Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Perks of early access

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by Fastjack, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Fastjack

Fastjack New Member

Hello! I received H1Z1 as a gift and have had some good times with it. I have recently been trying to recruit two of my regular online gaming friends to purchase the Early Access and join me, but they have the same issues with your business model that everyone else has. They don't understand why you would charge 20 bucks for a game in early access when custom dictates the price should actually be lower.

Anyway, I thought of the fact that you give out free tickets to open crates with skins in them that you normally have to pay for. I have two questions:

Will this automatic accrual of keys happen when early access has ended?

and

Will we get to keep the account-bound skins and such that we get from those crates?

I think that a return on their 20 dollar payment would go a long way towards convincing them (and others) to put up the cash. Thanks!

2. BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver Guest

Its important to remember that you're paying for early testing access (Alpha). I'm finding that as developers use this model of fee based testing its starting to set an unrealistic expectation.

As far as your questions are concerned anything you purchase via the market place (Station Cash) will be persistent as the game moves along, with perhaps the exception of Air Drops.

3. Fastjack

Fastjack New Member

How about the second question?

Will this automatic accrual of keys happen when early access has ended?

4. SaiyanX

SaiyanX Member

The incentive to pay and play this game is because you enjoy this type of game and do not want to wait till its released.

This is what you get for early access. I disagree i don't think they should refund you your money just because it will go to free to play.
    This Standard Edition Bundle grants you:

Early Access to H1Z1
    3 Event Tickets
    1 Launch Crate Key
    2 Crates

The Premium Edition Bundle grants you:

Early Access to H1Z1
    25 Event Tickets
    3 Airdrop Tickets
    4 Launch Crate Keys
    6 Crates
    Exclusive Aviator Hat Crafting Recipe

5. Fastjack

Fastjack New Member

I think the point is being missed here. I am trying to sidestep the whole controversy and just find out the facts so I can get more people in the game.

So the question remains: Will we continue to automatically accrue keys after the game moves from "early access" to "released", or is that early-access exclusive?

6. bruno51615

bruno51615 Member

I believe you can find event tickets in game and if you win events you will be able to get the store items from br drop. The game will be F2P when its fully released.

7. BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver Guest

Its a great question, one that we currently don't have a definitive answer for. I'd direct this question to the dev's via Reddit.