Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The land of KoS & pointless filing cabinets

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by billiams23, Jan 19, 2015.

1. shugoh

shugoh Member

Oh yeah I forgot that im such a huge threat, coming out of the woods with no backpack and no weapon. Your logic is flawless. :) Its not about threats, its about boredom and stupidity.

PVP is always PVP, the term doesnt change depending on which game it is. PVP has only one definition, period. And that definition has NOTHING TO DO with randomly killing harmless people. Sophisticated battles between players is PVP too.

All im saying is that the current PVP is not fun in the least, maybe for a short while, but people will eventually get sick of it and quit. This could easily be fixed by making the changes I proposed in another thread on here. They should do it so we can begin testing an actual survivor game. Because I am quite sure that you and I both know that this game is currently not about survival.

2. SaiyanX

SaiyanX Member

Hey man ive seen some crazy ass mother-****ers that come out the woods swinging their fists and kill people with weapons so they are a threat not to mention that as soon as you spawn you can create a bow by ripping up your t-shirt.

The game is in Alpha early release its not finished yet so give them time. Right now the game is all about finding a gun and killing everyone in sight no doubt about that. But i still have high hopes for this game and even when they have it finished and the zombies are a high threat KOS will still happen alot, because people are dicks :)

3. Dellen

Dellen New Member

The problem with KoS directly revolves around the game's very early build. There is a lack of content, no zombie threat, a lack of clans/grouping/self policing, and no real fear of loss upon death. And don't take this as a complaint, it's in Alpha. Features aren't ready, things aren't balanced, the game still has a long way to go. KoS is rampant now but as the game develops it won't be the only way to play, so don't freak out.

I don't blame the KoS crowd though, there isn't much else to do. There is very little reason to build a compound, no zombie horde to aggro when firing that gun, and really what do we lose when we die? I know I typically don't care, geared up or otherwise. The game is in throwaway mode, people don't care enough yet, servers will be wiped multiple times, who really cares if they die, and honestly it's just fun to go around killing everyone.

With that said, nobody is asking for everyone to be one big happy family and skip around holding hands or that there be no KoS, they're asking for a bit of variety. Furthermore, there is a difference between killing players to survive and just killing everyone you see indiscriminately. If people are killing each other to survive, it's only because nearly everyone is just going around ganking eachother. The game is a complete FFA deathmatch atm, you may as well be playing Battle Royale in a larger area. And I'm fine with a FFA deathmatch but that shouldn't be the case on most PvP servers and I guarantee you they didn't set out to make just a FFA deathmatch game.

Some of you people need to stop looking at the game in just one way, or how you like to play. There is no reason why you can't have diversity in gameplay and servers. In the end, if the server is PvP there is going to be KoS to some degree. But it's obvious there are a number of folks that are unhappy with how rampant it is now.

I see a lot of complaining about KoS and that is fine, you should provide feedback about how you want your server to play. Same goes for those who want super hardcore, RP, deathmatch, KoS, etc....they do want to cater to different playstyles and give you the experience you're looking for.

What I haven't seen enough of from those of you with KoS issues is grouping/teaming up. Look for those clans or groups that are non KoS, dedicated to hunting bandits, helping others, building bases, etc... It's still early so they might be hard to find right now, if so start your own. Start a subreddit or a steam group, search for people who want the same. I know one of you guys keeps mentioning the game needs a good base and that the early days and feedback are important, well then get started now and band together.

I swear, if every one of you guys even just picked a server and made it the "unofficial semi-friendly" server and got everyone like minded to join, it may not be so bad. Yes you're going to get trolls and KoSers, but at least you all won't be scattered across all the servers and all the forums and you're bound to run into eachother.

My last piece of advice is to check out the private servers the twitch streamers have. Most of them you'll likely have to sub to their twitch to get a key and I can't guarantee what KoS will be like. Ngtzombies Horde and Rhinocrunch keys can be obtained for free and KoS is heavily frowned upon but will still happen, keep in mind both of them are considered RP servers. I don't know the guy, his practices, or his content but people don't seem to like the Rhino guy so you may want to do your research there and keep that in mind as well.

4. radament

radament New Member

Fact is ....survival games are not meant to be like Battlefield or COD.
    I know is a game but in a real apocalypse situation , would you instakill cute toddlers because they have candies as loot? i hope not.
    I mean interaction between players atm is just "friendly?" "come here i want your hat" "helpp meee!" , where' the "tribes"? if i encounter a group of player that don't want me because for example i'm wearing the wrong hat , and they kill me it's ok , i just hate that people forces you to shoot first.