Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

bow controls

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by TeX, Jan 21, 2015.

1. TeX

TeX Administrator
    Staff Member

Would you rather it be the way it is now, where you draw an arrow with the right mouse button, and fire with left? Personally, I'd like like left mouse button to draw an arrow, and hold left mouse button until you are ready to fire, then release to fire, and right mouse button to strike with bow. Any opinions on this?

2. Jordan H1Z1

Jordan H1Z1 New Member

I like the way you suggested but hold right mouse button and let go to fire, I've always assigned the right mouse button to aiming and that's essentially what you're doing with the bow. Either way it's the same.

I'd like them to do this but I don't think they would, maybe they would but as a hardcore option or something.

3. Mace

Mace New Member

Holding right mouse should aim the bow. Holding down left click should charge it and releasing left click should fire. I agree that letting go of the key should be the way it's shot....that much closer to the real thing.

IMO the bow system in FarCry 4 is amazing.

4. Fylkra

Fylkra New Member

I agree with mace. Something just feels off even though I'm a holy terror with the bow it just feels odd.

5. BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver Guest

Personally, I like the Right Click Draw (Hold to aim), Left Click Release, as most FPS fire modes are designed. Currently you have to Left Click for Nocking, Right click to draw, then Left click to release. People seem to get confused as they aren't anticipating needing to Nock the arrow.

6. SaiyanX

SaiyanX Member

Couldn't have put it better myself :)

7. bruno51615

bruno51615 Member

The crossbow did feel strange for me when I started playing, but I just got used to it. Could be nice if we have options to toggle between the default one we have right now and the one BuzWeaver suggested.

8. Rick_Grimes H1Z1

Rick_Grimes H1Z1 New Member

They should have a toggle option for bow controls.