Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why I Love The Horror Genre

Discussion in 'Horror Discussion' started by Lewk00t, Feb 3, 2013.

1. steely

steely Well-Known Member

to be honest, i don't know if i can explain why i love horror movies like i do. there's just something about them that i really enjoy...

2. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

I love most of the horror genre too and it is hard to explain why, so I can relate. I just don't care too much for the really dumb horror flicks with people that do stupid things while the slasher guy decimates everyone.

Like finding your friends cutoff head in the fridge and not getting the hell out of there as fast as you can. Then hear a noise in the basement and decide to investigate with only a candle. lol

Sometimes they can be fun if not taken too seriously and then it becomes just a comedy with gore. hahah

3. steely

steely Well-Known Member

That's the way you have to approach horror movies. They're comedies with gore. I can't stand some of the newer ones based on Japanese films. But old school horror movies are great.

4. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Yeah I just prefer the classic horror other than the comedic type slasher stuff. The old school movies are some of the best.

5. obliviousme

obliviousme Member

I think it's because of the thrill we get in watching the characters run for their lives, trying to getaway from the horror that's trying to take their lives. This is kinda stupid, but it's like we're enjoying other people's distress or something. lol I don't know, that's just my observation.

6. Deidre

Deidre Member

Out of all the genres, horror seems to get the audience to participate and not just spectate. lol From being startled, to gasping, to shock, to awe...you can't really just be passive when watching a good horror film. I have a love/hate relationship with the genre though because a really good horror film will cause me not to sleep for a few weeks. :(

7. stellabelly

stellabelly New Member

I love horror because I wanted all the movies action and comedy as well as Drams then i switch to horror movies, Every Sunday I watch movies It is fun day.

8. Newtbro

Newtbro Member

I like horror for the suspense within it. There is little limitation and anything can happen within horror, there are twists and turns with a good plot, usually.

9. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Same. From high end stylistic artsy stuff like Amer (or the giallo films it mimics) to low-value little films, seen (Waxwork) or unseen (Lunatics: A Love Story) and everything in between (the found-footage stuff for example), the horror genre offers a level of creative freedom to its directors that no other genre can.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Newtbro

Newtbro Member

Yeah, gore, mental breakdown and a merciless tone. It is not as PC as most other genres and a lot can be gotten away within it, if done right.