these new Gods even if I don’t completely understand their allure, lol....but I digress.
    I didn’t understand what new media did that so captivated the man that Mr. World decided Tech Boy was obsolete. I hope we get back to Laura . I understand that, lol oh, and I’m wondering if Shadow is Wednesday’s boy.

20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Argus is actually an old god who has now aligned himself with the new gods. The new gods are using him to track Shadow Moon. So Wednesday enlists Laura to kill Argus since it seems he is playing two ends against the middle.

Yeah, I definitely need more Laura and Mad Sweeney time!!

• Informative Informative x 1