Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The one reason melee combat is broken right now

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by demonwing, Jan 21, 2015.

1. demonwing

demonwing New Member

Melee combat right now is completely random and mostly luck-based with only a marginal amount of skill involved. It isn't numbers balancing, it isn't ping, it is the fact that there is NO PLAYER COLLISION in this game.

As it is now, melee fights devolves into both players basically existing inside of each other trying to get lucky and manage to nick whatever part of the other guy's hitbox is sticking out of them. The only way to try to fight melee is to play with 3824820 mouse sensitivity for the constant 180 flicks or use scripts.

Reminds me of knife-only servers without collision in CSS where the meta was to use 180 scripts to sprint through people and backstab them.

Having played many melee oriented games before, this is not about lrn2playnoob, the combat is actually broken because of this.

#1 demonwing, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2015
  2. BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver Guest

Interesting observation. I have a feeling they'll address this.

3. kryptocide

kryptocide Member

i already made a thread about this. it contained like 2 sentences. which is prolly why it didnt get much replys. ppl like long useless essays instead of straight to the point ideas.

http://h1z1forum.com/showthread.php?t=2575

why isnt there player collision...this should be standard in every single high budget game in existance...

4. maettsy

maettsy New Member

apparently an axe beats a flashlight/fists, who'd have thought

5. SaiyanX

SaiyanX Member

it probably got missed because there are a multitude of threads all complaining about the same thing.

As you all know this is ALPHA and the dev's have already said that the character model is not the final product so im sure when they get the final model out or maybe sooner they will fix collision.
    They have a massive to-do list with certain things being the Priority mainly getting the servers stable when the servers are stable they can add better/faster/smarter/more zombies.

Its only been out what 1 week today :) Patience people

6. kirkyboy

kirkyboy New Member

I agree its pretty messed up when fist fighting and you cant hit someone when your aimed on them but when your not you hit them lol.

7. demonwing

demonwing New Member

The collision has nothing to do with character models. They clearly intended there to be no collision, or overlooked it, else it would have been there from the start. You clearly have no knowledge whatsoever about game development or about what constructive feedback is. Do you really think they have only one employee who can just do one thing at a time? "first I have to finish this net code optimization up before I can work on the character model art!". No, that's stupid. Stop posting your nonsensical white knight crap all over the boards.

8. Rick_Grimes H1Z1

Rick_Grimes H1Z1 New Member

Even though there are problems with the melee combat system, I have to say that the melee combat in this game is very skillful and tactical, and I love it. Fix it, but keep most of the 'feel' still in there.

9. SaiyanX

SaiyanX Member

I never claimed to know about Game development i'm just giving a view that isn't negative like most of the entitled brats on this forum.

All i'm saying is its 1 week into early access and there working very hard to get the server stable and zombies up to scratch. I'm sure they have lots and lots of employee's working on different aspects of the game.
    It seems to me that most of you guys expected a finished game polished and perfect. You people are the idiots of the forum. Be patient grow up and get out of your mothers basement.