Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

this game is lacking

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by gnooblet, Jan 20, 2015.

1. gnooblet

gnooblet New Member

before I get into my post I just want to say so far I've had some fun in this game and it has a lot if potential. I'm making this post in the hopes that you can turn this game into a zombie game killer.

1. zombie ai must be upgraded and zombie damage must be increased or add a zombie hold feature where you need to push or get the zombie of you while other zombies do damage forcing you to be extremely skilled at head shots or work as a term this will promote team play and make player vs player more dangerous. allow them to break down doors. make me fear for my life inside. I've only jumped once in this game but I feel like barricades are to powerful.

2. there needs to be objectives in this game they don't need to be to much like left for dead or resident evil. it could be as simple as npc spend calling for help with zombies trying to break a door down in a house. or a scream by the river abs you see a nice loot bag there but 50 zombies around it. it gives players that little something extra to do, and that bit of excitement when they have a chance for rare loot with the amount of zombies it can force team work or interesting pvp. also have hoarded randomly summon to force people out of areas make searching for supplies an actual threat. also you can add poisons from being hit by infected that require you to go to doctor or do something specific to add objectives and make zombies terrifying.

at the moment the only reason searching for supplies is a threat is because you never find anything which brings me to my next point.

3. allow things to drop more readily in houses, I spent the first thirty minutes of this game searching in houses only to find nothing waste my time and start starving and dehydrating. so I left and took to the woods where I spent my time gathering resources making a bow and actually doing stuff. there is almost zero reason to go into the city ever and at the moment it is a waste of time to go there and that is really sad because it looks like it can be fun and there appears to be a lot more zombies. if I wanted only the survival portion I would p lay that don't starve game

4. lastly nerf the bow and arrows into the ground first off knives should be lying around everywhere for weapons especially kitchen knives and that should be required to make the bow weapon. right now this game is too easy and there is no thrill and no real threat to die. I want some things to be more logical. I'd also like to have a harder time scaling up my equipment. right now when you have a bow and arrow who needs bullets? or a sick for a weapon? right now just shoot all day get your arrows back slaughter zombies with ease.

5. lastly allow a difficult setting spawn in this game. if you choose hard you spawn in a town. if you choose easy you spawn in a rural location still random. but this way players who are more warrior and fighter oriented can have it rough with very little food ammo or weapons around. while people who prefer some kind of role play can do the country.

I know this seems like a lot and it is only alpha but I feel these changes are required to attract more people to the game abs keep it fun abs add a thrill factor. the rest of my changes are cosmetic like special aim sites, our girl guy customization. I think a lot of people can get into this game, but at the moment you seriously start getting bored because you either don't fight fit anything but gear illusion ( since bow op) and there physical is nothing to do but run around.

but so far the open world feels great wish I could jump fences. being able to go into houses or even make them /clap

2. SaiyanX

SaiyanX Member

Please follow H1Z1 Twitter ( https://twitter.com/j_smedley )Then you would know that zombies are on easy mode right now because the servers are not stable enough. When the servers are stable the real Zombies will be introduced who are faster smarter and lots lots more of them.

Loot is already being fixed refer to twitter again please.

Bow's are in a very good place right now in my opinion there easy to access and do good but not OP damage. There a reusable resource just like they would be in the real world. If i had a choice between a gun and a bow id chose a gun every time so i dont really see your argument.

Your spawn idea isnt good at all they need to spread the spawn locations out abit more but thats it.

3. Mr Green

Mr Green New Member

Good post nooblet.

I think no.5 is not such a great idea, this would encourage spawn killing and would make grouping back up with your teammates to quickly.

4. gnooblet

gnooblet New Member

My problem with the bow isn't op damage. IT is attainability of the bow, and ease of access of arrows. Right now you can run to the woods soon as the game starts and come out loaded. Then it gets to a point of why even leave the woods? you have berries, and you have all the ammunition you need then you're not playing a game. You have won and beat the zombie apocalypse there is no reason to go into town the end. It isn't fun or good gameplay and makes the game slightly boring.

My personal experience of being spawned in the middle of no where with no map, no idea where to go and just start running I ran deep into the woods toward a mountain I couldn't get over. THen I ran around for longer finding nothing and wanted to kill myself for a new spawn but couldn't find any bears, zombies, wolves or anything couldn't drown myself in water because it is child proof water.

That isn't even the big issue. I know people who would want to play this game but it needs a lot more thrill factor to get people on board. The spawning in a city location as a team and trying to work together to survive and get out the town would be great.

The spawn idea again could be randomized so you don't just appear in the big city but at least in a small town. So for example, you and 3 friends join a party before you start the game. You all click hard mode and are in a party. You get spawned in THE major city that is on the map right now I forget what it is called. You guys try hard and one person dies and gets sent back to the character creation screen. Now the person clicks hard again but his parties characters have already been created in game. When you spawn you spawn at a smaller town far from the city but still in a town.

This is just an example all the friends could spawn at the small town on first creation. So it wouldn't be spawn camping it wouldn't be immediately getting to your teammates. However, would provide a fun survival experience for players that want to start somewhere with extra threat's and fewer resources (no berries or stick for bows or the few that are around are in a courtyard surrounded by zombies.

5. SaiyanX

SaiyanX Member

use /loc in game then go find a map online there easily enough to find then run the right direction. Spawning in Towns and citys is a big NONO