Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Is Camping in H1Z1 an affective method?

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by HerculezPlayz, Nov 17, 2016.

1. HerculezPlayz

HerculezPlayz New Member

I believe that camping in H1Z1 is an affective message, I came in 2nd place with 50,000 pts. just my sitting inside the safe zone and not moving a muscle until I had the safe zone got so small I had to actually move, but by then I was in the top 10 already. I am wondering if this is a common strategy and if anyone thinks its a reliable strategy as a whole.

Thanks!

Eric Sousa

2. DanDestroyer

DanDestroyer New Member

No, you are learning absolutely nothing by camping and hiding. If you want to become good at this game, take as many fights as possible :)

3. Fearthebuns

Fearthebuns New Member

For placing in top 25, turtling can be strong. You can hear everyone coming, you have the jump on most players wherever you are hiding, and you are avoiding combat which most players are actively seeking.

In terms of actually progressing your skills in the game your not really getting anywhere when you have to turn and kill a player.

Can work to a certain point, eventually you will have to take fights and engage to win the game.

4. Re-Patch

Re-Patch New Member

You will grow tired of that playstyle at the very latest when you have 10 wins with 1-2 kills and realizing it's not really fun anymore :) If you want to get better, go fight, go fight them all. It's a lot more rewarding and teaches you the game better.

If all you care about ever is winning, go for it, play however you like, but if you want to improve, take my (and all the other posts above) advice and go fight!

5. Cheddarmac

Cheddarmac New Member

if you are casual, it's an easy way to get a relatively decent rank but there isn't any gain from it

6. ODBxDrCaptainSir

ODBxDrCaptainSir New Member

Camping has its place in both sides of h1z1. I've picked off stragglers in kotk and JS which really takes the heart out of the team when they start losing folks. But it's also just a tool in the toolbox.

7. Mcb1986

Mcb1986 New Member

Hanging back in the fog camping airdrop crates that fall outside the safezone and picking up would be claim jumpers is affective. If you do solo in 5s staying out of sight is your best chance of survival. Load up and border the gas cloud towards the center stacking med kits and bandages before rushing into the fight when Safezone shrinks.

I advise against camping in the center of the safezone. You need to scavenge. Also consider other with same mindset to go directly to center. They with surely find you lol.