Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The land of KoS & pointless filing cabinets

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by billiams23, Jan 19, 2015.

1. billiams23

billiams23 New Member

First off i'll say that I enjoy the game. For eary access its great.

There NEEEEEEDS to be some sort of goddamn morality system because at the moment its literally the hunger games and everyone is Catness or whatever her crappy name is. Everyone is running round with a bow going for that killing spree. A morality system even just a basic one for now that gives SLIGHT rewards, nothing OP. PLX, I don't want to roleplay as catness any longer.

Secondly, I have yet to search a FILE cabinet that yields ANY sort of loot. Not sure crap loot but I havent gotten ANYTHING out of a file cabinet in my hole time playing.

2. Muldin

Muldin New Member

Go to a PvE server if you dont like PvP - I agree the bow is super stupid atm

3. CJHouston

CJHouston Member

That about sums it up, loot spawns will get better though. At least there are PvE servers.

4. Webby

Webby New Member

You are correct...

You are completely correct about the idiotic KoS mentality...

It seems most kids playing H1Z1 are the same holdovers from the FPS battlefield type games (i.e. "kill everything") that plague DayZ. Even though Rocket has said many times that his game, and survival games like it, are not supposed to be about KoS. Apparently, the urge to be a psychotic murder machine is more attractive (i.e. MUCH easier) than to attempt to play on a survival mentality.

That "Whooshing" sound you heard was the point flying right past you!

It is not about PvE or PvP... you can have a great PvP game without the "murder everyone on sight" mentality. The true challenge, and most fun, of this genre of game is in the many other elements of game play. PvP should be one aspect of the game, but the A.D.D. gamers of today cannot grasp the concept.

Doesn't even make logical sense... very few humans remain in the country, outnumbered 20 to 1 by zombies, yet the remaining humans highest priority is to murder each other. Yea, brilliant.

5. demonwing

demonwing New Member

Where is the challenge or conflict in everyone being a big happy friendly family? The game is fun when you survive while performing daring escapades, not after playing minecraft in a corner of the map for a few hours until some "idiot" comes and kills you because you're actually awful at the game.

6. SaiyanX

SaiyanX Member

Its very simple if you dont want to be killed on sight then go play a PVE server. You cannot moan about KOS if you are on a PVP server as it is apart of the game type. - There is no arguing with this its simple logic. Don't like apart of the game don't play that part of the game.

An Honour System will not help with KOS and the reason being is that people will kill you on sight no matter what ranking you are. You could be a good guy with a positive Honour rating of 1000+ and you would get killed just as fast as someone with an Honour Ranking of -1000 the reason being is that you have loot other people want.

Also you comment about people who KOS being kids. Is there some statistical evidence that you can share with everyone else to back up your comment ? It has nothing to do with age i have seen adults KOS i have seen kids KOS, A lot of People kill on sight because they want what you have its that simple.
    Personally i will only kill you if i feel you are a threat to me otherwise i will go on with my own business.

You say its a survival game but honestly humans are a bigger threat then zombies so if i have to kill someone to survive i will. Survival of the Fittest

#6 SaiyanX, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
  7. zephram

zephram New Member

you shouldnt have to run for your life everytime you see someone. even if ur on a pvp server. standalone has a better gamer community

8. SaiyanX

SaiyanX Member

That is subject to opinion. There are many options when seeing someone. You can VOIP to see if there friendly, you can scope them out and see if there behavior is threatening, you can risk carrying on your business, You can kill that person before they kill you, Run away or get killed.

PVP is going to have people that KOS its inevitable and unavoidable im afraid. If you dislike being KOS then the simple solution yet again is to play PVE.

9. billiams23

billiams23 New Member

I'm pretty sure some sort of morality system would lower the percentage of people KoSing. Maybe you get some sort of stat rewards or perks eventually, just ideas.

10. demonwing

demonwing New Member

A "morality system" is a silly broken mechanic, not to mention unrealistic. The REAL issue you have a problem with is consequence-free player aggression. Especially for newish characters with little gear, there isn't enough of a penalty for getting into scuffles (especially when you get badly damaged). Right now you can go around brawling with people and, as long as you don't die, heal back to full and go at it again like nothing ever happened. The drop you get from the player you kill is usually enough to mostly heal you by itself. The only way you get penalized is if you die and that barely matters unless you have progressed significantly with your character.

If getting hurt actually penalized you beyond consuming healing items, such as maybe hurting your leg or getting your head messed up by a punch or breaking your hand that would degrade your character's abilities for some time (maybe 15-30 minutes, a decent amount of time), PvP would change. Players would only want to take smart fights where they have little chance of taking damage, or reserving their aggression only for targets who are worth the kill. This disincentives the current kos meta and gives newer spawns an actual reason to not yolo around everywhere because death doesn't matter.

11. Lazlo

Lazlo Member

This is a post-apocalyptic world, meaning there is no government, laws, order, rules, ethics, or morals. This is literally a Hobbesian state of war. Every decision can lead to a great success or a terrible death. Every encounter with another player can lead to an ally or a threat. The problem is you can't know which is which, some will be saints other will be psychos. So it is actually safer to assume the later, even though I personally don't.

Any game mechanic that forces a code of ethics onto a unwilling person would be wrong. It would limit certain people's play-styles which would in turn limit the diversity of the game.
    Believe me KOS is annoying and frustrating, but it is an aspect of all survival games. The challenge is not against the environment filled with blackberries or the rag-tag horde of zombies, but against the tactical, ruthless, and intelligent humans.

12. BovBox

BovBox Member

KOS ahah jokes

13. billiams23

billiams23 New Member

This is actually a really good idea.

14. Poo

Poo New Member

Can you freely switch between PVE and PVP? Or do you have to have separate characters on separate servers.

Anyone from DCUO knows what I mean.

15. LastHeroCZ

LastHeroCZ New Member

just quick reply ....

People are KOS because they want your loot ...
    ??? WTF ..
    i spawned with nothing .. then someone spawned behind me .... and first thing that guy does is KOS... i had absolutly nothing, no food, no weapons, no ammo, no backapack, etc ... NOTHING ,.but the guy killed me with fists.. not reacting to microphone .... it seems like zombie is behind monitor and doing the same think as zombie in game ...

Thats the reason why i play on PvE until i get band of friends to play together ,... playing alone is certain to be killed by KOS maniac

16. abentwookie

abentwookie Community Event Manager

I think it makes the game more fun when you have to worry about other players attacking you at any moment. :p

17. shugoh

shugoh Member

Thats a load of horse shit. People dont KOS because they want what you have. Part of the reason that they KOS is because they have NOTHING ELSE TO DO, because the survival part of the game is entirely absent(with the zombies being so few and so ****ING pathetically slow and stupid). There is no point on working together as you SIMPLY DONT NEED TO. I think that is the main reason that people KOS, the other reason is that they are unintellectual human beings that dont understand social interaction. Go back to CoD or CSGO. Thanks.

PS: Stop your stupid talk about "if you dont want to be KOS'd the first second you spawn, join a PVE server." That talk just makes you look stupid.
    The game is supposed to be about survival, not a ****ing deathmatch quake 3 type of game. Just because its PVP doesnt mean the main attraction is to randomly shoot people in the head, because thats what youre supposed to do on a PVP server. Because it isnt.

18. SaiyanX

SaiyanX Member

PVP = Player Vs Player would you care to elaborate on that means?

Because in its very definition it means players are against players. So what that means is players will kill players to survive. Its a survival game and as of right now the biggest threat is people. So on a PVP server guess what happens... Killing people to survive.

You sir are an idiot if you think people are going to be all happy and skip around holding hands on a PVP server because that is not what that game type is about.

19. shugoh

shugoh Member

Oh yeah I forgot, on the PVP servers on i.e. World of Warcraft you couldnt do anything except kill other players? Im pretty sure PVP was just A PART of the whole game. You make yourself look the fool here, just so you know. PvP ENABLES players to attack eachother, that does not necessarily mean that you kill every person you see on sight. In a survival game, adding PVP shouldnt make it a Quake shooter game, it just enables people to shoot players as well as zombies.

So just because you join a PVP server, you cannot think it is a bad game mechanic if it enables people to spawnkill you for 10 hours straight? Because "thats whats pvp is about, go to pve if you dont like it." It doesnt work like that.

This broken game mechanic, the useless zombies, and the looting rates, is what makes this game so faulty at the moment. Im pretty sure SOE wants this game to be more than just "spawn->build bow->Attack everyone you see", even on PVP servers. So dont be stupid, or play stupid; or whatever you are doing.

20. SaiyanX

SaiyanX Member

This game is nothing like WoW its not an MMO its an ongoing sandbox game. That's like comparing water to wine.. makes no sense so it makes your argument invalid.

PVP will always have KOS it is inevitable i'm afraid.

The zombies are broken because the server is unstable and glitchy which is why they are spending so much time trying to fix it ( follow the twitter and reddit ) Hopefully when they get that sorted the zombies will be a bigger threat and maybe just maybe KOS wont be such a big issue.

When i play i don't trust anyone but wont kill them unless they attack me that's how i play on PVP servers. I get killed a lot and i have to kill a few people as well but that's just how the game is and i enjoy it.

This is just my opinion though.