Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How you know its gotten bad.

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by Apockelipse, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Apockelipse

Apockelipse New Member

Ok, so i made a post about this before, but now I KNOW it's gotten to be an issue, the KoSing is becoming more and more and it's getting rediculous, literally me and my friend have gotten spawn killed by bows and guns 4 times in a row, we TRIED to go on a PvE server, but it seems everyone else has had the same idea, the queues only go as low as 50 people, and yes I understand that there's gonna be new EU eservers introduced tonight, but when a VERY large amount of your players are at the point of "F PvP this is retarded" its time to put in a deterrent for just KoSing everyone you see, I'm all for bandits, but people play PvP for the interaction, not to get killed the minute someone sees them because: "Lol why not, i can't get into trouble" the Battle Royal servers are for that, they're made for people to get a murder boner on and kill everything in sight, and its gotten bad enough now that most people are flocking to the PvE servers with even the recipe wipes etc. etc. when they normally wouldn't just so they can escape the dicks that are doing it, i'm not asking for much, just SOMETHING to encourage players to actually interact with one another, and not just outright move to kill everyone they see.

I say this PURELY because its sucking the fun out of the game for i'm SURE many people, i know me and my friends are frustrated, and as a result the PvE servers are Jam Packed with people just wanting the KoS BS to STOP.

You don't have to listen, and tbh i don't necessarily expect it, but jesus christ PLEASE people unite and tell SoE that its needed....

2. Grant

Grant New Member

Surviving on a PvP server:

1: Log in
    2: Shred shirt
    3: Find stick
    4: Make bow
    5: Find more sticks
    6: Make arrows
    7: Find branch
    8: Grab berries
    9: Stay low
    10: Profit

I mainly play PvE but cut my teeth during WarZ/Infestations flashlight wars of 2012, it sucks just have to play smart and use an out of game communication like Skype/TS/Vent/Mumble.

3. Apockelipse

Apockelipse New Member

The things me and my friends do everytime: doesn't help when you get headshot while looting something or some guy literally just runs up behind you and headshots you then moves on, or, my personal favorite thats been happening, kills you the minute you spawn. because why not.

4. radament

radament New Member

well , you can expect an arrow in the face while looting and that's normal for me , i just hate spawn kill when people know you have nothing but want to kill you like it's the last day of his life.
    And yes , now that loot is fixed , what's the point to kill a naked fresh spawned guy?

5. demonwing

demonwing New Member

I like the heavy difficulty and competitive feel of the game at the moment as I'm sure many others do. If you want to frolic cities doing whatever you want and play legos all day there is the option to join PvE servers. Or just play minecraft. . .

6. bruno51615

bruno51615 Member

Right now I don't feel that there is enough penalty for KOS, however I believe Sony will add penalty for KOS which will make you think twice.

7. INFECTED H1Z1

INFECTED H1Z1 New Member

All you got to do is give it time. Must be a lot of pressure for Sony Online right now with all the bugs and problems.

8. Fylkra

Fylkra New Member

There are PvE servers. PvP is a self regulating community. We don't need guards or anything else. The fact is the OP is complaining about a non-issue. If you have been on for a minute and get killed what did that person gain? What did you lose? Nothing. Re-spawn and try again. Be careful, get friends, use protocols, be careful, travel in groups, BE CAREFUL. Really we do NOT need a bunch of Carebears™ complaining about KoS. My personal suggestion is that if you see someone or hear someone HIDE or RUN.

9. SaiyanX

SaiyanX Member

200 EU servers should now be working.
    KOS on a PVP server is a non-issue as everyone knows or should know by now PVP = Player Vs Player that means in its very definition that you are against players. You will be killed, You will have your loot taken.

Simple solution don't like KOS play PVE. You cannot moan about a massive part of the game when your playing in that game mode. That's like moaning about KOS on a Battle Royal Server its madness

The sooner people learn this the better for the community.

10. Thadius

Thadius New Member

In my mind the problem isnt the PvP itself, its how crowded normal PvP servers are. I cant go to almost any cluster of buildings without being attacked by waves of zergling newspawns.

Again, being attacked is not the problem, its the frequency of it.

This is something I expect to get better as the game increases map size. But now its a bit silly.

For comparison;
    The Dayz SA map is roughly four times the size of H1Z1 and has a max player limit of 50 players.
    So in short, H1Z1 has four times the players, on only one fourth of the map size of DayZ.

I feel on my toes and nervous on a full server in Dayz. On a full server on H1Z1 I just feel annoyed. "Here we go again for the tenth time in 15 minutes..."

It loses its excitement and just becomes a chore.

Id suggest variable population sized servers in addition to the ones we have until such time as the map expands (and the spawn locations become more focused).

#10 Thadius, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
  11. BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver Guest

Its an ad nauseam mantra, however it bares repeating, you're Testing not pre-trial playing a live game. I'm not trying to single you out or point out something that's obvious. Yes, I empathize with you greatly, however its important to keep your Testing Hat on and not your "Gamer - I want to play" hat on.

Your points are valid and I'd encourage you to pursue your feedback to the dev's too.

12. Fonsworth

Fonsworth Member

OP, dude, CRY MORE!

If you don't want to take the chance of getting killed by a random person for no reason then take your carebear a$$ to a PvE server. I went on a PvE server the other day, Plague. No que at all.

It's players like you that cry and piss and moan that ruin the atmosphere, not people who KOS.

I KOS everyone who is not my friend. Rarely do I give a chance for someone to walk away without confrontation. If you do, all they are going to do is shoot you in the back. This is just like LIFE.

13. witcher1979

witcher1979 New Member

Actually:

1: Log in
    2: Shred shirt
    3: Shred Trousers
    4: Make satchel
    5: Find stick
    6: Make bow
    7: Find more sticks
    8: Make arrows
    9: Find branch
    10: Grab berries
    11: Stay low
    12: Profit

14. radament

radament New Member

[​IMG]

15. Fonsworth

Fonsworth Member

I'm glad someone gets it
    :D

16. Ransurian

Ransurian New Member

Yep, human nature is all about killing fellow human beings for no reason whatsoever. I mean, we're totally not a predominantly social species. Nope, that most certainly isn't how humanity developed such wonders as civilization. It all happened by lone-wolfing and "killing on sight."

When everyone and their grandmother spawns into the game to craft a bow out of cloth and a stick and start killing other players without much (if any) gear, there's a problem. Rampant KoS without consequences is a problem, and you know it is. Stop denying what's obvious.

17. Sovereign

Sovereign Member

Not to mention just KOS everyone also stops a lot of testing of other game mechanics. Which is what were doing here testing.

18. Fonsworth

Fonsworth Member

Actually, idk if you pay attention, but war and brutality are human nature. Name a single time in human existence that there has been total peace among men. There hasn't. And in an apocalypse situation you can bet that it's every man for himself.

You must also consider that 90% of the player base is likely DayZ veterans who are all skiddish after years of playing that. I'm not in denial, I just don't cry about being KOS'd on a PVP server, far from, I expect it and do my best to either avoid people or kill them before they kill me. At the very least, do enough to scare them off and make them not want to fight at all.

If you want to test out game mechanics without the risk of PVP then go to a PVE server with all the rest of the carebears.

19. Sovereign

Sovereign Member

Hey I didnt say I agreed. I was being the devils advocate since everyone just jumped on the OP. Im straight up PvP.

And just to be that same guy again. The PvE server cant even stop the PKing with landmines and running people over with cars.

The worst thing about the community I have seen thus far is the talking of absolute shit after someone domes you like:

"YEA GET SOME YOU FAGGOT!! I REKD YOU!!!!111!!"

That kind of CoD mentality is whats killing it for most communities. Which is why it was not allowed in MMOs for people to talk to people of opposite factions for decades.

Its got to the point where even now I dont give people the benefit of the doubt. People shouting "Im friendly! Im friendly!" then you let them go and get an arrow to the dome.

This causes nobody to trust anyone and makes everyone KoS. Its about the communities trust. I think thats what hes trying to explain.

20. Ymirx

Ymirx Community Event Manager

Its just the cycle when it comes to these games. Somebody gets KOS'd enough they just start KOS'ing others cuz they are sick of it.

Its normally started by 14 year old kids who just enjoy making the game miserable for others.Z

and the PVP excuse can only go so far, there is no point in mowing down fresh spawns with a shotgun. The idea of PVP is so you can kill to get better loot not kill for the sake of killing and or for the sake of laughing at peoples misery.

#20 Ymirx, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015