Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why leave the Kingdom in a blizzard??

Discussion in 'Episode 916 - The Storm' started by barbell43, Apr 1, 2019.

1. barbell43

barbell43 Member

Maybe I missed an important point, and need to rewatch the episode but>>>The Kingdom has been falling apart and needs to be abandoned, but did they have to leave in the middle of a blizzard? There are buildings and shelter there. It doesn't matter if the pumps don't work. It would make more sense to shelter in place, then leave when the storm passes. They eventually sheltered at the Sanctuary. Which does not have windows. Some one please explain this to me.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

If you remember, they were already on the road when Jerry told Ezekiel that the barometer dropped quickly and a storm was coming.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

@barbell43

My take: I think when they left the Kingdom the weather was thought to be your average run of the mill cold day. They only became aware of impending bad weather once on the road. It was while travelling that Jerry made mention that his barometer was dipping. And I also think it was Michonne who stated that the heavy snow/storm was rather unusual for not only its intensity but also for the time of year.

So I surmised that they left the Kingdom under the notion that while it was cold and light snow they were leaving early enough in the winter season that inclement weather would not yet be a factor.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. barbell43

barbell43 Member

Thank you for responding. I knew I missed something!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Jerry the weatherman - Who knew??? LOL!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Right, they don't have the benefit of Alexa to give them weather reports, so that they can be about 5% more accurate that random chance :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Yuyup that's what happened, mhm, yup

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

He must have a trick knee... However, I can smell snow coming. That's the skier in me.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Neuropyramidal

haha, he was holding a little hand held barometer. It looked like a pocket watch.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Who has a hand-held barometer?!? LOL! (Well, I guess Jerry does.)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Neuropyramidal

You don't have a hand held barometer? Rarely do I leave the house without mine. Just the other day I was at a night club and this lady said "Are you happy to see me, or is that a hand held barometer in your pocket?" and I said "Its a hand held barometer".

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

With the shape that the Kingdom was in, I think that they should have left before Winter even started.
    This was supposed to be 2-3 months after the fair?
    I would have moved everyone before Winter, just in case. The place has been falling apart for awhile now.
    They could have done that with the idea that they could return in the Spring to try and salvage it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I laughed way too hard at this!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Active Member

I thought that group was the last to leave. I'd like to think that there were a few waves of residents here and there that ventured out on their own to the two other communities. Then eventually the final set of Kingdom's holdouts unanimously decided to all jump ship and leave as one.
    As for the draught animals and wagons at the Sanctuary, I'd also like to think that a few red-shirts stayed behind there to look after them. And then head on out once the storms cleared. Sort of like a "Caretaker" force.

• Like Like x 2
  15. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I think Ezekiel expressed guilt over this same point. I think he was telling Michonne how bad he felt about waiting so long to accept what needed to be done or something like that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

the impending fall of the kingdom mustve been apparent for some time.it makes no sense for them to have waited for really crappy weather to leave.
    ok they might've been waiting for the weather to improve but it is against all logic for them to have done what they did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Also, I was surprised that the number of Kingdom people was so small in that convoy. If it was not the last 'wave' but actually the whole community, it could not be more than 30-40 people. If we do not count the kids and children and the elderly, men who can fight must be fewer than 10. A fairly weak force. Not counting the infrastructure of the Kingdom is falling apart, just from a security point of view, the communities do need to combine.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Razorface

Razorface New Member

Hehehe. Just a question or two.... why do you have your hand held barometer in your pocket??
    Where do you put your pocket barometer if all of your pockets are full of hand held barometers?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Neuropyramidal

Why of course, I hang it from the brim of my hat, facing my face, so I can read it at all times.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Just a side note, there was no blizzard when they left and they don't exactly have the luxury of a weather man these days. :p