Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Pike Line Up

Discussion in 'Episode 915 - The Calm Before' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Exactly. I don't think we are suppose to have the idea that Alpha attacked them inside the walls and somehow dragged them out. If you think about it logistically, there would be tons of "vehicles" outside the walls, people coming in piecemeal from all three of the other communities. They would have had to set it up like a huge parking lot somewhere outside the walls, because no room for every single wagon, half-car, and things inside where the fair is going on. The vehicles probably are scattered, some even 100s of feet from the gate, and out of sight.

So it would be completely natural for someone like Alpha to say "my party just got in from Alexandria, can you help me carry something in from my wagon?". That type of thing would probably be happening off and on as people arrived. So the majority of people would willingly follow Alpha through the "parking lot" until they couldn't be seen from the wall, and then boom, they are knocked out and dragged away by other whisperers.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Active Member

Could also be the fact that they were in an area that was kind of gun-unfriendly before the ZA. When the group was still in Georgia, there were reloading supplies and such all over the prison before it fell. Being it was in the area it was, I'm guessing ammo was a little easier to find in most spots in addition to actual guns and accessories.

All the easy to get to ammo and firearms supplies in their current area was already scant to begin with. Time to start branching out even further and/or deeper now for those sorts of things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. calliope

calliope Active Member

But they will figure it out as Lydia knew exactly how Alpha was dressed. I wonder if that will be a source of friction between Carol and Ezekiel going forward? Carol wouldn't have been taken in by Alpha's act, but Ezekiel with his trusting nature, was.

4. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I am thinking, maybe, Ezekiel will not escape being piked afterall. When the Ezekiel's group crosses the border in the next episode, I suspect the war will start and Ezekiel will be captured and piked. Just before being killed, Alpha approaches him and introduces herself, ''I...am...Alpha...Deborah... from Alexandria'' and Ezekiel is shocked and those are the last words he hear.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

How awful that would be for Ezekiel, but I don't think Carol would fault him for it. He's never seen Alpha so how could he know?

You may be right about Carol, Alpha pretty much put on the same helpless act Carol did when she got to Alexandria. Even asked for a sweater, lol. I hope Carol is the one to kill her.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I think what I liked most about the pikes line-up was that these deaths (not all, mind you) serve to develop the hell out of certain characters and rely less on killing top-tier characters simply for the sake of shock. Tara fans are obviously very saddened, but these deaths were more shocking because of their ripple effect on the story, which is how most deaths should be.

I'm confident even the red-shirt deaths will have an impact.

For example:

• Like Like x 3
  7. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I think there will be more death in the storm.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I read somewhere that they were trying to get Cyndie to appear in this episode, but due to a schedule conflict they were not able to do it.

I wonder if Cyndie was available if she would play the Oceanside leader or if she would have been attending the fair and die by beheading. Seems strange they didn't arrange an Oceanside death (all four communities lost someone)...unless there is a story there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Makes sense, I was told it was a filming conflict with Pretty Little Liars but yeah I wonder why 0 Oceanside deaths. They coulda killed off Beatrice or something. But I hope this means we will are Oceanside later on or at least hear about them again. Probably S10.

10. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

From youtube, first letters of names.

Alek
    Rodney
    Tara

Ozzie
    Frankie

DJ
    Enid
    Addy
    Tammy Rose
    Henry

Edit: Probably a conincidence. I can also get The Fart Toad.

#70 Lindigo, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 4
  11. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. DeadZedHead

I thought henry was the only one picked for the pike. The rest were targets of opportunity. The barn didn’t look abandoned did it? I thought maybe they were tending to horses and caught off guard. They didn’t look beat up or anything. They were just sitting on the floor. I dont even remember them being tied up. Were they? They might have been surprised, cooperated to try to buy time to come up with a plan. Then the poop hit the fan when Ozzy and DJ ran up. They might have even released them if they hadnt interfered. If they were going to kill them, why would they just sit them in a room waiting if all they needed were their heads. I think in trying to save them, Ozzy and DJ forced their hands.

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Funny, I'm starting to think Ezekiel and Jerry will die in "The Storm" episode.

There were 10 victims (which is alot for one attack) in the comics I saw there were 12 deaths. In the sneak peek for the season finale they focused on one Whisperer with a fresh looking "mask" that looks similar to Jerry and if Jerry is dead then the King can't have been too far from his side.

Maybe they save them for the finale to really deliver a more crushing heartfelt blow to the communties and TWD fans as well.

Just seems kinda odd Ezekiel seemingly escaped that fate vs his comic fate whereas Glen got his brains bashed in with the bat by Negan in the comics and tv.

I'm not a comics guy but it seems too iconic to pass up for the lineup they chose.

14. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Yes they were tied up. If you watch when they showed how they fought some of them were fighting with hands tied. Addy I think were tied behind.

15. DeadZedHead

Tara and Enid popped up pretty quickly. We never see them get out of the ropes or anyone help them. Also the woman with the shovel. I think Tara grabbed a knife off the floor. Enid had one too. I think this has to be a general imagination of event from the crowd and not an exact telling of how it happened.

16. DeadZedHead

Just rewatched. Why was Addy still wearing her glasses?

• Like Like x 1
  17. DeadZedHead

Also i think alpha confirmed that she didn’t plan on killing everyone. When she spoke to Daryl and Michonne, she wiped the blood off her knife and said she ran into trouble, “Unavoidable”.

18. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Rewatching the speech scene at 0:50 in you see them all tied up. Then the rescue came from behind them.

It seems Tara, Tammy Rose, Enid hands were freed up somehow...by whom, how?. The others were tied but were either kicking or jumping around. Possibly they were also working their hands free and just waiting for the right moment.

No idea if Henry was still tied up, he just stood up and stared at Alpha.

Also no idea if Siddiq fought since he wasn't in the scene, which seems to suggest this scene is from his POV.

So I guess that is Siddiq's version of what transpired.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

So we could recognize her. :p

20. DeadZedHead

How did the whisperers know she only had 3 lines all season?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1