Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Tips for newbies~ [MUST-READ FOR BEGINNERS!]

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale Guides and Tutorials' started by TeX, Jan 19, 2015.

1. yesJME

yesJME New Member

Some of these tips are good for noobs.

2. Wyldberri

Wyldberri New Member

Thank you for all the help!

3. snoopye

snoopye New Member

i always get snuck up on and ambushed by a group

4. lorenzobrugman

lorenzobrugman New Member

My tips foor newbys?? ---> before playing wath youtube vidio's or if u dont want to ust read this tread

1; rip your shirt get sticks make a bow and arrows

2; make a backpack

3; dont go to large towns loot smaller places

4; get all empty water bottles and food u can hold u wil need them :D

5; DONT TRUST ANY ONE [on a pvp server]

6; if u found bullets dont leave them take them all u can make new bullets at a workbech

7; Visit the wiki some times if u dont know how to craft some items

8; build a base use metel door!

9; stop some times if u hear foot steps or if u think u hear them

10; u are no longer a newby xD

5. lorenzobrugman

lorenzobrugman New Member

if u still dont get it ask some one to help u or visit youtube or the wiki :D

6. BigMuuk

BigMuuk Member

#7 is the golden rule for sure.

7. BigMuuk

BigMuuk Member

Right, purified water is much more useful as a crafting material than a drink. BlackBerry juice gives you hydration and energy.

8. BigMuuk

BigMuuk Member

Just remember that autorun sprints the whole time. Keep am eye on your stamina.

9. Brogamersz

Brogamersz New Member

Best tip I can suggest for newbies is to just play battle royal solo. Quick games and ull learn to survive other peeps which is your main threat.

10. RageQuit

RageQuit New Member

This thread is a life saver! I really thought the game was stupid until I stumbled across these forums.

Now I'm still dying, however I can recover faster. Due to knowing where to look.

11. Reprint

Reprint New Member

1: Find enough cloth to create a satchel. 8 Cloth total is needed. ( Will give you 300 more space )

2: Do not get seen by other players. Use the environment to your advantage. ( Hide in bushes, behind cars, etc. )

3: Always grab bullets that you see on the ground. You can easily dismantle them at any available workbench.

4: Always log out of the game if you are going afk. Hiding in a bedroom that someone might loot is not a good enough spot to leave your computer unoccupied.

5: If you can, become part of a group. This will increase your odds of survival and ability to secure loot.

6: Hold Shift to sprint.

7: If you have a satchel, find a place you would like to make your home. Then get to work on making a shack. ( Any size will do to start off ) Create a door for the shack, and create a furnace. Place your beloved items in the furnace, and create a door code for your shack. ( Why a furnace and not a storage container? - Hackers with ESP can see into bases and see if you have any storage containers. They can not see furnaces. DO NOT PLACE WOOD OR CHARCOAL IN THE FURNACE. YOU RISK BURNING ALL OF YOUR PRECIOUS GEAR)

8: Click the report button at the bottom left of the screen to report a suspicious player. If you know that they are hacking, try to take a screen shot of their name using the F12 key. Then send it to the email that is listed on the first post of this forum page. In the email, list their name, the server name, and the screenshot. Give a brief description of what happened as well.

9: Players like to jump around to avoid being hit. Predict this movement by "leading" the target. This is done by setting the cross hair a little ahead of the enemy's direction. For example, if someone is running to the left, and they are 100 meters from me, I am going to be shooting in front of them. This way, they run into the bullets. ( Bullet drop exists in this game, so aim a little higher if they are far away.)

#71 Reprint, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2015
  12. Reprint

Reprint New Member

Some more helpful things to be aware of:

1: Press T to go into a third person viewing.

2: Press H for your entire status bar to appear. (Originally at the bottom right of the screen, can be moved if you hit "TAB" and then drag the box around with your curser.)

3: While looting solo, only bring 1 gun with either a full, or half a clip, depending on the gun you brought. This is to ensure two things. 1, You can protect yourself. 2, If you end up dying, you don't lose a ton of stuff.

( Examples of this are as follows: I am going to loot a neighbor hood. I know I will be in many of the houses, and I know that the houses are rather small. So I will bring a shotgun for close quarters. And I will bring one clip of my shotgun ammo with me. The only other equipment I will bring is a backpack of my choosing, and clothes. )

This is to ensure that if you die, you aren't losing anything major that you already had. The idea of looting is to gather more materials than you had before. You don't want to head out with a bunch of gear and end up losing more than you gain.

Different guns will be suitable for different areas. Trying to collect a air drop in the middle of a field? A shotgun might not be the best pick. Try bringing a hunting rifle with a full clip instead, or a AR15 / AK with half a clip. The idea is to be effective in the cheapest way possible. If someone kills you, you want to make sure they wasted as much ammo possible, while also denying them any ammo from your now ridden corpse.

Hope this helps guys!

13. Reprint

Reprint New Member

More tips!

1: Close doors behind you. (You can hear if someone opens the door to follow you inside of the building.)

2: Shoes can be used in multiple different ways.

First off, Conveys will make your character run faster. These are great for long distance travelers, running away from a threatening player, or simply just getting a great work out for your beach bod.
    CONVEY PERKS: Run faster. fashionable.

CONVEY WEAKNESS: Rarer than boots, make moderate noise when running.

Next are work boots. Work boots are great when you are trying to get back to your just slain corpse, ( Thanks for supplying them game! ) They will increase your characters movement speed by a slight amount. Just make sure you don't try to sneak around in them. ( THEY ARE LOUD )

BOOTS PERKS: Run slightly faster than barefoot. Already given at spawn. Easy to find.

BOOTS WEAKNESS: Loud, loud, loud, loud. Do not expect to sneak up on someone if you are running around with these clunky things. They make a high level of noise.

Last is the all too original barefoot fashion. It is hard to believe, but shoes aren't always the best approach to certain situation. Although boots and conveys give speed increases, they also give off a higher amount of noise than your fleshy feet! The barefoot approach is a great way to sneak up on someone who isn't expecting you.

BAREFOOT PERKS: Noise is minimal. They are free(Always have them). They are given at spawn.

BAREFOOT WEAKNESS: You run slower than those with shoes. They make you look homeless.

14. Reprint

Reprint New Member

More Tips!

1: Learning where items like to spawn at can be very helpful.

Try checking cars for Tactical helmets, weapon repair kits, tarps, and above all, scrap metal / metal sheets.

Apartment rooms are a great place to check for guns and ammo. I average about 10-20 bullets per apartment building, while also finding the occasional AR 15 / Hunting Rifle / Shotgun. Just remember that these farming locations are great hot spots for many players to loot up. Don't walk in to an apartment thinking you are alone. Always be prepared.

If you are looking for food / fertilizer / coal, try checking out random trash cans. It doesn't really matter where you are at, trash cans generally hold these items.

Sharp tools such as knives and machetes can be found in many homes inside of neighborhoods, while bows and axes can be found near cabins and on top of random tables outside of trailer parks.

Granted, these items listed above can be found in other locations, these are just some spots I have come across them on at a higher level.

2: First aid kits are the best "healing" items you can get in the game. Although the kits themselves may seem rare and hard to find, they are actually quite easy to make. All you need is a purified water, a salt packet, and a bandage. All three of these items can be found in a house. Check kitchen cabinets for the salt, check the floors and refrigerator for the water ( or simply burn some dirty water ) And check the drawers for clothes. These can be ripped up and turned into bandages. The Salt and Water will make Saline. The Saline and Bandage will make a First Aid Kit. ( You will also get your empty water bottle back. YAY REFILLS! )

15. Reprint

Reprint New Member

More Tips!

1: Make sure you check the weight of items before you decide that you can't carry any more items. Moving items around your inventory can actually provide you with much more needed space. Every large gun weighs 1500. You get three slots for weapons, which includes guns. Take advantage of these spaces. For example, lets say you have a shotgun and a hunting rifle in two of your three weapon slots, and in the third you have a knife. On the ground lies a AR 15, but you only have 400 space left in your backpack, so you can't carry it. WHAT TO DO: Move the knife from your weapon slot, and place it into your backpack. A knife only takes up 100 space. Now you have a empty weapon slot that your ar 15 can go into, and you still have 300 space in your pack for whatever else you want to carry.

If you want to know how much an item weighs, simply hover your mouse over the item, and read the gold / yellow numbers at the top right corner of the box that appears. This will also provide you with information regarding the items use.

16. TeX

TeX Administrator
    Staff Member

Great tips yall
    This thread has been very helpful to many survivors. Thank you!

17. Reprint

Reprint New Member

More tips!

1: Hunting animals can be very beneficial if done correctly. Using a bow is my personal preference. This way I save ammo, and still get the meat I am hunting for. Always bring a knife, machete, or hatchet with you while you hunt. You will need to be able to skin the animal and harvest the fat and meat. Larger weapons such as Wood Axes and Fire Axes will not harvest meat, and instead will destroy your already slain animal. There are a few different animals you can run across in H1Z1.

Rabbits - They give the least amount of energy, and are the hardest animal to hit with a bow. This is why I advise against hunting for them. Instead, build a Animal Trap. ( Takes 4 Wood Planks, 1 Wood Stick, 4 Nails ). The Animal Trap will automatically capture these fuzzy creatures and give you 1 rabbits meat.

Wolves - They give around 30 energy and are quite aggressive if not killed quickly enough. For the amount of work it can sometimes take to kill one, I generally stay away from them, but if you are desperate for some animal fat or food, they are a option.

Deer's - They give around 60 Energy and are very easy to kill. Deer are on my top priority list when I hunt. There are a few reasons for this. First, They give a decent amount of energy when they are consumed. Second, they are more plentiful than a wolf or a bear. Third, they will not attack you at any time. And fourth, they will sometimes give you Deer Bladders, and these can be used to create Deer Scent. (They wont run away as much...That's the idea at least.)

Bears - They give 100 energy, but are rather difficult to kill. Bears are always a kill on sight creature for me. Yes, they are very tough, and yes they will kill you in a 1 2 combo to the face, but the amount of energy the meat gives you is insane. These beasts should always be killed if you can. From my experience, they will take around 5 arrows to dispatch. This isn't a huge issue, since they seem to just stand there half the time and take the hits like a champ, but they may become more active in the future, and a hunting rifle would be the weapon of choice at that point.

And of course, all of these animals ( Besides rabbits from animal traps ) Will contain animal fat. Combine animal fat and a empty bottle in a bbq or fire. That will make biofuel. Yay gasoline. Hope this helps!

18. Reprint

Reprint New Member

More Tips!

Building Tips ( Three Door Entry )

While building a base, there are more than a few ways to make it secure and ensure that whoever attempts to break in will need to waste a lot of materials. Sometimes, a wooden or metal door just isn't enough to stop a bomb carrying maniac. Here are a few examples on how to increase your items security.

THE THREE DOORS BEFORE GEAR METHOD: I like to use this one because it ensures that no matter what my base design is, they will have to cross three separate doorways before they get to any loot I have saved.

Instructions: First, build a foundation. Second, build a extension to that foundation. Third, place a gate in the front middle of the extension, and one in between the extension and the foundation. Fourth, place a shack of your choosing in any space on the foundation. Fifth, place walls around the entire foundation and the extension. Sixth, place a door on the shack. Seventh, place a ramp leading up to the extension gate. If this is all done correctly, you will have a base that requires you to go through the first two gates before they can even reach a door with loot inside.

This is also useful if someone sneaky is trying to get into your base. Lets say they wait for you to open your gate and then run in behind you. Well that's okay, because they are now stuck between two gates, with nowhere to go and nothing to loot. In fact, if you close the gate behind you after they run in, you could trap them there for forever and they might just type /respawn after a period of time. Looks like you just got your loot back and whatever they were carrying!

SIDE NOTE: The above has actually happened to me. It is pretty entertaining seeming them stand there and run around a small rectangle because they cant get out. Cocky bastards.

#78 Reprint, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2015
  19. Reprint

Reprint New Member

More Tips!

Building Tips ( Roofs )

As of right now, there is a odd way to create a roof for your foundation. I do not believe this will be the way the game intends us to create such a thing, but it is the only way as of right now.

Instructions: First, create a shelter of any size. ( Large or regular. ) Second, create a upper shelter of any size ( Large or regular. ) Third, simply place the shelter on the foundation, and then place the upper shelter on top of the lower shelter. After doing so, hold the E button on the bottom shelter. This will take the shelter away, and place it back into your inventory. The upper shelter will remain floating in the air, and create a "roof" environment. ( Many items can be returned to your inventory after being placed. You have roughly 30 seconds to take an item back. Walk up to the item and press E to do so. It may require you to hold the E button or spam it. Just make sure it disappears!)

You are able to do this around your entire foundation to ensure that the roof fully covers your base. ( Don't want any pesky grenades to find their way in!)

If you are looking to save materials, you can also do the "hang over the edge" trick. All you need to do is follow the above instructions, but instead of placing a small upper shelter on top of the lower shelter, place a large upper shelter on it. This will force about half of the shelter to hang off, giving extra coverage.

20. Reprint

Reprint New Member

More Tips!

With the server wipe, many people are experiencing some new and interesting interactions with players. I wanted to list some changes that could end up saving your life in the future.

1: The helmet and Kevlar are incredibly different now. While wearing one, or both of these items, you will take much less damage, depending on where your shot. The helmet and Kevlar protect against 95% of the damage, but only last a couple hits. They can be a great way to survive an attack, but also a terrible way to die. Just make sure that if you are going to attack someone with one of these items, you aim carefully, and you make the bullets count.

2: Bullets. The amount of ammo that appears in the world of H1Z1 seems to have greatly increased with the newest and latest update. I believe this is to battle the new Kevlar and helmet system, but none the less, it is a double edged sword. With more bullets spawning in different areas, that means one of two things. Not only will you have the ability to supply yourself with an awesome amount of ammo, but so will the enemy players. Just keep this in mind when you see a player with a gun, but hope he doesn't have ammo for it. ( Chances are he / she does. )

3: Ghillie suits are a fun new addition to the game. They provide a fancy new look when you run around, and most likely provide you with more camouflage than you are used to. It is important to know where you can find these, and how you can create them. The army base is the area to go to! You can find ghillie suits and well as Kevlar in that area. Not a bad looting spot. In order to create it, you'll need 3 simple items. 4 Twine, 2 Duct Tape, and 20 Cloth. Not too hard to find if you look in enough dressers and a few gas stations. Also keep in mind that the new Mercenary crate allows you to unlock three different items for the ghillie suits. Two of them are accessory kits. One includes tan boots and gloves, the other includes green boots and gloves. The third item is the rare Woodland Ghillie Suit. No matter what ghillie suit you acquire, it wouldn't be a bad idea to try and get your hands on one of the accessory kits. They will provide the final bits of camo that the ghillie suit does not.